Mexican food thread

why is Veeky Forums always wrong edition

>inb4 tex mex
>inb4 cali mex

Because 100% mexishits who post are males.
The rest are 2gen wetbacks and also males.

all of the mexican food in america outside of the southwest, chicago, and nyc, is americanized garbage. it's just like taco bell on a plate

What's wrong with being a numale?

Hello weddit

In my view Bourdain is usually right.

> Reddit

Fuck off and take this sage with you.

There is no such thing in mejico.
You either are a male or a faggot who likes to play dressed up and being a housewife.

>Bourdain posting on Reddit
Well fuck him with a rusty rake.

Where the fuck else would he post?
Nobody takes Veeky Forums seriously. The site's a joke. You come here to shitpost, not make any meaningful discussion.

>Mexican food
>undervalued and underappreciated
What the FLYING fuck? If anything, it's overrated.

>Where the fuck else would he post?
Why not a blog he owns? God, I realize redditors like you are really absorbed in your shitty forum. But there are actually places besides reddit to say opinions.

celebs have done AMAs on Veeky Forums before

Maybe tex mex but not traditional/modern mexican

literally who

What's Veeky Forums having from the best sit-down mexican food restaurant near me?

Their chipotle and mole chicken are my personal favorites

Had a torta yesterday

Where

>Wanting to kill Pumpkin Spice

Ok, fuck that shit. That's where I disagree.

>17 dollars for 3 tacos and some sides
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

my local restaurant had Tlalpequenas, skirt steak strips covered with chipotle powder, cooked with onions, bell peppers and jalapenos, nicely blackened. side of a tamale. their version of a the first classic signature restaurant dish of mexico, Carne a la Tampiqueña a dish that was developed in the 1940’s by José Inés Loredo for his restaurant Tampico Club, in Mexico City.
they took it off the menu. i miss it.

That sounds decent but I rather have swiss enchiladas in place of the tamal

>I would like people really to pay more for top-quality Mexican food.

Read: I want more mexican ingredients and dishes to become fads so the price skyrockets and everyone buys my bullshit overpriced interpretation of it, later on packaged and sold as "oven cooked appetizers".

Seriously, can you fucking imagine the travesty if mole sauce became a fad thing?

Mole sauce is a fad.

Allow me to me show you what monstrosity my (Mexican) friend made tonight, Veeky Forums.

The Durrito.

mole is pretty fuckin good, though..

if anyone wants, i'll post the recipe we use where i work. it's 9/10 bretty great

i'd eat that

>so I'm uneasy about that
what's there to be uneasy about?

>mexican
>omar's skillet

i feel like i know exactly what omar looks like

Everything in that skillet except for the jack cheese is Mexican? Are supposed to stick ONLY go traditional food? If Omar's skillet sells, it would be ridiculous not to sell it