No humans to Mars or Moon in my lifetime

>no humans to Mars or Moon in my lifetime
>we must wait until at least the late 2030s, no promises
>we don't need a Europa lander
>we need to focus on international cooperation
>*requests less funding for the planetary science budget than congress is offering*

Is this man the worst administrator NASA has ever had?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/thread/S4693950
boards.fireden.net/sci/thread/7838625/#7838625
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's gonna happen they are building the rocket and spaceship
As for the Europa business yes he was uninterested in Europa but Congress forced him to add a lander so there will be a lander anyway.

I doubt the SLS will even fly once
SpaceX will be going full speed ahead on their big rocket
Maybe Blue Origin announces THEIR rocket...
And then the SLS will be left sitting there capable of only 1 launch every 2 years, costing 5 billion each....

Yes. What a waste of 8 years.

The only good thing to come out has been commercial crew/cargo and Elon Musk will soon make NASA irrelevant.

>we don't need a Europa lander

It's not as simple as that. The Europa orbiter was canceled because it was way over budget, what grew out of that (after a while of nothing) was Europa clipper which was much cheaper. It's a perfectly sensible decision to not blow up the budget again and roll the dice on the whole mission. Instead plan a mission which can be achieved without continued budget support. Congress may say they want it now but what happens in 8 years time when there have been 4 elections? Furthermore NASA is only starting to recover from the JWST fiasco, the last thing it needs is a new while elephant. Choosing a very risky flagship right out of that is a mistake. That's why astrophysics selected WFIRST, good science (although a little like Euclid) but a safe bet.

I wonder why NASA have fallen into incompetence around the time affirmative action laws got voted.
I blame the white racist man.

That's not entirely out of the question.

I am greatly looking forward to the James Webb.
A bit over budget...
They are still doing good things.

Musk will be driving a Tesla on Mars, before NASA pulls their heads out of their asses.

Topkek

i refuse to believe that was not written by a blatant troll.

Think about it.

>solar city
solar panels
>tesla
electric cars and batteries for buildings
>spaceX
getting off earth and landing on mars
>hyperloop
makes no sense on earth and is a train of sorts designed for low air pressure. obviously he though it up for Mars. where you don't need the partial vacuum tubes.

the man has 4 companies going. To get him to Mars. To have power on mars. To have personal and mass transit on Mars.

he was appointed by Obama

>niggers in leading positions
Serves you right tbqh

who is this semen demon?

musk has some serious autism about mars
Especially when Venus probably is better for colonization, and easier to get to

> Venus probably is better for colonization
I want this meme to end.

The SSME and SRBs are all flight proven and. SpaceX's BFR is a napkin sketch by guys who have no hardware that has any chance of powering such a thing. NASA and Russians are the super-heavy guys, everyone else is comedy.
Kill yourself.
Why does every single Veeky Forums thread descend into white supremacist rants these days?

> only group of people that hates blacks must be whites

Your complete ignorance of your own racism and pre-judice is incredibly offensive.

>Kill yourself.
Your stupid paper made it clear that you're retarded, so I don't know why I'm surprised you're a #Muskrat

That user is still right though. Stormniggers need to gb2/pol/.

>The SSME and SRBs are all flight proven and. SpaceX's BFR is a napkin sketch by guys who have no hardware that has any chance of powering such a thing. NASA and Russians are the super-heavy guys, everyone else is comedy.
We'll see come September. Regardless of whether or not SpaceX can manage to make BFR reality I think it's rather stupid to believe that NASA and Russia will remain the kings of superheavies now that we've got something of a space renaissance underway.

and you need to go back to whatever white-hating anus you crawled out of you prejudicial racist prick.

When was the last time NASA or Russia actually launched a super-heavy anyway? They aren't kings, the throne is empty.

>Veeky Forums mocks Einstein for being a Jew
>Veeky Forums calls blacks low-IQ retards
>Veeky Forums calls Indians intellectual thieves
>Veeky Forums isn't racist
Yes we will see
Energia in 1988. 100 tons to LEO.

> some people do this
> which means all people do this

If you wanna see a racist, you only need to look at yourself.

You know what I mean, this board has a culture of racism. I don't care if you hate Jews or whatever but this is a science board, why are we talking about Bolden's skin colour and not his actions?

NASA is a public institution, it doesn't care about profit, the Universe if for private companies.

Christopher Columbus risked af traveling west, but he just wanted to find a shorter way to the India - this cary bastard just wanted to same some money.

USA rised also because of the free market and "homestead principle".

>no humans to Mars or Moon in my lifetime
Not with that attitude.

>this board has a culture of racism.
No it's not. It's probably one of the most anti-racist boards on Veeky Forums, considering how bad some of the other boards are. 2-3 polacks spamming racebait threads and posts =/= the board is racist.

People also use pooinloo, jew and other memes as jokes. /pol/ racebait threads are the only place on Veeky Forums where such opinions are expressed unironically, and the posters here call them out on it immediately. So no, there is no culture of racism here. Lurk more.

is it mandatory under Obama they all have to be black or mulatto? I use Detroit and Flint Michigan as examples of Blacks running things into the ground.

Do you have any proof for any of that ? Or are you one of those retards who call race threads racebait threads ?
Yeah there are lots of """racists""" here and science is not politics/ incompatible with the naive dreamy world of political correctness.

You're either new here or you're baiting, but I'll indulge. There have been numerous political tests on Veeky Forums from 2012 till now that show how overwhelmingly leftist this board is, or as you would call it because you're American, "politically correct" posters (you'd seen the tests yourself if you were part of this board). Nearly all of them can be found in different archives by searching based on that known political test, I think it was politicalcompass or something like that. Treat yourself.

That said, this is not the place for a political discussion, I was just stating a fact to correct an user, and my intention is not to start a political war on here. I just don't like /pol/acks treating every board like it is their own, no matter the subject matter. That is all.

I saw you post the same pathetic lie without providing a single shred of evidence every single time. Post your evidence or deal with the reality. People posting politically incorrect opinions is NOT a "pol invasion" as if using tryhard negative terms makes your bullshit self-evident, and no board has a tiny bit of obligation to be politically correct, which especially in a science board where facts are the priority and they come before feelings. You are the one trying to treat this board as your personal blog.

are you serious? I browse /diy/, Veeky Forums, /k/, /g/ an none not even /g/ are anywhere near the racism level of Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums is easily the most racist worksafe board.

what the hell are you doing at /g/ ?

>/v/
>/int/
>/tv/
>/sp/
Are you fucking retarded?
>tripfag
that explains it, filtered.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe that is because these boards have nothing to do with living things in general? Veeky Forums gets the racism it gets because science itself has had a history of scientific racism. Biology itself has had connections with racist regimes that piggybacked on it to validate their views. What is /g/ going to make a racist topic about? The lack of black programmers? Give me a break.

The thing is, science often stands at the crossroads between many batshit crazy views, and only science can give answers to them. It's natural that extremists are attracted to the word science when the words of science holds such weight in modern society. Same reason /x/ often comes here with ayys and anti-vax conspiracies. That hardly says anything about the people/posters that actually practice science.

So Veeky Forums is the most racist worksafe board, that was my point. I'm not arguing the reason I was just stating that it is.
Apple shilling

>I saw you post the same pathetic lie
warosu.org/sci/thread/S4693950
boards.fireden.net/sci/thread/7838625/#7838625
Based on the instructions for search parameters I gave you, this literally took 2 minutes. Faggots like you that can't even do that need to either go back to where you are fed the infographics or kill themselves.

>So Veeky Forums is the most racist worksafe board, that was my point. I'm not arguing the reason I was just stating that it is.
/tv/ is a lot worse, for example. The thing is, as I said, despite science having a history with racism, this board (as a majority, not entirety) does not support racism without evidence. If you consider "nigger" or "jew" or "poo in loo" as racist, then every board is racist...

>Apple shilling
So you shill for Apple for antishill for SpaceX when they basically have the same followers (bunch of ignorant hipsters who frantically fap at the image of their leader everytime he makes an announcement)? What?