Any good vegetarian recipes for low bills?

Any good vegetarian recipes for low bills?
>poor af
>not pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LghMlN68xHE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghormeh_sabzi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Apple

Ingredients:
an apple, 1

Process:
Wash an apple.
Enjoy your apple!

Wait. Can you write that down for me?

I find vegetable burgers are really good with bacon. They're easy to make as well.

Beans, grains, rice. Add in some veggies, cook with garlic/onions/spices. Curries with the beans and veggies over rice or something. What do you have right now?

I'm not vegetarian but used to be poor as fuck and pretty much ate like one.

What sort of stuff do you like?

Porridge is always good and cheap.

I have a great recipie for vegan steak. I just take a big block of tofu, place it on the cutting board, then punch myself in the cunt until I die.

Not sure if you're trolling, but I legitimately do love bean burgers with a few, very thin slices of ham on them. They're delicious that way, IMO.

Normally I hide vegetarian threads, but if you're poor, then I guess you get a pass.

I would buy or make a curry paste, store it in a jar up to a week in the fridge, and add it to vegetables that are on sale. Serve with steamed rice. If you want to liven up the rice, then toss in some toasted whole cumin seeds. Freeze any vegetable scraps, and save them for stock. In the mean time, just use water or buy a box of vegetable stock cubes to thin out your curry.

youtube.com/watch?v=LghMlN68xHE

Don't add water to the paste. Use oil instead.

Egg plant is a good choice. Fresh string beans are essential. Red bell pepper, onion, cabbage, sugar snap peas, broccoli, zucchini, green peas, tomatoes, mushrooms, and chickpeas are nice additions.

I mowed my lawn yesterday. Help yourself to the clippings in the green bin.

rice n' beans

Mix 1 cup flour + 1 egg into dough. Knead, rest for 30 mins, then shape into noodles. Boil for a few minutes to cook like instant noodles.

Saute onion, ginger, and garlic until fragrant. Then add in shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, and carrot sticks. When cooked, add oyster sauce and soy sauce and stir in drained cooked noodles.

>oysters are a vegetable!!!
American """""""""""""education,"""""""""""" everyone.

>"""""""""""""education,""""""""""""
You put the comma inside the quotation marks. You're a failure.

Enjoy being poor.

>being this certain yet still this wrong
How cute.
>the most common question people ask about quotation marks is whether periods and commas go inside or outside, and the answer depends on where your audience lives because in American English we always put periods and commas inside quotation marks, but in British English periods and commas can go inside or outside.

>but in British English periods...
In propper English that should read:
>but in British English; periods...

Yor not as cleaver as you thing.
>this triggers your OCD

Can you two spastics fuck off back to Veeky Forums ?

Do some oven carrots, you need
carrots
olive oil
garlic
salt, pepper, chili, cumin, whatever you want

Quarter the carrots (in length, so that they're big stripes), add some peeled garlic (no need to be chopped, it also gets really good in the oven), put oil & seasoning over it, put in the oven at 200°C, wait 45 minutes, enjoy

If you really want to make you're burgers vegetarian you can use dried tomatoes, they taste suspiciously like bacon

audible kek

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghormeh_sabzi

Depending on where you live, this dish can be extremely cheap to make. The usual middleeastern shops sell the herbs in bags, all mixed together and ready for use - alternatively you can buy fresh or frozen herbs and mix them together.

Btw. the main herb is Fenugreek, and I can't seem to find that anywhere in my own town, so I use frozen spinach instead.

I can't find dried lime fruits either, so I just squeeze the juice out of a limefruit into the stew instead.

The beans are rather tricky, if you want it really cheap then you have to buy dried beans at a store. I buy canned red kidney beans instead, they're still cheap.

And you can use tofu instead of red meat, but it's edible without.

In case you are one of those people who call themselves vegetarian, but only avoid cow, lamb and pork - but eats every damn other type of meat, then you can also make this dish with Salmon ....

Just remove the skin, put dill in the herb mix and 1 extra lemon or lime.

I like a lot of it. What I dont like are mushrooms.

do you have a crockpot? if not, it's okay

anyways, you can make red beans and rice

>Brown Rice

There are 360 calories in 100 grams of raw medium grain brown rice. Also, 7 grams of protein. A 20-pound bag of brown rice (9,000 grams) yields 32,400 calories and 630 grams of protein. Cost: As low as $20 or less at Walmart.

>Beans

There are 340 calories in 100 grams of raw pinto beans. Also, 7 grams of protein. So a 20-pound bag of pinto beans (9,000 grams) yields 30,600 calories and 630 grams of protein. Cost: As low as $20 or less at Walmart.

Fiber: With 16 grams of fiber in 100 grams of raw pinto beans, or 1,440 grams in a 20-pound bag, you get 45 grams of fiber per day (if you take that bag and split it into 30 days).

>20lbs of brown rice for $20
I had no idea brown rice costs that much.
Maybe I'm just out of the loop here, but why not get fibre from vegetables and eat superior-tasting and far, far cheaper white rice at $5.99/20lbs?

>b-but protein
Have a few more beans, then. 100g of them dry has about 24g of protein and that cooks up into 2 servings of beans.

peanut butter & jelly sandwiches
peanut butter & honey sandwiches
I'm going to assume your not vegan so I'll include dairy & eggs.
eggs, lots of ways - fried, scrambled, omelets.
make vegetable chili
vegetable lasagna