The Earth is Flat

Tonight I will be making a post with reasons why the Earth is flat and the universe is not what we have been told. I will be challenging ANYONE here to debunk those reasons. Like all other flat-Earthers, I started off as a man of mainstream science trying to debunk the flat-Earth and I failed. Almost 1 year later, I am 100% certain that the Earth is a flat, motionless plane. Anyway, here is a good starting point for the flat-Earth. Watch these two videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=sfMZ9sDXAp0

youtube.com/watch?v=1jmWImhNo84

I also challenge any one of you to attempt to discuss this topic without resorting to playground insults and calling me a "retard". The reason you do this is because you've been conditioned to have this reaction. I guarantee I'll get nothing but abuse for this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hV39QwDY_JQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WQITXbcz2hg
youtube.com/watch?v=cYfB0B16VQA
youtube.com/watch?v=F5Gl28xuvnI
youtube.com/watch?v=63bK7AnWNWw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"retard"
retard

When you look into this topic properly, all the evidence points to a flat, motionless Earth. There is zero evidence for the speculated spinning ball that we are told we live on, and mountains of evidence to suggest the Earth is flat. I will be summarizing this in my next thread later on tonight.

Gtfo retard

retard

retard

Anyone?

For those of you who think this is a troll topic, I challenge you to watch those videos. Especially the second one "10 Questions for Neil Degrasse Tyson". There are thousands of flat Earth videos on youtube, and that is one of the best ones with the most solid points.

cant wait to call you retard in the next thread
retard

I don't care if I get 100 replies from edgy children saying the same thing, so long as at least one person sees this thread and thinks it's worth looking into.

retard

you actually think this? if you really do then you're a....... retard

yeah, the second one, completely rational questions. Absolutley no fails that even a child could see.
>how do we breath?

"The ultimate ignorance is rejection of something you know nothing about, yet refuse to investigate".

Until you've looked into it, your opinion is invalid. Like I said, as long as at least one person reads this thread, watches those videos and has a desire to look into it further, then that's all that matters.

Try letting the guy elaborate on what he's saying, instead of having a knee-jerk reaction and making a premature conclusion after just a few seconds of watching the video. Try watching the whole thing. Have some self control. Until you do that, you can't form an opinion on this topic.

except that people have looked into this topic and the majority of people would disagree with it, including renowned/respected scientists

The vast majority of people (at least 95%) hear the words "Flat Earth" and immediately make up their mind. Many respected scientists have looked into it but have been too scared to publish their findings because they can't go against the Newtonian paradigm because it would cost them their careers.

If you've looked into this, then tell me what you know about it and why it makes no sense to you? The only reason it makes no sense to you is because you've been taught otherwise, and you don't have the open mind to accept any other possibilities.

I'm not being rude, but that's about the long and the short of it.

I generally keep an open mind but there are too many questions raised by a flat earth.

>ships on the horizon
>coriolis
>GPS
>planes seeing the curved horizon
>why can't I see Paris from my house?
etc etc

except it wouldn't ruin their career in fact it would make them really famous, science isn't like a religion it's always open up to new ideas. If science is wrong then we must correct it!

Or better yet, Pictures of Earth from fucking space.

If the earth is flat why does it appear to be round from above
How do moon phases work
Why don't we notice that the south pole is not a point on a sphere, but a ring around the flat earth

If the earth was flat you would never be able to watch the sun sink below the horizon during sunset: it would always remain just above the horizon sinxe there's nothing for it to go behind.

Further, the sun is not a "spotlight" either because when it would be hovering over a different part of the flat earth far away it would appear flattened as an ellipse to the angle you're viewing it from.

Additionally, please provide dimensions for the supposed size, orientation, and position of the sun so that we can further debunk you. I want numbers telling me where exactly it is over the earth and where it's pointing in terms of miles.

The earth is not flat.

that too

How do compasses work
How do sun, moon and everything else that can be seen through a telescope work and why are they in the places which can be calculated by using the round planetes model

Why is the red way shorter than the green one in real life?

1. Ships on the horizon disappear simply because they go beyond the vanishing point of perspective. Your eyes can't see that far, in other words. But as soon as you zoom in with a camera, the same ship that has disappeared will come straight back into view. There's tons of footage of this on youtube. The ships do not disappear because of the Earth's curvature, they simply disappear beyond the perspective vanishing point of your eyesight.

2. Why doesn't Coriolis effect airplanes or anything else that leaves the ground? An airplane flying north will not end up north-west if it keeps on the same path. In other words, the spin of the Earth has no effect on planes or anything else for that matter.

3. GPS works the exact same on a flat map. In fact, It doesn't prove the Earth is a globe. Also, if you look at any flight tracker website, you will find that there are no planes flying over the Southern Hemisphere, because on a flat Earth map, the Southern Hemisphere represents the outer edges of the Earth. All the land is near the middle.

4. You cannot see the curvature of Earth outside an airplane. The curvature cannot even be detected at 120,000 feet in a weather balloon, so how is it possible to see it at 37,000 feet altitude on an airplane? Also, why aren't planes flight paths affected by the curvature? Why aren't they constantly flying nose-downwards to stop them constantly gaining altitude, as they would if the Earth had curvature? Just to keep level flight, they would constantly have to fly nose-downwards to stop them flying off into space. But this doesn't happen.

5. Why can you see the Isle of Wight Lighthouse 42 miles away? Why can you see some islands over 80 miles away, when they should be hundreds of feet of curvature? What you can and can't see across the ocean depends on the atmosphere and weather conditions, and has nothing to do with curvature. Again, the videos I posted go into this, and there are many more I can post.

What kinds of crimes are you going to commit as a result of your mental illness?

all of them, by the looks of it

> 1. Ships on the horizon disappear simply because they go beyond the vanishing point of perspective. Your eyes can't see that far, in other words.

How can I see stars then, Or the moon
Are they closer to me than the boat ? It can't be because they're bigger, because I can also see satellites at night and those are smaller than most boats. Unless you're saying those don't exist.

>5. Why can you see the Isle of Wight Lighthouse 42 miles away? Why can you see some islands over 80 miles away, when they should be hundreds of feet of curvature?

You're retarded.

That's just nonsense. You can bring the Sun back into view with a telescope or binoculars even after it has set. Try it yourself.

Why does nobody who believes the Earth is round understand anything about how perspective works? When you look down a long corridor, everything meets at the point of convergence. If you look at the lights on the ceiling of the corridor, they will appear to be going downwards. This is because of perspective. It's the same thing with the setting sun.

Also, in the flat Earth model, the Sun is only a few thousand miles away and is much smaller than the Earth, about the same size as the Moon. We can prove the Sun is close because of things like sunspots on clouds. These wouldn't appear if the Sun was as big as we are told, and 93 million miles away.

>there are no planes flying over the Southern Hemisphere, because on a flat Earth map, the Southern Hemisphere represents the outer edges of the Earth
I don't know what you took when your wrote this bait, but I want some of it

>You cannot see the curvature of Earth outside an airplane.
youtube.com/watch?v=hV39QwDY_JQ

You, the one who knows so much.
How does gravity work in the flat earth model?

You can see the stars and Moon because perspective works differently when you are looking at the sky, than it does when you are looking horizontally across land.

Once again, go and watch the videos of ships being brought back into view once they have gone over the supposed "curvature" of the Earth. It's all just perspective. Learn about it and you might have a better understanding of it.

Yes, try to see the sun at midnight.

I fucking dare you.

If the sun was only a few thousand miles away we would die. If it were smaller than earth, it wouldn't be a star or it would be a star so dense we'd die.

Do you not understand how the sun works ? It's a nuclear fusion reactor, it needs to be massive for the reactions to occur.

You're fucking retarded.

So, you actually believe that the sun gets further away from us as night approaches?

Oh, so your "model" used to explain your nonsense conveniently changes when it applies to stuff you can't explain. I get it.

your perspective argument still doesn't address the factor of the sails of the ship appearing before the base does

>You can bring the Sun back into view with a telescope or binoculars even after it has set.

I want you to stare at the sun with a telescope

Do it.

>how does gravity for spheres work

Time zones. Why are there time zones on planet flapjack?

>youtube.com/watch?v=hV39QwDY_JQ

A go-pro fish eye lens doesn't prove curvature, sorry. Those lenses make everything appear curved. Try a normal camera, like this one:

See? No curve: youtube.com/watch?v=WQITXbcz2hg

>your perspective argument still doesn't address the factor of the sails of the ship appearing before the base does

Yes, it does. That's how your eyesight works. The top will appear first, then the rest.

Here's a ship coming back into view after it has gone over the horizon: youtube.com/watch?v=cYfB0B16VQA

The video you posted is using a fish-eyed lens too you retard.

>FLAT EARTH ADDICT 05
Nice independent video.

>That's how your eyesight works.

Please tell me how you believe eyes work. I genuinely want to know how eyes work in your world.

The sails of the ship are closer to the viewer than the rest of the ship.

Why does the sun move faster at dawn and sunset than at 12 AM

For everyone who doesn't understand perspective, here is a video of a ship that has disappeared over the horizon, coming back into view when it is zoomed in with a camera:
Water is always level. It cannot curve. Basic physics. youtube.com/watch?v=F5Gl28xuvnI

/r/ answers.

lol

>Water cannot curve

But that's wrong you retard.

Perspective explained. This is really simple stuff: youtube.com/watch?v=63bK7AnWNWw

If you're ignorant about how your eyesight works, don't get angry and lash out. Take the time to learn about perspective

trolling is a art

>But that's wrong you retard.

No, I'm afraid it's quite correct. There are no examples in nature of curved, convex water. Water cannot curve, it is always level when unobstructed. Water is flat.

As for the person who asked about time zones, well the Sun is moving around the Earth in a circle. The whole Earth is not lit up, because the Sun is not bigger than the Earth, nor is it 93 million miles away.

>Water is always level. It cannot curve. Basic physics.

why are you even on Veeky Forums at all

> Flat earth thread
> going on for hours
> people are desperately trying to prove the flatcuck wrong
> people are actually taking him seriously
> same thing going on in reddit
> same thing going on even in scientific forums

So is this the new world now ? Is this what it came to ?

Also, there's really no need to get angry and start lashing out. I understand you've been conditioned since you first went into a classroom and saw the globe, to have this reaction... but it doesn't do your arguments any favors, and only proves my point.

>There are no examples in nature of curved, convex water
raindrops lol