What does Veeky Forums think about Carnitas?

What does Veeky Forums think about Carnitas?

it's alright

smoking is my preferred method

Most reliably good meat at any Mexican restaurant. When it doubt order carnitas.

they're made of little meats

I don't trust mexicans to prepare food.
Mostly because I like not being diseased.

your missing out senpi

I'm not a big fan of the type of carnitas in the picture. I live in a border city and here they dice the pork, boil it until its tender and fry it in lard.
You end up with kinda crunchy, kinda salty, very tender pork that typically gets served with an Arbol salsa or pico de gallo.

I get carnitas 3/5 trips to a mexican restaurant. Gotta make sure they come with tortillas

I dunno because I always go for carne asada

Hnnnng my dick. That sounds delicious. What border town? Tj? Jz?

Probably 80% of fine cooking in restaurants is performed by Mexicans.

Los Angeles

where? I live in LA and most of the carnitas I see is just like the picture here

Well if people were getting sick, they wouldn't be in business. The only restaurants that can get away with that are tourist traps from what I've seen, because no one can stick around long enough to raise a fuss.

You're right to be suspicious of carnitas since it's slow cooked at a low temp and it's pork, but I eat it at just about every shitty Mexican place I go to and it's never messed me up. And I do not have an iron stomach when it comes to tainted meat, when I get sick I practically need a cholera bed.

What's the difference this and pull pork? The sauce?

Easier to make than proper pulled pork and almost as tasty.

Carnitas el momo has the best Carnitas in LA

no sauce, its pulled pork thats fried before serving

its typically heavily marinaded and also fried with onions amd peppers though , right ?

I am a fan.

When I'm in the mood for carnitas, which is seldomly, I thoroughly enjoy them

Before cooking

not really marinated just seasoned with standard mexican spices. typically they are fried by themselves

that sounds more like chicharrones than carnitas.

Carnitas usually have coke or condensed milk when made

It isn't pulled. It's served in chunks. And like user said it just gets a dry rub and is fried. In generic mex restaurants the entree usually has some bomb onions and peppers, yes. Almost as good as the meat itself.

This are typical in jalisco. However in michoacan just salt, water, and lard are added.

Ive also seen it pinkish color like pic related.

Will you please teach me to make the onion & pepper dish?

Some Mexicans make it with soy or maggi. \

Thats skin probably the ears and the stomach(buche). Lots of places only do pork choulder and picnic. The ones that truly specialize in carnitas usually have skin ears stomach snouts etc. i like my carnitas with mostly shoulder with one piece of ear or skin thrown in.

love carnitas, i make a ton and freeze some in tray sized slabs wrapped in foil, just unwrap and put in oven a few minutes then turn the broiler on and crisp em up a bit, so good and easy