Vegetarians demand in n out make a veggie burger

>Ima vegetarian, you HAVE to make something for me!

When will they stop Veeky Forums? I'm sure other places have a vegetarian option for you. Stop trying to impose your BS at every restaurant.

ktla.com/2016/09/20/thousands-sign-petition-calling-for-in-n-out-to-introduce-a-veggie-burger/

If they actually buy it, then it sounds good to me. Satisfying a demand is good business.

Are there not already plenty of shitty vegan restaurants for those faggots to go to in L.A.?

Perhaps people should unite and form a petition demanding vegan fag places serve a meat product....

In n out is doing just fine without it. The lines are already out the door and the drive thru filled with a simple 3 item menu. (Single patty, single patty with cheese, and a double patty with cheese.) they're satisfying demand as is.

The lines are already out the door and the drive thru packed from open to close. They're supplying demand as is they don't need to change a thing.

Don't like it? Eat somewhere else. Fuck you.

They can leave.
And nothing of value will be lost.

Why should I go I'm not the one requesting an item not on the menu. Maybe I should go to a vegetarian place and petition they sell juicy steaks like said

>In n out is doing just fine
>they're satisfying demand

That's nice, but if there's even MORE profit to be made, why not make it?

>eat meat all my life
>love me some in-n-out
>start dating sarah mclachlan-ass bitch
>go vegetarian
>can't eat in-n-out anymore
>i know, maybe if i demand they make something i can eat, i'll be able to have in-n-out again!
>never realize that it wasn't the brand i was looking for, but the meat
>commit suicide age 30

They already have 10 cars at the drive thru and a line out the door at any given time until closing. They don't need more people. Kind of why I don't even go anymore lol the wait is ridiculous.

Sounds like they need veggie burgers and more locations!

It's fucking retarded to get upset about other people's dietary choices. In-N-Out would be stupid not to add a veg option if enough people signed, because money.

I agree with you but this sense of entitlement really bugs me.

The hard call here is that signing a petition translates little to actually buying the product.
Its a poor way to measure market demand and suistanability of that demand

It's not about whether or not it would be a smart financial decision, it's that these leaf-eating sacks of shit have the gall to demand a fucking BURGER SHACK to cater to their dirty conniving leaf-eating ways.

I think it's justifiable for vegetarians to ask for something for them. It's how capitalism works. People want something and if a company thinks it'll be profitable, they give it to them. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Sperglords like to think that it's somehow disrespectful or, especially if the company gives in, is further spreading some sort of degeneracy like when restaurants start serving food for muslims in heavily muslim-populated areas. They aren't asking to get rid the meat, they're not taking anything away from you. People keep making the argument 'if you don't like the food then don't go there' but why don't you choose not to eat the veggie burger if they choose to make one?

>put lettuce and tomato on a bun with sauce
>charge idiots $8 for it

Sounds fine to me

nice in theory, but you forget that they would have to source a new supply for veggie burgz.

that costs time and money

This is it, right here. In-n-Out is run by Commiefornians. If there's no veggie option, it's not because a veggie option never occurred to them.

Veggie burgers would fit in at a burger shack.

>Veggie burgers would fit in at a burger shack.
No it wouldn't, because veggie burgers are burgers in name only. In reality, they're sandwiches, and sandwiches are not burgers, capisce?

It's not because of either of these. It's because vegetarian logic is functionally retarded.

>start dating sarah mclachlan-ass bich.

There's your problem right there. Every feminist vegan I've fucked has been a borderline head case.

Stop putting your dick in crazy.

You can get it off the secret menu

t. californian

Oh, I haven't forgotten. I just like arguing with people who think they're being censored when vegetarians have meal options besides salad. Not only would In-N-Out need veggie ingredients, they'd need more storage and separate cook surfaces in every restaurant!

>capisce

But what do you think about cream in carbonara?

They're making their desire known. A petition sounds like a fantastic way to let a company know if it's worth putting in the effort of supplying their stores with vegetarian patties.

I don't think they're implying that they're owed more vegetarian options at all, just letting some measure of collective interest be known.

>Need
Nobody needs to open a business. Need doesn't really matter.

The petition's wording is VERY entitled.

>In-N-Out has been letting its fans down by failing to serve anything that would satisfy a burger-loving customer who wants a healthy, humane and sustainable option
>In-N-Out would be making a huge statement that it truly cares about its customers

They're a failure that doesn't care about their customers for not having a veggie burger? Harsh, man.

Don't they already have french fries?

They have a grilled cheese, basically a burger with everything just no meat. Kek and also a protein burger, which is a burger without buns. I'd say that's enough.

Make it as shitty as possible, charge 5 times the price and have two or three in the fridge for months

What if you want a vegetarian protein burger? Do they just fill your hands with cheese?

no matter what both have spit in them so just eat your shit food in silence.

>Not only would In-N-Out need veggie ingredients, they'd need more storage and separate cook surfaces in every restaurant!

THANK YOU.

how do you know it would give more profit?

>why doesn't every restaurant just make everything, then they satisfy all needs!

mustard fried falafel burger sounds dank

>ordering the vegetarian burger animal-style

D E V I L I S H

I'm a vegetarian and, yeah, this is a shitty thing to do. You should ALWAYS know what a place has to offer before going and trying to order off-menu is unacceptable

I work in a decently sized restaurant out in the mountains, where meat/bbq is king.

We keep a box of generic veggie patties around just in case some faggot comes by. We make no attempt to cook this patty in the same manner as our other food, which is to say our food has a distinct taste and feel that we do not try to incorporate into a veggie patty.

This is an issue with a place like In-n-Out as well. So much research and development went into their current menu. You're asking them to either put in the same effort for a veggie patty and hope it still tastes like In n Out, or you're asking them to do like we did and just keep around some generic veggie patties to pacify a few homosexuals.

Stupid fucks, just order a grilled cheese and deal with it.

they can go to a vegetarian place

>So much research and development went into their current menu.

?????

its in n out, they made the menu up 60 years ago and changed nothing since

vegetarians were never their fans

Gonna go ahead and be that person, because let's face it, I usually am in most threads but..

I'm not a vegetarian. I'm eating chicken thighs right now. I love eating meat.
HOWEVER. I love a good veg burger - or a veggie version of anything. I like my veggies as much as I like my meat.
It'd be so cool if In and Out had a veg option, I'd love to try it. I try most veg burgers at places.

I worked at a place called Tilt here in portland and we didn't do this for our veg patties.

(also I no longer work there and don't care about throwing them under the bus)

Key word here is TRY

I'm sure most ppl would, along with vegetarians. However most probably wouldn't be regular customers and would go back to their normal faggy places

So you really just don't want other people taking up lines at your hipster Wendy's.

>Stop trying to impose your BS at every restaurant.
Why not think of it like this: vegetarians aren't imposing anything on anyone, they're saying they'd like to patronize this restaurant - they want to give them their money if they'd just sell something they could buy. Sounds more like a business opportunity than imposing BS.

It's not being done for the same reason McDonald's doesn't serve candles and gas fluid. Businesses aren't magical versatile things that can cater to any demand.

That's true. But I also suspect there is a tendency recently that, instead of using our freedom to choose which company we want to use, we want major private companies to cater to our needs. And I think it's a dangerous tendency when we start thinking private companies should act in some way as a guardian that needs to please us.

Beavertonfag here.
How bout that Voodoo?

You sneaky bastard. Although i used to use the same thermometer to check the temperature of meat pies and vegetarian pies when i worked at a cricket stadium.

There is almost certainly no way to add this to their menu at a profit. They are trying to blackmail this restaurant into providing them vegetarian options at a loss.

They and you are being stupid assholes or stupidly naive. The second can be fixed, just think for a little longer before you type.

who cares, in-n-out isn't even that great, just good value.

>blackmail

lolno. Stop treating these petitioners as if the're dangerous. You're giving them too much credit.

ITT: Dipshits who think their own biases trump business sense.
Why would a BUSINESS shun an entire demographic? Especially one of the biggest demographics in their market(since it's SoCal)?

If it's such a good idea why do customers have to run a petition to get it done?

>I think it's a dangerous tendency when we start thinking private companies should act in some way as a guardian that needs to please us.
But that's how capitalism works. Businesses cater to a customer base. They can decide how wide that base is going to be. But when you're such a popular business that people outside your current base want to patronize your business I'd call that a quality problem. Those running the business can decide whether it's worth their while to accommodate a wider demographic. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But there's no "danger" here. It's simply a consequence of success.

Because businesses need to know that they won't be creating a product no one wants.
I own a shop and add products to my inventory all the time because people ask for them.

>blackmail
That's rich. Vegetarians are such a small part of the population that they can be ignored without economic consequence. McDonald's makes a point of ignoring them. In-N-Out can make their own call. But at the end of the day it's their call. There is nothing resembling blackmail here because vegetarians are not in anything resembling a position of power.

if in n out could do a veggie burger that would match the quality of their burgers they would. That alone is the major road block not even factoring in their strict supply chains and all the other issues. They have a small menu but they do all that shit to perfection

I'm saying there's a change of attitude. Instead of choosing the companies we want to go to, creating equal relationship between customer and company, we want the big companies to act as more or less democratic institute, who holds moral responsibility toward their customer. It's a difference between, "Hey In-N-Out doesn't have what I want, let's go somewhere else" and "Hey, In-N-Out, make something for me". It's cynical because companies aren't democratic entities, they hold no responsibility towards us except for legal ones, but yet we're basically saying, "I can't go anywhere else so please try to please us".

>we want the big companies to act as more or less democratic institute

In fact, democratic republics are a good analogy for how companies work. Market experts act as representatives for the public's interest. And companies MUST be responsible to SOME interest, or they go out of business.

>Ima vegetarian, you HAVE to make something for me!
>then Ima not going to buy it anyway, as Ima picky as fuck eater...

sounds like you're just triggered by their choice of words

There is no change in attitude. The change is in how people eat. Time was when a burger was pretty egalitarian - a lowest common denominator safe bet. That was back when beef was king and your clientele was entirely white and Christian. (The Catholics could always find a fish fry on Fridays). Demographics have shifted since then, and the burger is less of a one size fits all meal. Plenty of people out there don't eat beef for whatever reason, and some of those who do are particular about its provenance.

In-N-Out as a private business can decide whether or not it's worth it to accommodate these demographic changes. At this point it probably doesn't matter what they decide to do, regardless of what noise a very small minority makes. There's almost always a noisy minority ranting about some shit, and ignoring them is almost always fine for business. But accommodating them might not hurt either. NYC hot dog legend Papaya King now has a veggie dog on their menu. I've seen no comment on it, though I'm sure it's made a handful of vegetarians feel good about the brand.

>Make me something I like or I'll continue to not eat at your restaurant!

Bartenders sometimes have to tell even their most loyal patrons to fuck off. If you are of as little consequence as someone who was never once bought something, you mean even less. I hope In-N-Out doesn't change a damn thing.

Actually, no, I hope they speed things up in the kitchen. The drive-thru is always a mile long.

Veggie burgers can be good but it's a little weird to petition for In N Out to make one.

I'm sure there are thousands of stranger petitions out there.

>if you don't do what we tell you to do, we're gonna boycott your restaurants!!!
But you already don't eat here. Your boycott would be meaningless.
>that's not the point!!!

Sounds like you don't really get how communication works.

>what is supply and demand
>what is knowing your customers
capitalism cuts both ways
if they can gain enough business (or stop a loss of business) by making veggie burgers they'll do it, regardless of anyone's feelings on the matter

>Why not think of it like this: vegetarians aren't imposing anything on anyone

Because that's EXACTLY what those limp-wristed faggots are doing.

They're not "asking" the burger joint for veggie options, they're "demanding" the burger joint for veggie options, and when they don't get it, they'll condemn the burger joint for being bigoted against vegan faggots...which they should be.

There should be a bunch of normal people that harass a vegan place because they don't serve a meat dish for their non-vegan clients.

FUCK vegans.

>people shouldn't voice their opinions
>a petition is harassment

you're arguing exactly like a libtard

If I had the burger joint, they'd get soup-nazi treatment.

Or could it be because there's not nearly as much demand as the petition pretends there is, and a veggie burger in the end could be non profitable.

This is it exactly. Accommodating vegetarians might increase your profit by a very small amount, or it might not be worth it because they're such a small part of the population. But it could be a source of goodwill for them. Observant Jews aren't a relevant market demographic for Coca Cola in the US, but they went to the trouble to certify it as Kosher regardless. McDonald's moves a lot of Fillet-O-Fish sandwiches during Fridays in Lent. You never know.
>limp-wristed faggots
>demanding
That sounds pretty forceful for such weak characters.

Vegetarians can come up with their own cuisine.

They aren't even trying to make an economic argument, so obviously they already realise that's a lost cause. That's why they went with emotionally loaded moralising bullshit.

Their odds of success isn't what makes it blackmail, the way they worded it makes it blackmail.

>emotionally loaded moralising
Why should that even raise an eyebrow when you're talking about vegetarians? DYEL?
>the way they worded it makes it blackmail.
I don't see how the protest of a group of people who are not even customers of yours could hurt your business. The kind of people who buy fast food burgers don't give a fuck to begin with, so this is a tempest in a teapot. Why does it rustle your jimmies?

Jews are accommodated because they are huge fucking assholes with will to power and cohesion.

They probably scammed coke into doing it by some jewish executive forcing it through, and once they did it a couple times stopping with it would be anti-semitism.

Vegans don't quite have the same power.

Saying mean things isn't blackmail

Conspiracy theories aside, In-N-Out will either choose to accommodate vegans or they won't, and it doesn't really matter which choice they make.

Shit but what if vegitarians boycott them????

> the genepool won't be improved by one less cuck

>shitty

Why would it have to be shitty? In-N-Out makes good food. If they developed a veggie burger recipe, they would probably come up with a delicious one.

Vegan fucks are no different from kikes and kebabs.

In and out can gagf if they yield to these militant fucks. Part of their allure is their 50's style approach to business which means vegans and other cockroaches aren't catered for. Fuck off elsewhere.

>demand
You sound mad that it isn't the 50's anymore. Remember food in America sucked back then.

>Stop trying to impose your BS at every restaurant.

Fucking THIS.
I couldn't give a crap whether someone is vegetarian or not, but that doesn't mean you get to DEMAND that any restaurant do anything to suit you.
My father in law has been a vegetarian for over 30 years, and he never imposes his shit on anyone. When he comes to our holiday dinners, he just eats the vegetable sides and skips the turkey/roast/ham/whatever or other dishes that have meat in them. He's never gone hungry. When goes to a burger place, he just orders a burger without the "burger" part, just the vegetables on a bun with condiments. He has never made a big deal out of it or tried to convince anyone else to be vegetarian. The only food related thing I've ever heard him go on about is smoothies/juicing, but that's because he just now discovered it after he had jaw surgery.
Vegans and vegetarian zealots can go fuck themselves.

As a vegetarian the last thing I would ever want to eat is a veggie burger from In n Out. Even if the patty itself was meatless you just know it's being cooked on the same griddle that the regular ones are and will absorb the grease and juices. Or at least will in some other way come into contact with meat since the whole restaurant it stocked full of it.

>You sound mad that it isn't the 50's anymore. Remember food in America sucked back then.

You mean when most people actually ate home cooked meals instead of processed garbage and fast food.......right.

What if people who never went to In-n-Out stop going to In-n-Out?

I shudder to think of the consequences...

>Vegans and vegetarian zealots can go fuck themselves.

If they want a burger so bad they can eat a fucking hamburger or shut the fuck up and make something at home.

The 50's was a dark time for American food. The start of fast and frozen food becoming normalized.

Coke noticed, after one (yes, just one) rabbi contacted them many, many, MANY times that Coca-Cola was made with grain sugars (like barley) and therefore unsuitable for Passover. He asked if they could make it with cane sugar instead and offered to declare the drink kosher for Passover if they did. So, in 1935, they said "sure, fine, whatever" and that's that.
So, every year, look for 2litre bottles of Coca-Cola around Passover time with a golden cap. Those are made with cane sugar rather than corn syrup (which is also generally considered forbidden during Passover due to the possibility of cross contamination of corn with other grains during its harvesting).
There's no Kikespiracy forcing some company to do their bidding. None. It was one guy who wanted to get his 'beetus on while he had his shitty Passover meal.
>srsly, ashkenazim have the fucking WORST cuisine

>home cooked meals instead of processed garbage

What's this 'instead of' bullshit?

don't talk shit about kasha varnishkes, shmegegge

Maybe the vegetarians should boycott the restaurant.

Hey vegieboy I will let you smell my burger while you eat your sad carrots

All food is processed