AMA

Juicing thread, Veeky Forums. Are you juicing for meal replacement? Weight loss? Fasting?

I'm doing a long juice fast to lose weight, it's working well. Share your stories and recipes.

Are you leaving the pulp in? What are your shits like? Where do you get protein?

you're probably going to gain it back after switching back to solid foods

I'm doing something similar but instead of juice, I'm drinking a lot of beer. This fad diet is making me GAIN weight. Today, I ate a chicken salad and drank twelve beers.

>Are you leaving the pulp in? What are your shits like? Where do you get protein?
I make my juice at home with a decent juicer. There's some pulp in the juice, so I have a decent but small shit every day or two.

I'm not taking any protein supplements. There's some trace proteins in the veg and fruit, enough to keep me going. I'm not doing any serious exercising.

>you're probably going to gain it back after switching back to solid foods
I'll gain some back. But I'm doing this to drop all the blubber so that when I go back to eating it'll be on a better regimen.

Dieting and portion control is hard. Switching away from your comfort foods and eating habits overnight is very hard. When I go back to eating, I won't have eaten for over 2 months so I'll be starting fresh.

>I'm doing something similar but instead of juice, I'm drinking a lot of beer.
I'm drinking lots of beer too, and still losing weight. The chicken is the problem, obviously. Mixing simple carbs / sugars with fats is the best way to put on weight.

>eat shit for long periods and gain obesity
>starve themselves periodically and suffer malnutrition
i'll never understand why people torture themselves this way.

>i'll never understand why people torture themselves this way
It's working for me. After day 12 or so, I'm not hungry at all. I get lots of nutrition.

What are your shits like? Legit question. Are you spraying soup or is the fiber enough to keep it solid?

that seems a little extreme to switch to an all juicing diet just to restart your eating habits. have you tried cutting out a few things at a time? adding in more fruits instead of processed snacks, less soda and more water or even carbonated water with lemon and cucumber or something? IMO a few steps at a time rather than a full overhaul seems like a better choice but that's just me. i hope it all works out for you though man.

>What are your shits like? Legit question.
That's a perfectly viable question.

I have a shit every day or two. Sometimes it's a little runny, but usually soft and normal. It depends on how much fibre I'm getting with the juice. I've found that lemon juice helps the shits.

>that seems a little extreme to switch to an all juicing diet just to restart your eating habits
That's a good point, and you're right. I could be simply eating better and lose the weight more slowly. But I had a need to drop a lot fast, and this works for me.

Simple, easy changes to diet that are sustainable is the best way to change. Switch out soda for water, have raw veg with cottage cheese or hummus rather than chips and dip, these are all good things that I'll do when I'm back to eating.

I was never big on soda. But I have a weakness for ice cream and popcorn.

has your cost gone up with all this juicing? are you exercising regularly? why was there a rush to drop the weight fast?

i used to be a total fatty and tried all the fads and trends back then. in the end it all came back to me and realized i was looking for quick solutions rather than maintaining a long term fix.

if it works for you, that's htrsy. wish you nothing but the best with this.

i meant great. but htrsy works too.

>has your cost gone up with all this juicing? are you exercising regularly? why was there a rush to drop the weight fast?
Good food is expensive, unfortunately. I started my fast in the late summer so that I could buy lots of local produce when in season and cheap. I try to buy organics when available and a reasonable cost. I spend as much now on food which I'm juicing as I did before. 5 pounds of fresh veg isn't cheap at all, and that all goes into a big glass of juice with a bit of fruit so that it doesn't taste horrible.

I'm not exercising regularly. I'm a man in my mid 40s, 6"1", not muscular. One day when I was struggling to squeeze into my 38" waist pants I said "that's it!" and started my juice fast. I'm on day 58 and down 44 pounds so far.

My weight is an issue because when I've over 220 pounds I snore terribly. It's an acquired apnea. It was either drop the weight or get a cpap mask dealie. I started at 241 and I'm 197 today. I want to get down to 175 before I stop, anticipating that I'll put 10 pounds back on pretty quickly. I could easily be happy with 185-190 pounds. I'll need to eat better when I start eating again, and do some moderate exercise regularly at least. I'll still juice as a meal replacement and when good produce is available at a good price.

The real point of what I'm doing is to reboot my taste buds and body appetites. We are trained to enjoy the food which is cheap and bad for us. Juicing gets me off of the "whites", like sugar, salt, rice, bread, etc.. Processed food is the enemy. So going without it for months will allow me to start eating again when I'm slim and not crave that shit.

Thanks for your support, I mostly get shitposting on these threads. You're right, fads don't work because if you go back to the usual eating habits the weight will always go back on. I'm doing a kickstart on the weight loss before I start eating again, and this time will do it better.

>drinking juice for 58 days
>"fast"

you're starving yourself and doing irreparable damage to your body at right about the age where your body stops being able to repair such damage as easily.

what you are doing is not healthy. abort.

You're right but no one will listen.

>what you are doing is not healthy. abort.
I'm perfectly healthy at this point. If I was doing anything wrong, I'd either be seriously hungry due to nutrient deficiency or already be dead. I'm not. I feel fine. And I love it when every day on the scale I have peeled off another half or 3/4 of a pound.

>You're right but no one will listen.
Thanks. I'm used to that. I like going onto Veeky Forums and create these threads once a week or so, and I'm told that I'm an idiot, and an asshole, and a faggot, and that it's a meme. Whatever. It's working for me.

You sound like the smoker who inhales his cigarettes through a stoma.

You're right but on the bright side I'll bet his cum tastes sweet as candy.

>You sound like the smoker who inhales his cigarettes through a stoma.
Oh. Sorry, I guess.

>You're right but on the bright side I'll bet his cum tastes sweet as candy.
Huffing glue is good for weight loss to I hear. What's that like?