Calculus-Spivac, Undergrad level calc book

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
booksite.elsevier.com/9780125586917/
mega.nz/#F!hJ4WAJZY!ptC5vSYRM1vcBCPOHxeSfQ
4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading/Non-fiction
cale.yi.org/share/Michael Spivak - Calculus.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not reading from the original limestock blocks of pythagorus from greece and deriving all of modern math

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Veeky Forums_Wiki

Wiki is trash

It's just the books that whatever that user was using at his community college. The books recommended are not good.

Most things published by Dover.

This is one of many that I studied from.

>books that whatever that user was using at his community college

>community college students reading Rudin
>community college students reading Hartshorne
>community college students reading Arnold
>community college students reading Reed & Simon

Top kek

People actually pay for those?
tfw I downloaded those for free

Yep, can recommend Dover. They have great math books covering dozens of advanced concepts. Reasonably priced too. Can often find very cheap on AbeBooks also.

Stewart Calc

Does anyone have the solutions manual for Atmosphere, Ocean and Climate Dynamics: An Introductory Text (International Geophysics) by Marshall and Plumb?

Currently using Hubbard and Hubbard for vector algebra and differential forms.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why do you think its bad?

Pls no

>01
Dover is honestly one of the best publishers of mathematical works out there.
Dover is life.

Because they are fucking poser idiots

Found the engineer.

physics:
griffiths quantum mechanics
griffiths electrodynamics
taylors classical mechanics
mcquarrie physical chemistry
harris quantitative chemical analysis

medicine:
netters anatomy
rohens anatomy
robbins pathology
harrisons principles of internal medicine
lehninger biochemistry

i have advanced degrees in both fields. these are god tier books. some of the medicine ones have been god tier for more than 60 years

Or does someone with Elsevier teacher credentials have access and can upload it for us? booksite.elsevier.com/9780125586917/

>tfw you downloaded everything that you want to know from that wiki

Harris my boy. Lehninger is shit tho.

My nigga

Hoffman & Kunze Linear Algebra
Tao Analysis I / II
Rotman's A First Course in Modern Algebra

I found Tao's Analysis I book to be a bit pedantic due to how he explains almost everything very clearly. Compared to Pugh, Rudin, or Spivak - it's a breath of fresh air, however if you're used to filling in gaps then it appears there might be better alternatives.

sounds like the opposite of pedantic to me. he does hold your hand too much if you already know analysis

Pedantic in the sense of being overly formal. I've worked through Spivak's Calculus & Calculus on Manifolds, although I have not done a course in Analysis.

It can feel somewhat pedantic, although not for the reasons he describes.

What can make Tao feel pedantic is
>he spends a huge amount of time in the beginning on foundations
>his proofs are excruciatingly detailed

On topic to the thread, I don't really like Tao's way of doing things. Spending a ton of time doing trivialities in full rigour produces two kinds of student; the one who gets alienated because you're teaching him that math is about braindead checking of obvious things, and the other who takes the formalization to heart and becomes a detail-obsessed autist.

Exactly what I was trying to get at, thanks!

Sounds like you had trouble understanding the material.

the only answer when it comes to analysis ("calculus")

>reading the work of anyone else AT ALL
yeah good luck getting into grad school chump, i derived all of math myself

>engineering philosophy

nice roller backpack autist

where is this from? I can't seem to find it on the wiki. Has it been since deleted?

For Immunology, Parham & Peter - 'The Immune System' is god-tier.

For introductory Biology, Reece & Campbell 'Biology' (10e) is good.

>Soviet Union Books
>Philosophy
>Papers
>Hobby
>Extra books
>Exercise Books
>Interesting Books

Appear to be just other stuff he has downloaded. Everything else is on the wikia.

ah, so he just downloaded all of the recommended books himself? i figured it was a huge pre-arranged torrent, i've seen a couple of those before. guess i have some downloading to do now

The best introduction to group theory and abstract algebra in general

shankar

that would be pretty sick
(you) should make this torrent, I'd suck ur dick senpai

My internet is shit enough that would take days for anyone to download it.

Is that one good? Was thinking on getting it

inb4
>muh determinants

timeless classic

A book on Abstract Algebra - Pinter

For the beginner in math that is transitioning to higher level math. Truly assumes you don't have a background and builds you up. Great book for an advanced high school student or someone just beginning. Reads like a novel.

Could I study rudin without knowing all of vector calc? I know div curl and grad but not the main 3 theorems (green stokes divergence)

I don't think baby rudin even touches vector calc.
I haven't seen it up to Riemann integration

Are you that medical physics user?

Piskunov

You could pick up Stokes and Greens thrm in a day user. Shit is obvious once it is spelled out simply. Just think fluids flowing through a vessel

f you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.

>textbooks
>god-tier

No thanks. I prefer to read actual books instead of glorified wikipedia articles.

>>>/reddit/

Both of you are fucking losers

Chemistry faggot here.

Silverstein's spectroscopy books are god-tier.

Sykes is a decent primer to mechanisms.

Clayden's Organic Chemistry >>>> all.

Even with an MSc that touched upon both of them (we tried to polymerise an inorganic compound and ended up with a gritty gel) in it, I'm still not sure how the fuck people learn inorganic and physical chemistry. I'm quite positive I learned mine by slow diffusion over time.

this legit?

just up to mega
subscribing to the dick sucking crew waiting for this

I'd send you like $20 on paypal to put it on a flashdrive and mail that bitch to me, then I'll seed it for you

I'll upload on mega. Only the folders related to that wiki. Also, the extra folders I created (interesting books and what more) are well above 10gb for mostly, so I'll not upload with them. If there are folders with no files inside(in case of the Universal Material) that's because the ebook version of said book was not found. It'll take some time, though. I'll be uploading folder per folder(zipped, of course), so that it doesn't take forever. Is it okay?

>63 posts
>ctrl + f: "Landau" - Phrase not found

Undergrads, undergrads everywhere.

does Shankar have good textbooks

Haven't been bested yet. But for some reason it's no longer printed.

itt: anons with hundreds of unread pdfs

thanks senpai

Anything by Morris Kline.

>Kittel's Solid Shit Physics

no

This set, boys.

I'll be waiting!

You should make a mega of that, i would be very gratefull

Ty senpai

hitler is pleased

>grad school
Good job not being a hermit savant, brother. Talentless PhD slaves will be deciphering my brilliant contributions to mathematics scribbled on diapers for centuries to come.

mega.nz/#F!hJ4WAJZY!ptC5vSYRM1vcBCPOHxeSfQ

If there's any book on wikia that is not on those folders, it's because either I couldn't find an ebook or the book was added after I had downloaded those. Also, the exercise folders are included because I forgot to not add them. Delete them if you wish.

Linear Algebra
Elementary Linear Algebra - Anton & Rorres

ty senpai

thanks babe

may many refugees drown in your name senpai

hey user, could you upload the computer science folder too?

pic unrelated

we're on a science and math board user

Oh I forgot about it, uploading it gotta wait a while though.

Best introductory LA book coming through
Anton comes second

is the classical mechanics one any good? I was considering picking it up

sorry for asking so much of you user, but could you do philosophy as well?

pic unrelated

Veeky Forums likes it.
Personally I don't.

The philosophy one is based on some images posted on Veeky Forums(4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading/Non-fiction the images under the philosophy part). However, I stopped at Analytic Part One(part two, postmordenism and feminism/queer theory is what is missing) because the rest was pretty much bullshit for me. However, it's sadly lacking many books since most of them doesn't have a digital format. So it's up to you if you want it.

why dont you like it?

Thanks for listing the source. I don't think I'm really interested in it then :/ I might take a class or two in philosophy at college instead

I was searching for a good guide into philosophy, and that was the best one so far. Which is sad, since it has many books that I couldn't find an ebook, but it's enough for me since I don't think I'll ever take a class in Philosophy anyway.

Mostly
> muh rigor
It's just wordy without telling me anything.

I like Spivak's and Arnold's books better

Link to PDF of Spivak's Calculus

cale.yi.org/share/Michael Spivak - Calculus.pdf

Nigga It's Landau. You have to be at a certain level before being able to utilize his texts fully but they are masterpieces. Typically, if you cannot fully take in his texts, you may want to start at a lower level or use another graduate text along side it to fill in spaces. Not all texts use the same derivations however