What are some cocktails everyone should know?

What are some cocktails everyone should know?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorsh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fine_Art_of_Mixing_Drinks#Six_basic_drinks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rusty nail
bloody marry
screwdriver
gin and tonic
Irish car bomb

predecessor to all sours
sadly underappreciated
very tasty

Diabetes thread general.

A White Russian is my shit.

moscow mule

1.5 oz vodka
1 oz lemon juice
1/2 cup ginger beer

tastes like the best version of a lemon honey losange possible

very refreshing

I'm game for anything with ginger in it

Any alcohol mixes good with depression desu

7&7
Greyhound

Those are my favorites so of course I'm biased.

great lakes? That's such a big thing up here

Am I the only one who hates white russians made with cream but love them made with milk?

I prefer Kentucky Mule (swap vodka for bourbon) but this is good.

These are good basic lists. I don't get too many orders for anything aside from these.

Aside from knowing how to make a variety of cocktails, people should also know what to suggest to indecisive fucks who are prone to tell you they don't like what they got and try not to pay for it.

Don't hate them with cream but yeah I think that Kahlua and low-fat milk gives the drink a better consistency.

ville vallaton

>predecessor to all sours
Unless a sidecar is actually old terminology reused for motorcycles, how would they be older than sours (unless the name changed)?

You shouldnt blend a white russian, it's not supposed to be a slushie

Negroni
Old fashioned
Martini

What else do you need?

wtf i just watch nigga

Anything where the ingredients are in the name

>screwdriver
so vodka and orange juice?
Hardly what I would call a cocktail

>Gin Tonic
>cocktail

>rum and cola
>1 part rum 50 parts col

Jesus christ you might as well drink straight up flat coke

Cosmopolitan
Touchdown
Sex on the Beach
Martini
Manhatten
ABC
Different kinds of sours
Different kinds of mules
Lynchburg lemonade
Pimms Cup
Mai Tai
Cuba Libre
Caipirinha
Mojito
Hugo
Aperol Spritz
Gin Fizz
Basil Smash
Gin Gimlet
Long Island Ice tea
Daiquiri
Margarita
Bloody MAry
Black/White Russian

Drinks like Liquor+Sofdrinks are NOT cocktail. Rum Cola isn't a cocktail. These drinks are called longdrinks

Old Fashioned
Caipirinha

That's it. Fuck literally everything else.

>pussee
MY SIDES! Fucking murikkans!

Just mix some alcohol and juice/soda/other alcohol

>grilling the hotdogs parallel to the grates

I need a new bottle of bourbon for mixin and sippin. Just ran out of Wild Turkey 101 and looking for something a little bit nicer. Any suggestions?

Jekkupatteri :D

Liquid Cocaine
Dark and Stormy

What are you, late-teens?

Pretty much this.

The absolute basics. These drinks are a litmus test for a bartender; if they don't know what these are, get outta there and spend your money elsewhere. Cocktails are already expensive enough, so don't get a bad one.

Gin/Vodka Martini
Daiquiri (not the frozen kind)
Margarita (again, not the kind that comes in a mix frozen)
Old Fashioned
Manhattan
Long Island Iced Tea
Sidecar
Mojito
Gimlet
Tom Collins
Cosmopolitan

Bonus Points if they can do: Sazerac, Rob Roy, Negroni, Whiskey Sour, Moscow Mule, White Russian, Bloody Mary, and various layered shots.
My brother, who bartends, tells me these are the drinks that you should know if you work at any place nicer than a dive or a chain restaurant bar.

>pic related, my absolute favorite

martini cocktail is such a dick.
everyone wants theyr fookin' martini, muh vermouth dry layer into martini glass, muh lemon peel squeezed, muh olive garnish, muh lemon peel garnish, muh is not five part gin one part dry vermouth....
literally, fuck off. most faggot cocktail ever existed

Ok, bud. Slow down. There are a zillion ways to make a Martini, I was just saying they should be familiar with the idea and have their own variation.

Have you ever been to a place and ordered a Martini only to get something back with tequila and sweet vermouth with an olive floating in it? I have. I've also been to bars where they give me weird looks when I ask for a Margarita on the rocks and didn't know that a Daiquiri has rum in it.

Martinis are the best cocktails there is. They taste great, have the right amount of alcohol content, is not womanly, and isn't hard to make.

B52 (and it's versions)
Long Island
Mojito
Sazerac
Mint Julep
Mai Tai
Singapore Sling
Sex on the Beach

This is actually a good list, stolen!

>Basic bitch drinks: The Post

I don't drink and I've never drunk, but what does a Margarita taste like? It seems like a drink that would taste really sweet and good.

Did you read the OP?

>I can't read

National cocktail of my country
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorsh
>downing a FULL glass of it at one go
Tried that once at some point of my life. NEVER again.

Never saw any russian who really likes yorsh.

Horse jizz

Long Island Ice Teas fuck me up good and proper

I like anything coffee or chocolate like stuff in it.

Yes, retard

My favorite, although I prefer it without lemon juice.

see,

What kind of retarded fag puts a green olive "with red center" in a tequila sunrise?

Knob Creek

Honestly, a White Russian has a higher likelihood of being ordered than a Sidecar, or even a traditional daiquiri. Of course it depends on where you work and live, but in my experience most people don't know anything about brandy/cognac and even less about cocktails made with them.

Learn to do a Sour, an Old-Fasioned, and a Fizz. After that it's just learning what to swap when.

They misspelled vodka in the screwdriver recipe

I've always made Moscow mules with lime, not lemon. But this still sounds good. Recently I've been substituting jameson for the vodka. I've heard it called a "jameson and ginger" or a "Irish mule". Either way it is delicious. Espically with a very strong ginger beer and lots of lime.

Long Island Iced Tea
Moscow/Irish Mule
Manhattan
Margarita
Blood Mary

that's really all I drink

>Irish car bomb
How to ruin 2 perfectly good drinks.

the only "cocktails" you "need" to know are:

A) the ones you personally like

and

B) the simple main stream 2 ingredient ones like a martini

>b-but you need at least three ingredients to be a cocktail

stfu, a cocktail just means you aren't drinking it straight

You don't get to revise history because you're an autist, retard

Cumshot

1 condensed milk
1 milk cream(is that what you call it?)
1/2 cocoa liquor
1/4 vodka

blend everything in the blender(is that what you call it?)

Bloody Mary
Pina Colada
Margarita
Black/White Russian
Martini
Brown Derby
Zombie
Sex on the Beach
Screaming Orgasm
Fruit Punch and flaming shots for truly out of control parties.

caipirinha represent

Vodka + beer seems like it would get you right fucked up very quickly

who is this?

Ctrl-F
>Mimosa
>Phrase not found
And the list is pretty much complete right? Everyone has pretty much said everything all ready.

Manhattan is GOAT

btw what are the best bourbons/ryes for Manhattans? Bonus points for good vermouth & bitters recs, too, and any variations you guys like.

none, thats what bartenders are for, if you are drinking cocktails at home, you are an alcoholic, have beer or wine at home

Sidecar
G&T
Whiskey sour

what would you call a cocktail?

Bitters are easy, just get angostura. Vermouth I'm also interested to hear opinions on. Redpill me Veeky Forums I know next to nothing about vermouth.

The Aunt Roberta
1 shots Brandy
3 shots Vodka
2 shots Absinthe
1.5 shots Gin
1 shots Blackberry Liqueur

Pour all ingredients into a shaker with ice. Shake well then strain into chilled cocktail glass.

Drink a second one and die.

i usually use Cinzano, works well enough for me, but in a previous thread on Veeky Forums Noilly Prat seemed to be a favorite (though I had heard negative things about them). nearly everyone dismissed Martini & Rossi though, and i tend to agree. while their dry vermouth wasn't too bad, their sweet was pretty terrible imo.

but personally, i'm more or less clueless as to what makes a vermouth good other than thinking it tastes good or not

>weird looks when I ask for a Margarita
Unless the place is advertising or known for margaritas, I don't ask for them. Same with most other cocktails. Don't order them out and you won't be disappointed when you get half a shot worth of liquor in a drink you paid $10 for.

>order Scotch & Soda
>get a Scotch & Cola instead

this has happened so many times

Any cocktail invented after 1940 is garbage-tier.

Every drink worth doing had been done by then, with the bonus of the people alive in that time appreciating simplicity and what alcohol is supposed to taste like.

Samefags gonna samefag

for some dumb reason i used to think vodka sodas were vodka and sprite/7up until I ordered one and got a particularly ill-balanced vodka and soda water.

Ironic, since pre-1940s was Prohibition and cocktails of the era were invented to cover up the intolerable bathtub liquors they had access to.

Vodka and blue Gatorade. Really helps with my hangovers from the night before and gets me started early. Really puts some pep in my step

I remember trying a white russian while high after watching the big lebowski... that was a mistake. it made the taste incredibly intense, I couldn't stand it.

how poorly did you make it? white russians are pretty easy to drink imo

If it's prepared correctly it should be very smooth, just barely sweet with a noticeable taste of lime juice, most importantly you shouldn't be able to discern the taste of alcohol in it unless you were trying to

into a cocktail shaker:
Crushed ice
2 shots tequila
1 shot lime juice
half shot of cointreau (orange liqueur)
teaspoon of agave syrup

shake well and serve

A retardo:

5 ml sodium GHB
1.5 oz lime juice

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fine_Art_of_Mixing_Drinks#Six_basic_drinks

>that webm
He does that on purpose, right?

how does one "release orange peel oils"?

That's a weird step I've never heard of that, I personally just use a citrus bar tool and make a twist. Anyway I looked it up and I think I'll try it out next time around.

Cut a round "coin" of orange peel, at least an inch in diameter. This time, don't worry too much about getting some of the pith. A thicker piece of peel is easier to squeeze over a lit match.
Light a match; hold the lit match several inches above the cocktail.
Hold the orange peel colored side down, about two inches above the lit match. (If you wind up with match soot on the peel, you held the peel too close to the flame.) I prefer to wave the peel slowly over the match for a couple of seconds, to help warm the oil so it lights more easily, but this isn't always necessary.
Twist and squeeze the peel over the lit match. I like to snap my forefinger and thumb together pretty sharply and strongly to press out a lot of oil quickly.
Rub the peel around the rim of the glass. Drop the twist into the drink or discard.

A mule is way better than a Caipirinha
Cachasa is maybe the best way to get sick over sugar content

Bulleit, Buffalo Trace, I'm drinking this reasonably priced Cooper's Craft and it's just the right amount of astringent to be good by itself or in a cocktail with just a few ingredients.
I'm having a Summer Corvette, minus the tequila and it's pretty refreshing.

I almost didn't notice the pony stuff.
Almost.

Same. I got to Speed Demon when I realized.
Still, the drinks sound pretty good.

I live in the deep south. Way down in our Beloved Dixie the merciless climate precludes cocktails with dairy. It's always an option, yet you'll live to regret such a dastardly choice.

WODKA
O
D
K
A