Are the days of edgy experiments on animals over?

Are the days of edgy experiments on animals over?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/4762481.stm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3814804
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Harlow
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Manuel_Rodriguez_Delgado
uptownresearch.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_human_experimentation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

everyone's a psychologist nowadays

>implying America isn't just one big social experiment.

That picture makes me sad

Let me guess, math/ physics?

Hard science is for weak stomachs.

If you are backed up by a big governments or a multi billion company then who is going to tell you what to do?

>Hard science is for weak stomachs.

This is probably true. In HS bio labs I could never do anything that involved dissecting shit and just looking at blood causes me to want to throw up (but never actually end up throwing up).

Majoring in math. A major for real men, you faggot.

... Art.

I have many interests. ;_;

No, there are more cruel animal experiments than ever.

>Are the days of edgy experiments on animals over?
Another /pol/ activist thread.

what? elaborate pls

Like what? I don't mean drug/ disease/ product testing. I mean pure exploratory research, like mad-scientist tier fucking around to see what happens.

Are the days of edgy abortions for women over yet ?

>cruel

kek

Ofcourse they are done, even as we speak. Its just that the media doesnt know or wont tell because of lobying.

Ofcourse they are not over. Its just that the media doesnt reprt them because the goverment doesnt let them.

They're far from over, people just go to great lengths to not reveal to the public the extent of their experiments.

And that's for good reason:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/4762481.stm

Found the Jesus freak

This is true. I worked in animal research for a long time and even though it was non invasive we did not advertise that the animals were kept in that building. God forbid some asshole tried to set them free.

I get what you're trying to say, but please imagine how ignorant this makes you look.

Tell me more about how cutting around in a thing's body is a larger burden to bear compared to fucking with nuclear energy. Unless you're some kind of pathologist or virologist, possibly a geneticist, there's not too many medical researchers toying around with things that make people start likening themselves to gods of death.

Well, the physics equivalent wouldn't be nuclear energy; that's relatively safe and in the long run helping people and the environment. The physics/ chemistry equivalent would be designing bombs or chemical weapons, though you're still disconnected from the effects more than some edgelord biologist torturing a monkey.

*tips fedora*

ABORTION IS MURDER. It says so in the Bible.

>Are the days of edgy experiments on animals over?
no, they have just begun

Yes, now it's human experimentation in undisclosed locations in the globe that aren't considered sovereign states by UN law.

This. Though UN is irrelevant.

Poor rato

Why do psychologist think their opinion matters?

>implying he didn't want to be the first cyborg rat

Nah man the bio students at my uni are all about making fluorescent mice, inoculating viruses and shit

Find it funny that theres just this general consensus that its ok to experiment on rats because no one gives a shit about them

I find it funny that you think that your statement is profound in any way. Rats are good models for study.

When people realize that animals are people too.

Sacrifices have to be made. I hate it too, but that's just how life is. That money would have amounted to nothing anyway. Probably died in his own shit locked in some zoo, or mauled by a stronger ape.

I found it funny too and it doesn't seem profound to me either.

Found the vegan.

>in all seriousness though, nobody gives a shit about rats as a species.

They are good models for study, and not people at all.

I'm fine with eating industrial meat, but I want slaughter practices to change so the animals are killed at their farm, instead of being trucked for hours in a stressed environment. That would cause a major increase in overall animal welfare.

I'm okay with eating something as big and smart as a cow, a whale or a pig. It stands to reason it would be infantile to have more sympathy for a rat, just because it's the only animal I can fit in my apartment.

Nah, not over. But different. Many of the things we'd experiment to find out beforehand are unnecessary. We can find more useful space data with immortal calibrated sensors than sheep and dogs. We can find more useful transplant- and in vitro implant data by using anaesthezia than literally chopping off a dog's head.

>but it's a hard to swallow fact that the ruthlessness of KZ scientists indeed lead to some startling discoveries about humans.

We know almost everything we do about hypothermia and hypothermic first aid because of it, for instance...

Ever heard of parabiosis? This should answer your question...
(Example: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3814804 )

What is the edgiest experiment/s ever?

Kek

I believe this too...what other explanation exists to explain that nation.

What the fuck is that pic? What am I looking at?

I forgot the name of the experiment, but what I remember is as follow, they wanted to see if a child's love toward his mother is simply due to the food she is giving.

In that picture, they scared the monkey to see where it would go.

I remember some school gals bitching that they should do that to the researcher, bunch of slack jewed faggots.

That guy who cut nerves in monkey spinal cords to dissociate them from various parts of their bodies while keeping them functional. He even took out monkey fetuses, cut nerves in their spinal cords, and put them back in the womb to be born and live life with no sense of their physical body.

Harry Harlow
His early work you're talking about with maternal bonding was legit. Later in his career he started doing stuff that was questionable at best in terms of both ethics and scientific merit, like raising monkeys this total isolation or 1 year then strapping them down and letting other monkeys rape them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Harlow

head transplants

>tips fedora
>It says so in the Bible
Make up your mind.

parabiosis

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

The craziest thing about this is that the research was actually so valuable that the scientists were given immunity in exchange for their findings.

He did

They offered immunity before they knew the results though.

They just didn't want the soviets to get it.

this guy fucked with real people using crude electrostimulation AND he fucked with animals.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Manuel_Rodriguez_Delgado

>implying doing both is uncommon
Bro once you become a sick fuck you're a sick fuck for life.

why are you people so oversensitive about this shit? animals aren't even on the level of average human cognition. they are a resource to be exploited like every other. you people have awfully low standards for who is granted rights if you think any non-human animal is worthy of them.

They just skip to human testing now, mostly on welfare recipients and homeless people.
>uptownresearch.com
Most hospitals also act as training hospitals as well, and they're not required to [verbally] tell patients... at least in the Unites States.
:D

*currently existing that we know of

Hey everyone, check out this edgelord.

I don't agree.

>animals aren't even on the level of average human cognition
why? because you say so? people are meat machines acting on instinct and training just as much as animals. your abstraction levels just arent high enough to see it

That was an amazing read. Anymore like this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_human_experimentation

Link?

Science.

/thread

>Infection of venereal disease by injection was abandoned, and the researchers started forcing the prisoners into sexual acts with each other. Four or five unit members, dressed in white laboratory clothing completely cover the body with only eyes and mouth visible, handled the tests. A male and female, one infected with syphilis, would be brought together in a cell and forced into sex with each others. It was made clear that anyone resisting would be shot
That's kind of hot.