Where do YOU take someone, whom you're trying to impress or give the impression that you're cool, out to eat?

Where do YOU take someone, whom you're trying to impress or give the impression that you're cool, out to eat?

Other urls found in this thread:

whiskey-cake.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My place after I roofie them

What kind of impress? Like oh look at me I'm so hip and trendy? I'd take them to a hot local spot.

Look at me I'm so fucking rich? I take them to one of the places that is 100 bucks a plate and they refuse to seat you if you aren't wearing a suit (fucking uptight cunts).

Normally I go with the former instead of the latter though because I hate the atmosphere of those posh places.

McDonald's

Applebee's

Doc Crow's

Any good Japanese restaurant that isn't expensive. Korean place if we're going to be drinking.

If it's a date, somewhere with good food but doesn't make you full.

If it's for hanging out, some buffet.

whiskey-cake.com/
we can share a whiskey cake for dessert.

hipster as fuck but its delicious.

Golden Corral.
That way I don't look weird when I fill my plate with pizza and tendies.

Fazolis

Get one of those triangle sandwiches and a box of supermarket sushi and go eat at a cemetery next to the biggest headstone you can find, guaranteed panties will drop.

Haven't had many opportunities to take someone out for dinner lately, but a local taqueria just opened up and it is great. I'd definitely take someone there. There's also a great genuine japanese restaurant right by my house. They actually serve really good takoyaki.

Either a nice local place, upscale asian restaurant, or an Italian restaurant.

Ethiopian

The ol bill cosby special

Cool: pizza or bagel
Impress: Proper restaurant, order steak or Fatányéros(is that the right word in English?)

>overloaded greasy vomit pizza slices
>limp fries
surely not to the place where that amerishit-food came from.

>15 piles of diarrhea

no wonder theyre all starving over there

It's just stew on bread.

Also I would never surprise or try to impress someone with Ethiopian, seems like a dick move. It's the sort of thing everyone should know and agree upon before going.

Btw the real treat at Ethiopian restaurants is the coffee, especially if you have a small family run cafe and not one of those huge, "charge by the person" places that you find in a college town.

You take them home to you, make simple food stuff like sandwitches or if you're in the mood and have the time, and you impress them with your personality.

If you lack personality - get rich, take her shopping before you take her to a restaurant - any restaurant you like will be good enough, if you fill her or him with champaigne there.

Notes: don't do this if you're still in school and your money belongs to your mom and dad.

Fire station 69.

I take them to the beach and grill up some ribs. It's the best if it's a first date. They either relax and have fun or feel awkward because they're getting sloppy sauce all over their fingers and face.

>give the impression that you're cool

OP, seriously just be yourself. That's more "cool" than anything. Take them to eat somewhere that you like and appreciate.

Close but no dubs, you have to die.

A white table cloth Thai place near me or a nice sushi place (also just a few blocks from me). Just make sure you learn what things are so they don't have a shitty experience if they don't know anything about the food.
Often I'll order something I think they might like for myself in case they insist on ordering something they hate.
That way I can share or switch.

Straight between my meaty, manly thighs.

vietnamese

Whatever the busiest local, lunch place is.

If you go to a place that gets a large number of people coming in, it shows that you're conscious of other people's taste, and not just your own ("If they like it, it must be good!"). It's letting people know that you're a personable guy.

Going to a local place weeds out any fast food places. This shows that you care about quality and won't settle for the cheapest, most convenient places out there. It's about taking that extra bit of effort to eat at a place that has actual standards. Local places are generally more expensive. Spending the most money isn't your main goal here, though it is a factor that comes into play.

It's important to choose a lunch place as well. Your goal there is to present your knowledge and personality (that you're a cool guy, in other words) to whomever you're accompanied with. Lunch is meant to be casual and brief. Dinner is too intimate and should be reserved for people who you're already well acquainted with. Breakfast, like dinner, is time consuming as well. With lunch, it's universally acknowledged that you're both free during this time. Choosing to eat at lunchtime shows that your time is worth something; you've got more important matters during the rest of the day, and this is the only time you're free to spend it. Lunches are small too; you're not there to have a meal. Simply participate: order something, and nothing more.

Going against these rules shifts the center of value away from yourself. It's not about your appetite, your money (or lack thereof), how convenient the place is, or how cool the other person is. It's YOU who is cool.

This applies for dates too.

Mexican place. Get them loaded on margaritas so when I fuck their face later they vomit pale green liquid that smells of beans

Autism

Is it wrong though?

>Veeky Forums dating advice

I have been seeing this girl and I took her to a very fancy dinner, it was $280 for dinner for 2 and we didn't even have dessert there.

I think she's my girlfriend now, we kiss a little but haven't made out or anything

I really have no idea how this works. I'm open to insight as well.

It's more likely than you think.

Any place that does tapas.

>2016 not impressing girls with small bites
>sophisticated
>few drinks
>go home and mate.

Try to troll better. Practice on /b/. They are the professionals.

>we kiss a little but haven't made out or anything
>spending $280 on a girl just for a peck
You might as well hire a hooker.

what is trollish about it exactly?
but long term it's a good investment, isn't it? I think she likes me a lot

If you want to impress someone or give the impression that you're cool, you don't take them out to eat. You fucking cook them something impressive or cool. Why do I have to tell Veeky Forums this?

Looks worse than a reheated cafeteria meal.

Dubs dubs never lie

This user. Make sushi before her eyes. Instant panty droplets.

Took this guy out to get dim sum on our second date and after picking out the dishes I learned he doesn't eat pork, beef, or any seafood. Packed a to go bag and left :/

I need all of it in my mouth, thank you

While I agree with this, I wouldn't do this for a first date. Unless it's someone you knew previously as a friend or have hung out with before, a lot of girls will get creeped out, even if it's not warranted, by going to your place to eat as the first date, not after it if it goes well. Honestly, I don't like to go to a big sit down dinner for a first date, what the date's going shitty? Then you're stuck sitting with them for an entire meal and still have to pay. For a first date I normally just find a place that has a live musician playing, sit and have a couple beers and an appetizer to share. And I'm not talking about a shady bar that has a local shitty band playing, I mean a more upscale restaurant that has a quieter bar and usually a guy playing acoustic guitar or something. Plus, live music is great if there are any lulls in the conversation, there's no awkward silence if you can just listen to the music for a minute together. Now a SECOND date, that's when you invite her to your place to cook her a kickass meal which will drop panties easily unless you can't cook, but even then your chances are increased just by trying

Nowhere. I cook for them.

> First date
> I tell that bitch to come over and I'll 'cook' her something real gud

Enjoy your forever virgjnity.

You assume a lot, user, and you'd be wrong in your assumption. Maybe if you could cook you would see how legitimate my idea is. After all, OP never stipulated this was a first date scenario, and women love a guy who can cook well.

From what you're saying, no passion at all. Don't waste your time any further. And quit taking women for fancy, expensive meals. It's the company that counts so if she can't be happy having a hotdog on a bench in the rain with you, she's not worth the price of a fucking hotdog.

Yeah but not on a first date, Casanova; and as a vagina bearer myself, I can most confidently assure you of that.

Perhaps you're missing reading comprehension, but where in the following prompt do you see the stipulation of a first date?
>Where do YOU take someone, whom you're trying to impress or give the impression that you're cool, out to eat?

Pizza Ranch
>endless fried chicken
>endless pizza
>that completely untouched salad bar
Shit is paradise. And if she comes back with a salad you know she's probably a faggot and will be ostracized by everyone in the dining room.

Oh, I'm sorry - you're quite right. Aiming to impress and have someone think you're cool is definitely something that should be avoided at all costs on a first date.

Are all women this retarded or just the ones who post on Veeky Forums?

Your hurt feelings are noted, princess.

Huh?

Very wrong.

Just so you know, , was not me. Now, on the other hand, what is your fascination with this "first date" deal? I ask you in response to your question: Why can't I cook a woman a good meal, maybe on a 3rd or 4th date, in an effort to impress her or make her think I'm cool?

You can. I never said you shouldn't, did I?

But you seemed so adamant about this first date business, as though I had suggested cooking a meal as my idea of a first date (which I didn't). I ask again, what is your fascination with this "first date" deal?

You realise you've used the term 'first date' in every reply to me, right?

Don't take a throwaway post so personally. Jesus.

Don't feel so justified in offering your unsolicited opinion that has no pertinent point with respect to addressing OP's prompt. Jesus.

So you admit that your post had no relevance to the topic and was just your way of saying "tee hee i'm a girl btw :3" ?

Just had a date with a Vietnamese girl, didn't want to do a really good Vietnamese restaurant since that seemed dumb. Went to a local semi-upscale grill, she says she normally goes to the local Viet places. Still managed to score a second date, feel good mang.

It's got everything to do with the topic, chucklefuck. And seeing as you posted like some big-I-am of manly 'knowledge' of all things 'women', you invited a response.

Stay frosty.

You realize you're responding to two different people, right?

You realize this is an image board and no one fucking cares if you don't bother identifying yourself as another poster, right?

How's that newness working out for you?

You're becoming bitter. It doesn't suit you. No one wants to take a bitter woman out on a date to impress her.

tee hee i'm a girl btw :3

Me and most girls I've talked with about first date all prefer to be brought home to a dinner, or order something nice while at home and relaxed.
>The problem with restaurants is, that you can't talk & laugh loud and there is a certain dress code.
>Bar/pub is a place where people often get drunk and the environment is less romantic.
>Fast food chains and ice cream bars tend to make girls feel like the guy's childish, nothing wrong with the food though.

Best place to be is home, where the guy makes a balanced meal or order pizza/sushi/whatever you both like.
Alternatively if it has to be at a dining place, then take the girl out to a restaurant that is local in your area - know what they are good at making and recommend that to the girl, she will most likely accept and order it.
Restaurant must not be too crowded either.

metro bistro off the plaza mayor

Take her to finger city and see if she's keen.