Has anyone ever had real caviar? Is real caviar good enough to warrant the price?

Has anyone ever had real caviar? Is real caviar good enough to warrant the price?

I have had some different types. Most were pretty bland or salty to me. Like wine i am sure there is one out there i would actually enjoy.

That said its way too overprices and not worth it.

I doubt that caviar would be as popular as it is if it was not expensive. Caviar is like golf: you don't do it because you like it, you do it to show your status.

It's a novelty. Sure, get out there and have the experience but it's pretty unlikely it'll become something you MUST have.

If you're Russian it's pretty much a part of your staple diet

>working class people don't golf

dude, golf is fun. maybe you should try going outside to do things once in a while.

Putt Putt doesn't count

really? that's your best rebuttal?

fag

>Has anyone ever had real caviar?
Yes. At Claude's Chateux when I played Montreux.
>Is real caviar good enough to warrant the price?
It was delicious. I have no idea what the price was because I didn't pay for it. It's not something I'd actually buy.

My grandpa worked with some russians and they invited us to a party. I'm guessing that the caviar they got there was the "real" one. Shit was salty and never got the fuzz about it, hated it desu.

I tried the real stuff a few times. It really is delicious.
I would never pay for it myself though. If I am spending that kind of money, I go for tastier options such as morels, Norwegian lobster tails, fillet of beef or multiple foods sourced from the best producers.

>Has anyone ever had real caviar?
yes, its good
>Is real caviar good enough to warrant the price?
nope

It is good if you like salty globules of no particular substance that have a fishy aroma, and the people who harvest sturgeons eat their eggs with big spoons and cheap bread.
They are not rich either.

Take an educated guess.

Pretty much a meme. Tastes like salt if you get low end and tastes like brine if you get high end (such a huge difference right)

Honestly its an outdated meme. We have newer and more inventive ways to flaunt copious wealth these days

I have twice before. It's too salty desu.

It's good, I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

What's sad is when one of my friends thought the catering at a party had real Beluga caviar and it was just that cheap salty shit.

What would those be in terms of food?
I'm somewhat of a pleb in terms of how much I hang out in fancy places because I rarely like the people there

So I'm genuinely curious

Golf isn't expensive

I've had a really expensive variety but can't remember the name. The taste is great. Deep and smoky and very intense. The only issue is I couldn't get past what it actually is so that put me off it even at the time. It has a very slimy after taste consistency which doesn't help.

If I'm going to pay for fish delicacies, I'd rather go for the expensive smoked salmons.

Vegan caviar is delicious

Caver

I have.
The problem is not getting enough toast points with it.