Who >>male bulimic here

who >>male bulimic here

Why are you bulimic? Image issues/think you're overweight?

All right. You are fully aware that bulimia is a mental disorder. I've always wanted to ask this question. What does it feel like knowing with 100% certainty that you are crazy?

Legit question. No disrespect.

my little brother does that. he used to wrestle and all of those guys would puke out their meals when they had to cut weight. some of them kept doing it.

Not OP. This crazy guy here I struggled with bulimia back then and I can honestly say I didn't think I was "crazy" until I finally stopped. I always justified my reasons for doing it and losing weight (I was fat) solidified my shitty decisions. I didn't have to do extra exercise, I could still satisfy my cravings until I was completely full and I could still lose weight with a finger to the back of my throat. It seemed like a win-win situation.

First time I got over this, I realized how messed up it was.

Anyways OP I hope you get the help you need.

Why can't I throw up anymore? I only did it like two times and now my gag reflex isn't working. I ate 5k calories the other day and gained like 3 pounds now. Fuck.

Thank you for the reply.

I can't abide a full stomach, I feel physically ill and severely depressed whenever I eat to fullness, but at the same time I do plenty of exercise so I'm regularly hungry.

I don't feel crazy but like I'm sure if I get over it I'll come to realise it's pretty nuts.

There are plenty of ways to aid regurgitation but none that I'm gonna put out there publicly, you're better off looking for other ways to lose weight.

>be depressed
>who cares if i binge, nothing look forward to anyways
>binge
>feel better, life is not so bad but now i feel guilty because of how much i ate
>purge

pls tell me

Sorry I can't help you.

Have you tried seeking help for this? I know it's not easy but it doesn't always have to be this way. Have you tried eating 25% less than what you'd normally eat? That way you'd be satisfied but not too full.

Have you talked about your depression with anyone else?

Also I developed a guilt from feeling full, like a few others have mentioned in here. The moment it came back out, I felt great again. I can't even explain how good it felt to be puking out your dinner. And the rush that came after that first big purge. It was messed up.

OP here, not really, and there's such an absence of useful material for guys on the internet. The one professional I've been to kept trying to get away from the bulimia side of it and wouldn't stop asking me about whether I was depressed or not. It's incredibly frustrating

Stomach acids damage your throat and teeth. It isn't difficult to spot a bulimic. They have stained teeth.

That sucks. Maybe another one might be better, if you decide to seek treatment again. Recovery wasn't easy for me either and I went back to bulimia a few times. Mine mainly stemmed from thinking I was always overweight even when I became underweight. It took me a while to "train" myself to realize being full was not a death sentence.

Not always true. Mine were and still are pretty white.

>Mine were and still are pretty white
You're fooling yourself. It is like Cartman thinking he is big boned.

Fucker you caught me

One trick is to gargle canola oil before you purge, then your teeth stay fine.

Also, enjoy throat cancer if you live that long.

I've purged twice and the gastric acid really fucking hurts the teeth. I can feel the enamel peeling off some too.

I don't purge that often but I don't want to go on anti-depressents because you become dependent on them

Also their cheeks are fucking huge.

You shouldn't tell people that.

>Also their cheeks are fucking huge
Good to know. Do you know why their cheeks are huge?

Because the food coming back up or something makes it swollen? n o idea, I've noticed my cheeks have gotten fatter from it.

Pretty much every issue with Bulimia stems from the stomach acid. You're burning the inside of your cheeks. Starving yourself is literally better than this.

If I could starve myself I would but I have no self control. I've been fat since I was 7.

Being fat is also better than being bulimic.

Look, if you can't handle this bullshit then go get fucking help. Bulimia is disgusting and absolutely awful, don't be a fucking pussy.

>First time I got over this, I realized how messed up it was.
>First time

So how many times did it take? Did you lapse?

Our society values thinness. Purging feels wonderful.

Just kill yourself now so I don't have to pay your medical bills down the road.

real talk why do i get a headache after doing it?

Here's a life hack for you - physical activity becomes appealing and addictive after about a month. You'll crave it. During the initial phase, it will suck and you'll be tired with sore muscles and probably unmotivated. "Beating a Month" is the title of a book I'm writing. Getting yourself up and outside can change your entire life.

Thin alcoholic male here, how do i into EDs? Seems fun...

Blood either rushing to the head or being trapped there during vomiting, I'm not sure which.

Alcohol is absorbed instantly into the blood stream so you can't purge the calories. Replace it with a food addiction if you want to join in.

You're fucking stupid.

There's such a thing as non-purging bulimia. People who fast excessively, over-exercise or use a lot of laxatives are also considered bulimics. They are usually thin but not dangerously so because of the constant binging.

I spent much of my life fat after having no one to teach me proper nutirion. I hessite to blame anyone, but my parents defintiely played a part. They ate everything and anything at whatever portion they desired, so I did the same. This began at 11.

By 25 I had hit 295 pounds at 5'11 height. I was Wheezy, my legs hurt walking, I had difficulties sleeping and apparently snored. None of this bothered me until I started having these panic attacks about the quality of my life in the future. So I went about task of losing the weight.

One year later I was maintaining at 130 to 135 pounds. My goal was 170, but I reached it really fast so I just kept dieting and exercising until I reached the point of between my underweight/normal BMI. Unfortunately, I still love food as I did whenI was fat and so everything that goes in me is carefully tracked, I binge, and if I binge too much, I end up purging, partly out the weight gain fear, partly because I get physically ill and have to induce the vomiting.

As much as I love and hate food, I at least have it under control. I know how much I can eat and know when to stop. My problem is the temporary weight gain brought on by water consumption.

One thing I absolutely loath is liquid weight gain. I have my drinking intake to a science with the portion sizes of my glasses and bottles memorized so I know how much weight I will gain from the water I drink, at one point this summer I was afraid that swimming would cause weight gain through skin absorption or I drink a mouthful of water accidentally.

I realize how completely fucked that is, but that's what's going on in my head, and frankly, I would take these mental fuckery over the challenge of being a fat fuck any day of the week.

Did you end up joining the military? What's with the picture?

Forgot to say picture unrelated. Just thought it was cool.

I associate when I don't eat shit tonnes with a feeling of euphoria that I didn't have to feel the massive guilt feeling. Maybe you can do the same. Get a fear of food guilt.

Loss of electrolytes

If you keep hydration persistent, your body won't get water retention.

is that adam sandler and bob dylan?

I know, and I've reached that point now that I'm drinking a liter and a half to 2 a day. It's just some fear I get that all the work I did will turn around because of the water I am drinking. It's irrational, stupid, but it's something I'm managing with.

I went thru a bulemic period. One day I looked in a mirror and saw that I resembled pic and stopped doing that.

At all times no, if i overeat too much i purge though.

Have you tried the 5:2 diet?

It has helped me gain more control. I'm very bad at controlling cravings, but I find on the days I'm not doing a 600 calorie fast, it's much easier to stick to a 2500 calorie diet. You realise just how much food you can eat for 2500 calories.

I also bought a food safe, where I put candy and treats which I lock in the evening as that's usually when I tend to cave to my cravings. It has a time lock, so I only need self-control while I'm locking it.

The 5:2 is also great for regulating diabetes or preventing it in the first place, but it's not like you can go crazy on your non-fasting days.

I was actively purging and restricting when I was 14-15, stopped, became addicted to food but maintained a reasonable weight so didn't purge. 8 year later, started casually purging like once every 2 or 3 weeks and restricting. Realize how much more will power I had as a teenager.

please be careful and take care of your teeth user, it's not too late