What Would You Do?

You are part of a small research team employed and funded by a major bio-pharm company. Your team discovers an incredible, relatively inexpensive method to induce biological immortality. No one else currently knows of this revelation. Being the leader and the most decisive of the team, your fellow researchers look to you on what to do next. Understanding that your next decision could alter the entire course for yourself and humanity, what would you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jdCB9yE9Hcc
youtube.com/watch?v=GBVCi0PmW24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kill'em all and sell it to pfizer for 100 octillion buckaroos

Publish publicly.
Fuck the man.

Leak the info on Veeky Forums

Hire contracts on my colleagues' lives to silence them. Keep the research for myself, become immortal, live out as long as possible. Set up a failsafe that sends the research online if I prematurely die, where I have to type in a password to my computer program every X weeks to prevent it from going online. Indulge the secrets only to the people I deem worthy of being immortal in my travels. If I have candidates for immortality, destroy the failsafe or entrust it to them, and build an empire along with their help, if I haven't as of yet.

do it for the lolz desu

But user, immortality is impossible

wave my penis at traffic

kill the hole team, set lab on fire, stop carreer, delete all work, never talk about it, hope duerrenmatt was wrong for the rest of your life

Find a cute girl and ask her if she thinks time travel is possible

treat myself, my wife and children with it. Dodge the system and get off the grid completely
Publish publicly and watch the chaos unfold.
Hilarity ensues

Publish all research and ensure it becomes mainstream, should be fun

patent it

Biological and Immortality are antonyms.
Not because all current biological organisms die, but because life is partially defined death.
It's demarcation.
If we didn't die, we'd move into the area of abstract constructs; ie; immortal machines/constructs built by nature to carry out whatever task we do.
Eventually, given enough time, sentience would be meaningless because we'd tire and meaning would have no meaning because we would lose nothing, therefore nothing would be precious/meaningful.

Nah, fuck that.
Death sucks bro.
I want to live forever.

Publish it. If history shows anything, it's that the same discoveries often independently happen several times within a small timescale by different people. In other words, there's no stopping the consequences either way. But there is profit to be made, and lessons to be learned.

>implying

>Eventually, given enough time, sentience would be meaningless because we'd tire and meaning would have no meaning
And then you allow yourself to die.

Eureka solved that one.

Tell everyone to go home for the day while I contemplate the moral and ethical consequences of releasing this information publicly.

Then I would shitpost about it on Veeky Forums

>contemplate the moral and ethical consequences
Did someone say trolley problem thread? Trolley problem thread.

theres a big one on Veeky Forums atm

youtube.com/watch?v=jdCB9yE9Hcc
Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=GBVCi0PmW24

spook check spook check spook check congrats u managed to say nothing

Wasn't there some type of jellyfish that could extend its lifespan by reverting to it's polyp-fase ('childhood' if you will) that alowed it to live for an undetermined time?

Psycho...