Would you eat this

would you eat this

maybe if it were cooked and seasoned user

how could you cook this without it becoming a complete clusterfuck

maybe if you cooked them separately and assembled afterwords.

Can't be cooked together. Octopus needs very short cooking time or very long braise to be tender. Chicken can't be cooked for a short time and a long braise would make it fall apart.

Bake the chicken seperately and steam or grill octopus for a few minutes and stuff inside chicken cavity after both are done.
I would eat that.

Why not cook the chicken, then in the last 15 or 20min, add the octopus? That might work.

The octopus probably wouldn't cook properly. The head stuffed inside the chicken's cavity would likely still be raw since it would only be getting indirect heat. Cook separately and then assemble makes the most sense.

It may be possible to do it all at once if you used an "old hen" rather than a normal chicken. They are larger and tougher so they would have a much longer cooking time, perhaps approaching that of the octo. Might get away with cooking low and slow for a while then finishing with a quick blast under the broiler.

Chickenthulhu the thing that should not be eaten. Enjoy the delicious seafood poultry madness.

Why are you so intent on adding the octopus into the fucking chicken holy shit

Wow, Kraken for dinner.....Cool.
WHY IS THE RUM GONE?!?

Clearly it's a silly dish but what's wrong with theorizing how one might cook it? It's an exercise in problem solving.

No, because I'm not a fucking backward plebiscite savage.

That's an octopus

The dreaded turducthulhu

Came to post this. You need to cook them separately then add them together. Like spagehtti pasta and sauce. Otherwise, your Octochicken will be dangerously underdone and overcooked at the same time.

> steam octopus

Really, man. REALLY?

I mean, why not just boil it and wrap it in grass so you can fully destroy any semblance of acquired good taste you ever had.

I would honestly and truly rather take a bullet to the head than ever eat this gross shit.

Pure savagery.

Steaming is the best way to maintain flavor and nutrients in foods.

You ever eaten octopus in a sushi restaraunt? How do you think it was prepared? Uh, uh, well, uh...s-s-steamed?

I prefer grilled myself, but steaming is fine too.

I'd add chorizo, it goes surprisingly well with both chicken and sea food.
I'm not sure how to cook it, recipe is complicated enough already. Maybe slide slices under the chicken's skin.

I'm afraid that's not a chicken, user. Looks like a duck.

>You ever eaten octopus in a sushi restaraunt?

No, because I'm not a fucking pleb. I eat fresh oysters at sushi bars in extremely expensive Japanese restaurants. Not a boiled fucking octopus in sight.

No

I love octopus, but can take or leave chicken.

Neither myself or my dad who's a professional chef could figure out how you'd be able to cook this properly, the only solution I can think of is to cook them seperately and then assemble it as mentioned in the thread.

Next time I go to a Call of Cthullu night I'm going to make this but with a spatchcock chicken instead.

What a pity, apparently the new aristocracy doesn't know much about food. Gives me an idea to open a pricey restaurant catering to you guys and charging enormous sums for fancily presented dogshit. With you as a customer, i'll make out like a bandit.

I would fap to it

fuck OFF gulag

Came to post this

that's a big duck

That's a dish you need to eat raw

for you're mum

Different poster. I get that the octopus needs to be cooked separately, but could it be mostly cooked, and then stuck inside the bird to soak up juices with only a few minutes of heat left? How long would something need to be inside that cavity to make it even remotely affected?

Freeze octopus, then defrost and bake for an hour in the oven basting it with beer or wine every 15 minutes, then stick the head in the bum of the chicken and roast for a further hour.

Is that a chicken japanese style

Dress up the chicken in a school uniform.

It looks memed the fuck out.

for you are mum

Smart.

yes

assuming its one of those cakes made to look like something else, then yes

>would you eat this
I would if it was a squid.

They did it with lobster, you can do it with dogshit.

cook separately and add later

problem solved faggot

Underrated.