Does anyone here have experience with rice cookers?

Does anyone here have experience with rice cookers?

amazon.com/dp/B01CYB6SPI?psc=1

amazon.com/Zojirushi-NP-HBC10-Uncooked-Induction-Stainless/dp/B000MAKVLQ/ref=sr_1_12?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1474413340&sr=1-12&keywords=japanese rice cooker&refinements=p_72:1248915011,p_36:1253525011

Why is one so much more expensive than the other? I eat a lot of rice, but I just boil it in a regular pot on the stove. Is there a noticeable difference in the quality of rice if I use one of these things?

Other urls found in this thread:

smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AAAHCZK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B00CCVNX0O
amazon.com/gp/product/B000G30ESY
amazon.com/dp/B009QYC60S
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

between those two, just branding. also, the greatest pro about a rice cooker is consistency. you don't have to check it or watch it on the stove, because it will tell you when it is done, and it will be the same every time.

First one is functionally identical to a crock pot, second one is a higher-end model with induction cooking.

Also Hamilton Beach is a shitty brand and their shit always falls apart, while Zojirushi is /the/ name in rice cookers.

i have a zojirushi and love it. i have the smallest one that only makes max 3 cups and its amazing. the rice come out perfect everytime.

If you cook rice super often spring for a nice gunadam jap model.

If its a once a month kind of thing go for the american model.

I am a kissless handholdess virgin so I have the mini cooker
smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AAAHCZK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

op get a lower end jap one

not as many functions as the super expensive ones but still has several and is more efficient than the shitty western ones

cuckoo and zojirushi both great

amazon.com/gp/product/B00CCVNX0O

>cuckoo
hehe

Just get a rival cooker from walmart, mine never let's me down

aren't they essentially useless?
just boiling the rice in any pan does the same thing, right?

cuckoo's korean

>let's me down
>let us me down
Your grammar just let us me down, faggot

I want to recognize Zojirushi which I've used for a long time.
But if you don't need to get rice that is like Japanese food, you'd better choose the other.
I think Hamilton seems to be able to cook more foods than Zojirushi.

I bought this a little over three years ago.

amazon.com/gp/product/B000G30ESY

I got it through Amazon's warehouse which sells their returned items. The box had been opened, but all of the items were still shrink wrapped. It had that "new" smell. It was $75, if I recall. Saved quite a bit.

I'd probably buy this one next time:

amazon.com/dp/B009QYC60S

I like the memetic induction heating system and detachable power cord.

I recently got this one as a gift, comes with a cookbook and everything. everything has been great since, I an be lazy and the meals cook themselves

detachable power cord

It's a great machine, spent a bout $100 more than you did.
Not sure what the difference is.
Yes, the brown rice has been holding for 52 hours. Minimal degradation. Less noticeable with white rice; not sure why.
It's a solid purchase. Hard for me to pull the trigger on it; sat in my amazon cart for a year before I succumbed.

Living in weeboo land: looking at rice cookers right now. Can I use almost any rice cooker to bake things like bread or slow cooker for meats? Or does it have to have the function for those things? All I want is some God damn banana nut bread.

>dat upsidedown 425
dem long eyes can't do anything right

i have the one pictured, been using it for a few years now.

others in here are correct in that the rice cooker can do things properly and consistently.

i have never had bad rice from using this, even if i let it sit 2+ hours after it finishes.

only complaint is cleanup of the various parts but even that isn't bad at all.

would recommend if you enjoy rice.

My experience has been:

1) The ones with the lift-off lid don't do a very good job. You want one that has a hinged locking lid with the gasket all around it.

2) Pic related is the standard type. If you're on a budget I'd buy something like this. Reasonably priced, works well.

3) There are various fancy models which have extra features. The best ones feature induction heating and pressure cooking. They do a better job than the others, but they also cost more. That extra cost may or may not be worth it to you.

I love them.
long day at work and you got no energy to cook something? No problem!
Just load this fucker with rice and veggies, press on, forget and after 30 min you got yourself half of a meal.
Have one similar to this, it was dirt cheap.

Get a Japanese brand or you will regret it. They are seriously worth every penny

Yeah, either this brand or Zojirushi and you'll be set.

If you have a pressure cooker, you can do it. It's a stupid way to do it and you're probably gonna have better results using a microwave, btw.

I bought one of these for $12 open-box from Amazon, and it's totally decent.

Fuck that expensive shit.