Are bay leaves a meme?
xD

LOLOLOLOLOL yeeee!!!

EPIC THREAD OP :P

Bay leaf or Gay leaf? Amirite?

TRLOLOLOLOLOL NICE ONE

/b/ros plz keep it up KEK
Fucking dyin over here

My wife always puts them in her soups and I hate it. Suddenly a whole mouthful is ruined by an inedible chunk of tasteless trash.

>tasteless trash ruins the taste of my dish

aren't you supposed to take the leaf out?

bae leaf

I used to put them in my rice but then got so fucking annoyed when the little bastards fell in hidden somewhere and I had to fish them out.

Now I only use them in Soups and wrapped in cheesecloth with other inedible spices (there's a fancy French term for this and I forget the name).

what do they actually do?

Yes

Nobody can tell you what they taste or smell like

Nobody can tell you what difference they make in a dish

They are a meme

Bouquet garni

boy lof

they look like gum leaves. the leaves that koalas exclusively eat. and koalas get high from it.
so, hmm. gonna pick me up some bay leaves to try.

Like any other herb or spice they add flavor and aroma.

The problem is that most people have never used fresh bay leaves and only use the dried shit from the supermarket spice isle. Those are nearly always crap quality and have little if any taste. (much like supermarket paprika and turmeric).

Yes they are good only if you simmer them a long time.
In my country it's tradition that the one that gets the bayleaf in his plate has to do the dishes :^)

That's funny I might try that with my family

Bay leaves give a very subtle smoky taste and aroma. Fresh is always better but even the dried bay leaves still have some of the taste that makes it unique from other herbs. ""umami""

Only if they are steeped and served in bleach

Me and my sister used to say whoever got the bay leaf is the one mom actually loved

She got wise and started putting two instead

Aw, that's cute mate.

the flavor bible has bay leaves listed with soups, stocks, and stews in all caps and bolded

It's perfect for that application, just take it out

My grandmum used to always do that when she made homemade tomato sauce. I always got the leaf. Now I'm older and those days have past. I still always get the leaf, but only because I'm alone. Now the bay leaf doesn't feel like a silly tradition, it just makes me feel empty inside.

I'm sorry user :(
I'm alone too

Ah, user, we're all terribly alone, even together with our significant other for 30 years; that's why we eat. You just need a shoulder to...wait, you're a friggin cartoon!

Look at it this way op, when your grandmum was alive, she likley gave her share of blowjobs.

Remember the good!

No, it's a legit spice.

easy tex. Old Bay needs to be used gently in chowder, some lobster rolls and a few potato salad recipes.

Caviar is

Why has nobody called out OP for being an iCuck shitposting faggot yet?