What is a man?

What is a man?

The antonym of a woman

is that really it? i would think the brain had more connections to the body.

A miserable little pile of secrets.

a featherless shitposter

there is even smaller nerve endings on the ends, but pretty much that's it.
about there being more connections from brain to body, i dunno what you mean.
first because where would you go, besides the spine (from which it goes everywhere)?
and second becuase there are even some more endings that would probably end up around the neck area and below the eyes in OPs pick. quite alot as is.

a man is considered a male human above the age of 18.
[sarc] also a man is tough and always courages. if a male is not alpha he is basically a woman. and everybody knows that women are stupid[/sarc]

he was just meant to occupy a place in spacetime. that's all.

Who optimized the body so that it would run a single main thread that communicates with the brain that sparks various several smaller threads that each gather data from a different part?

Checkmate atheists.

Joking aside, that's pretty nice. Basically X quadrillion years ago organisms evolved multithreading and Y billion years ago organisms evolved good threaded software structure. 10/10.

You win the thread.

It is polymer that was injected into the dead body of a Chinese political prisoner.

ENOUGH TALK!

The capital of j rdan.

I don't know i guess pain receptors and other nerve endings. You can feel a touch on any point in your body so i would think there'd be more to the nervous system. I mean i can count all the parts in that picture, I just wouldn't think the body would be controlled by just 100 points or so.

A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!

, but a bridge between animal and overman?

see
>there is even smaller nerve endings on the ends, but pretty much that's it.
Those give the extra precision.

But have you ever seen those stupid "sensory homunculi" neuroscientists are always showing people?
The majority of your body is collecting minimal sensory input. And almost none of your innards are collecting any.

Man is an animal which facilitates the transfer of information (DNA) through time.

Men are a subset of females that is Hulked on testosterone.

An upgrade in terms of physical prowess but at the expense of immune system. Overall males are inferior, expendable and the only reason why we are keeping males around is to keep up with viruses in the evolutionary arms race.

There are a large number of tiny nerves that would be too well integrated into muscle/organs etc to properly dissect, becoming microscopic.

Those are all the major nerves.

I am not okay with this being inside me.

Well, far be it from me to try to take it out, but I would appreciate some electric shock therapy to at the very least forget I ever saw it.

this ain't inside you. You are it and you are inside what you referring to as you.

Even better, you're the static on the tv screen of your brain. You've no more permanence than a radio station has permanence on a radio.

He is hairless, walks on two legs, and speaks.

that's a lot of wiring.

Also I remember the first time I saw this picture I freaked out, now I don't give a shit. I don't know what changed.

>there is even smaller nerve endings on the ends, but pretty much that's it.
I'm pretty sure there are A LOT of smaller never endings. I mean myriads of them. These large neurons probably branch a lot of times into really really small ones.

actually almost all "cables" are run in parallel until they reach the spine. there are wire bundles not wires.

>minimal sensory input
that's not true. the full bandwidth is amazingly huge. however due to awesome "compression" algorithms the data transmitted on average are very little.

>And almost none of your innards are collecting any.
that's mostly true, most organs are chemically regulated because they're more "primitive" and not very time sensitive, but still there are plenty of nerves and the autonomic nervous system is very real and important.

>what is interoception

Also, if you've done LSD you'll see how much more input your brain can take in, but it's just not sustainable nor practical.

Flesh and blood.

Man is good

You are describing taking in more input at your sensory nerves.
You are describing filtering the input less at your brain.

what's wrong with cutaneous touch or motor homoculi?

what is sheman?

What is a shaman?

My boy Diogenes. I'm not going to lie, he's great to bring up on a date (usually, after some kind of "who from history would you have a meal with?" question) because few people know who he is and his stories are always interesting.

Plato was discoursing on his theory of ideas and, pointing to the cups on the table before him, said while there are many cups in the world, there is only one `idea’ of a cup, and this cupness precedes the existence of all particular cups. “I can see the cups on the table,” said Diogenes, “but I can’t see the `cupness'”. “That’s because you have the eyes to see the cup,” said Plato, “but”, tapping his head with his forefinger, “you don’t have the intellect with which to comprehend `cupness’.” Diogenes walked up to the table, examined a cup and, looking inside, asked, “Is it empty?” Plato nodded. “Where is the `emptiness’ which precedes this empty cup?” asked Diogenes. Plato allowed himself a few moments to collect his thoughts, but Diogenes reached over and, tapping Plato’s head with his finger, said “I think you will find here is the `emptiness’.

Is it true that the spinal cord slides inside the vertebral column? Like, it's not anchored at any point below the brainstem and just moves up and down as the spine flexes?

but plato's not real user. therefore neither is diogenes. you might as well talk to the bitch about jesus.

>plato's not real

wud

Eternal ration soul being with self control and other capacities - that's encapsulated inside an organic body with a super computer inside its skull - that's capable of channeling the soul alongside other "bonus" stuff and enabled free will.

I sure hope not because that sounds horrifying

it would make sense. the alternative is having it anchored at various points and therefore stretching when you bend over, which seems more injury-prone.

No experience with human physiology and anatomy though.

That's where I have an issue. It seems to make sense so that the nerves of the spinal cord don't stretch, but then I suppose nerves elsewhere need to stretch for that to be true. How elastic are nerve cells?

This.

Beat me to it.

Again, relying on intuition, the spinal cord is also full of fluid, and I assume more sensitive to damage from pressure and rupture. As I understand it, other nerves are more solid throughout. I would guess their elasticity is pretty similar to blood vessels.

Something that's superior in every way to a woman.

>almost none of your innards are collecting any.

>what is the autonomic nervous system
>what is the enteric nervous system
>what is the submucosal plexus
>what is the myenteric plexus
>what is the renal plexus

a slave to tits.

That's nervous input, but it's not sensory input.

A vehicle for consciousness

i'm sorry, men have a weaker immune system than women?

the sum of his memories

the genius animal

A chemically powered lump of goo controlling a bone and meat puppet on a silicate based chunk of dirt spinning around an oversized nuclear reactor.

>oversized nuclear reactor
It's larger than the bare minimum for a natural fission reactor;
but all said and done, it's on the small side.

HAVE AT YOU

Male genome is a strict superset of female genome. Males have strictly more working genes due to additional genes in Y chromosome that aren't present in females at all (female two X chromosomes are identical, except maybe several mutations).

Note that these genes may be mostly about regulating various body subsystems, but still your point is invalid.

A man is a member of the species homo Sapiens, with one X and one Y chromosome

Fucking Gold

If a man is just a meat sock-puppet controlled by a skeleton that is in turn controlled by a brain, then who or what is the entity that controls the brain?

The Will obviously.

(not to say it's free).

What is a woman? And I swear to god if you say antonym of a man, I'll chop your gentiles

Get your SJW pseudoscience out of here

But user, that is you. Those nerves and that brain are the entirety of you, they generate your personality and the senses which stimulate you. Everything else is there only to keep that alive long enough to make more, your organs are just a life support system for your brain and your skeletal is your suit of armor and your scaffold.

A man, is in your mom.

It begins as a reaction engine, seeking only to feed and relieve discomfort. As it grows and records information about its environment, other organisms, and its own previous actions; it begins to construct a self-image to better navigate complex social groups.

The "entity that controls the brain" is an illusionary knot of self-reference. It boils up from the machine as it learns and evaporates once it breaks down.

this is why I come here

We could be more technical, there is appearently nerve and neural tissue in the abdomen and some muscles

Not him, but that never came in mind

Holy shit

Underrated post.

top kek

The systematic oppressor of woman.

>plug a chicken

Actually, the meat controls the skeleton and the skeleton keeps the meat in place
Females are a subset of males who skipped testosterone day and ended up lanky and soft

men with their genitals chopped off

Is that how you justify your tranny fetish?

A gift.