Cooking Music

'sup cu/ck/s, doing some meatballs in tomato sauce here and wondering what kind of music do you guys like to listen too while you cook? Lately I can't stop listening to this mix
youtube.com/watch?v=QL6X8MxSeRA

I don't know why but it just gets me going!
Anyways I'll be uploading some pics of the meatballs as they progress to keep this thread going, happy to share the recipe if you guys want it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM
youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2pEshxvso
youtube.com/watch?v=i8u6EodZseg
youtube.com/watch?v=f2dQ3WbcF44
youtube.com/watch?v=satMi-rws1A
youtube.com/watch?v=dIOEDC_maAY
youtube.com/watch?v=Dz4aVM8fug0
en.wikipedia
youtube.com/watch?v=I5lMp-1oUVc
youtube.com/watch?v=GGCY-vclHmk
youtube.com/watch?v=itzj3I4Qv98
youtube.com/watch?v=f1_7TxDVPSU
youtube.com/watch?v=ibu_aoDrgTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM

youtube.com/watch?v=AQ2pEshxvso

German Ska Punk Rock will always be cooking music to me.

Sauce looking pretty good, been working on this bad boy for 3 hours now. Pro tip; a good tomato sauce has red wine in it, gives some taste and if you fuck it up like you always do because you're a terrible person you can always drink yourself to sleep afterwards

Talking Heads, always a good choice. Once in a Lifetime gets me going too.

Ska Punk is the way to go too!

What else did you put in your tomato sauce?

I just bring my laptop to the kitchen and watch/rewatch anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=i8u6EodZseg

Frying up the meatballs. Protip; don't do this in the nude or the next chick you'll bang will ask you if the blisters are a STD.

bit of oil first, in which I fried an onion (diced) and a couple cloves of garlic (diced as well). Then add a sliced red bell pepper (or two smalls), sliced carrots (couple), peas, and a diced tomato (big if possible, if not couple of small ones). Cook on small until the vegetables have softened (speacily the bell pepper), then add a big can of diced tomatoes (for me I did 800g, but I think its too much). Add salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and a few bay leaves, then let simmer for hours while adding a bit of red wine (100ml total tops) from time to time.

Yeah sometimes I watch stuff but I usually get lost because I'm shit at following two things at the same time

Which is why I usually turn on something I've already watched before, and during the non-intense part of cooking. Obviously I turn it off when I need to fry it or something like that that requires attention.

Hey OP what's your recipe? I am making some meatballs tonight for me and my GF and I want to eventually make my own sauces instead of store bought ones.

Dave Brubeck for breakfast. Classy as Fuck

This has always been my go-to

youtube.com/watch?v=f2dQ3WbcF44

After drying up the meatballs I usually take a spoonful of the leftover meatball oil and add it to the sauce for more flavor. Also arteriosclerosis.

About a couple of hours before serving I add the meatballs to the sauce in a bigger pan to let it simmer a while, get all the good flavors blended in! As you can see I've done way too much sauce so you can't even see the meatballs in there. No worries though; once you're done with the meatballs you can always used the leftover sauce for some pasta. Next I'm gonna do some rice for the side dish.

check for the sauce, for the meatballs do as follows;
(for about 4 eaters) in a large bowl put 500g of ground meat (you can use 100% beef but I prefer mixed with pig), one egg, about 50g of breadcrumbs (I just do it by eye), 100ml of milk, a finely diced clove of garlic, bit of salt and parsley. Mix the whole thing using your hands, you filthy animal.
Then create some balls the size of your own with your hands. Protip; moisten your hands before, so meat wont stick to you like cum after a good wank. Afterwards just pass them through flour and then in a small skillet fry them up in a bit of oil, not too high. Don't need to cook them to the center as you will finish them in the sauce.

weirdly stylish, I like it, reminds me of Pink Martini;
youtube.com/watch?v=satMi-rws1A

Classy indeed

Anything chilled out, like caravan palace or emancipator.
youtube.com/watch?v=dIOEDC_maAY
youtube.com/watch?v=Dz4aVM8fug0

check out BBC's essential mix:

en.wikipedia . org/wiki/List_of_Essential_Mix_episodes

(usually) well known DJs have about two hours to spin whatever records they want, most of the episodes are up on youtube. Usually I just pick an artist and that's who I listen to while Im cooking that day.

here are some good ones

youtube.com/watch?v=I5lMp-1oUVc

youtube.com/watch?v=GGCY-vclHmk

youtube.com/watch?v=itzj3I4Qv98

starting the rice, after having diced up a small onion and a clove of garlic, as in the beginning of the tomato sauce I fry them up in a bit of olive oil until they turn yellow and translucid.

I dig more Caravane Palace's speedy tracks like Lone Digger, but I didn't knew about emancipator, I'll check them out.

yeah known about these ones for a while now, all started when I got my hands on the one from Nero back in 2008 when I was getting into the Dubstep genre, then DJ Zinc, etc... but didn't knew about the Avalanches one, thanks!

once the onion and garlic is done, add the rice (basmati) and let it fry for a bit. I usually move it a bit every 2 minutes, 3-4 times, rice should take some color then add water (2.25 times the volume of rice). When the water is boiling, salt, and let it cook until all water is absorbed.

>throw on some nujabes somewhere in the house so you can lightly hear it in the background

I listed to anything, as long as its Chopped Not Slopped

youtube.com/watch?v=f1_7TxDVPSU

and voila, end result in a bad picture with some steamed broccoli (not gonna divulge that recipe as it is a prized family secret), hope you guys enjoyed the show, I certainly enjoyed your music.

ha nujabes, so chill. Always been a fan since hearing the Samurai Champloo intro

Beef Stroganoff Song

youtube.com/watch?v=ibu_aoDrgTk

Looks fuarkin good. Inspired me to make some chili with meatballs and beans.