Food Truck Ideas

What would be some good entree ideas for a food truck?

I am wanting to start a food truck and am trying to think of entrees/apps/desserts that would be easy to walk and eat with. All ideas are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/De-Q4DKy5Ww?t=8m2s
incrediballsfoodtruck.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anything..

There is one around bumming around my town that sells grilled cheese.

If you are looking for profit make everything from scratch ahead of time as much as you can.

falafel

put something ultra cheap to make on your menu
price everything just a little less than the other food trucks (unless they're legit mexican food trucks with cheap good food - then you drive where the hipsters are)

>buy low, sell high
k thanks

Cheesesteaks

Nobody doesn't like cheesesteaks.

>What would be some good entree ideas for a food truck?

These guys were at a local brewpub (Kuhnhenns, in Warren MI) and I tried their “Comfort Bowl” and it was really good but at $8, it was kinda expensive for what you got but then, you’re also paying for the convenience.

That said, I think offering various kinds of “bowls” would be a good idea for a food truck, as it’s convenient for the cook (just ladle the stuff in a bowl) and convenient for the customer (no messy fingers).

W00t! I'm a Michigander too!

Boom shakalaka!

lel. i forgot the image that would've taken the 'edge' off that post so i deleted and didn't think it was worth doing again. but fuck it...

>I want to start a food truck business selling kebabs in France.
>I think it would make a killing!

Michigander here who's ate their as well, its alright but not worth the money.

non-risky shit:
>salads
>sandwiches
>tacos
>wraps and kebabs
>loaded fries/nachos
>any kind of American bbq
>burgers and hot dogs

more exotic shit:
>Indian kebabs and curries
>Cajun food
>noodles: ramen, yakamein, Taiwan beef noodle, jajangmyeon, sesame noodles
>rice bowls: braised beef rice, Korean bbq, pork belly, grilled or braised fish, sashimi
>sausages
>desserts, especially ice cream and cupcake, huge markup if you use coconut milk
>wok shit: fried noodles, pad thai, char kway teow, kong pao chicken, spring rolls

Hibachi fried rice

Dude, cheap cold cuts would be the shit. Sandwiches in general would be amazing. If my town had a place like that I know I'd be there all the time.

This.
Good sandwiches made with fresh-baked bread would never fail to sell. Just blend up a ton of signature sauces, buy quality meats and cheese and hit the pavement.

most food trucks will eventually go out of business. it's not easy and it's not fun. you might be in the spotlight for a bit with a tv appearance or something but it won't last. don't do it.

Are food trucks still a meme? Houston was saturated with them when I lived there.

I looked at starting a food van on my uni campus last year.
The most succesful ones were doing kebabs or gyros, dumplings, or small burgers with pulled meat fillings. They would make 1 or 2k a day if they were on a good area of the campus. Personally, i was thinking the kebabs were the best. Just simply marinated meat, some lettuce and tomato, cheese and in a wrap, simple as fuck. Burritos would probably be easy too. Or coffee, coffee is in huge demand.
Or even a simple hotdog stand, or gourmet hotdogs, would do ok. They would be pretty easy too.
I gave up on it though as uni was too much, and the cost to start was too high

When I was in south Houston for about four years (near Ellington Field), the only food trucks we saw were called, "Gut trucks." The food was mostly awful but it was something to fill your gut.

Where you at now? Just recently moved to the woodlands myself.

I've always wanted to start a mobile espresso business but in a bicycle instead of a truck. It would probably have to be a tricycle tho.

You'd make more money selling weed but hawking coffee is a good cover.

Rock on.

Noted. ;_;

I lived in the loop and they weren't like that. They were usually expensive but had good food. Lots of hipster fare and fancy artwork on the sides.

Beaumont. Still in Houston a lot but around the dirty industrial parts. I see lots of taco trucks.

>It would probably have to be a tricycle tho.
Nah, you would be better off getting a regular motorcycle(electric scooter if you are worried about fuel costs or licenses), and customize a side car for work station.

get a bike trailer, not a trike

I would do poutine or carne asada fries

something greasy and fried and good

Dim sum, dem sum. Chinese steamed buns and goyza. You're welcome.

Are you the Cat in the Hat?

Nope, just your average marketing genius.

youtu.be/De-Q4DKy5Ww?t=8m2s

Some ideas are too good not to be plagiarized.

Nah I wouldn't use anything with a motor, and a trailer would probably be the way to go. I just want to combine my two great passions: cycling and espresso.
But it wouldn't viable in a city like Melbourne where you can't walk more than a few metres without stumbling into a place that sells espresso.
Maybe when I retire from being a neet I'll be a bicycle taxi and ferry tourists around. Target audience will be middle aged women who want to check out my tightly toned, lycra clad butt cheeks.

my town has one of those and even a medical+magic supply store

I couldn't help but notice that your png isn't optimized. So I didn't open it.

chickenfeet

Based Optimizer please!

NOTICE ME

this,
this this,
and this.

You can't afford the rent they charge at the locations is talking about.
It's like owning a sailboat, but instead of spending your free time at sea, you're stuck in a hot truck making meh food.
Money pit.

Ha

Korean burritos if no one in your area is doing it
Kalbi, Bulgogi, Sam gyeop sal
Then use banchan and rice for filler

Slav food.

Sell a couple different types of pirozhki, cups of borscht or goulash, that kind of shit. Maybe offer kvas as a drink option.

Hot dogs? Food trucks do tons of tacos, burgers, grill cheese, those shitty fusion ones. I have never seen a food truck that sells high quality hot dogs. Even more rate are chilidogs at least in CA.

>tfw planned entire foot truck
>Fry Wheels
>literally everything on the menu is fried
>advertise it as a "heart stopping experience"
>my personal favorite menu item were the twice fried cornbread stuffers, basically sweet & spicy chili inside of cornbread

Man I wish I had gone through with it, but I live in San Francisco, the place is too health conscious.

Oh man, another thing we had planned were desert corndogs. Basically deep fried banana on a stick with a hollowed center & filling. Fuck the fudge & peanut butter was great. I loved testing that shit.

vegan

i'm not even memeing

you can buy cheap ass things like chickpeas and lentils and tempeh and give them meat names and sell them to dumb people for profit

Trust me mon ami,i would be your number one customer...

Sounds like one of those places you would go to for novelty and not be a regular at.

Meatball Subs

incrediballsfoodtruck.com/

Steal this cunt's menu. If you want the recipes, I'll give them to you.

Food cost is around 15-20% per sandwich and it takes only seconds to assemble.

Sure. Hand them over. Even if I don't make a foodtruck I'll use them for personal shit.

>Lobsta
>clearly decals of crabs

I would steer clear of that truck