How old were you when you learned calculus?

How old were you when you learned calculus?

Better late than never I suppose

17, like normal faggots

We finish high school at 18 here

I think I was 14 or 15

I'm 22 and never taken it. My high school didn't offer math beyond geometry and I wasn't allowed to take the SATs. I'm dropping out of college because it's too embarassing to be in a classroom with people who already have a good understanding of math and I'm still in precal

How did you guys learn calc when you were 15? My school only offered it to seniors.

I'll start right now.

I'm 21 and just finished precalc my dude
dont worry; the difference between finishing calc at 23 and 17 is six years .. that's the difference between being 76 and 70 years old

it makes no difference; you've got like 60+ years of life left the rush is autistic

Never have and never will

dk about others but i requested to be put in the class and self-taught myself concurrently

My district allowed freshmen to test into algebra 2 and then take an "accelerated" curriculum which squeezed precalc, AP calc AB and BC into two years so they can take multivariable and diffeqs senior year

In highscool, but it was shitty infinitesimal calculus.

Ever one gave me weird looks walking around middle school with multiple calculus books

Are you all referring to introductory calculus? Or proof based?

From Australia, I was in the advanced maths class. And had special tutoring from the school. Learned induction and logic and sequences etc at 13-15 calc 14/15 and took first year university maths concurrently with my year 12.

Literally didn't pay attention my whole first year of uni. I really don't understand the american school system with APs and Precalc and shit.

16 and I was self taught. Now I'm 17 and I'm going to learn LA this summer. I honestly don't understand why AP needs to be in the title of courses. None of the students are advanced in mathematics. Most of them actually complain about having to do math. That's probably why I'm alpha as fuck walking around with LA, multivariable calc, real analysis, and abstract algebra books while still being in high school. Yeah that's right I fuck undergrad math major chicks.

Please be bait

Could have learned at 17 but was too much of an edgelord to take math my senior year. Ended up being a math minor, ironically

Ok, I'll admit when I was typing this I got out of hand to make a meme but I do study these maths. I guess being Jewish makes me smarter than everyone. Kek.

SAT tests do not have calculus in it

13 when I started studying calculus. Put it to good use by becoming a physicist now.

You start to study calculus in highschool with Newton's Leibniz(German is such a beautiful language) theorem and it's when you're about 16 or 17 years old.

reported

this is not something anyone should care about

my 6 year old sister can do calculus top kek

Infinitesimal calculus was a great achievement of 20th century mathematics, your school just ruined it for you.

Dumb weeaboo

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

I'm 25 and I sort of have a grasp on algebra

I've never learned it. I only learned addition and subtraction and a little multiplying. I never need more than that. Humans specialize in things so other people don't have to perform that task. That's why you clean or mow lawns for a living, someone else manages a business, and some do math for their company. If I need something I don't know how to do, I ask someone who does know how or use a calculator where able.

6 years old. Trivial topic for simple minds

You do seem simple

I know to derive almost any function and also how to integrate many functions.

Do I know Calculus already?

Never did.

And for a non-simple mind it's non-trivial?

14 for Calc 15 for Calc 3

Jealousy is in the air.

14 I think.

Taught myself

t. 14 year old know-it-all

yes, Calculus. I know of this guy. He makes churros outside work. Mmhmm, Love Calculus. He's great

I don't remember because it was a while ago but most likely 12-14.

>you can only learn in school
2funny

>and that's when he said "I don't need a transcript, I taught myself"

>he doesn't learn the material before the year starts so he can have a better grasp on it and more time to master it

I was in university at 15. And I learned it from a book in high school anyway.

In this cock slinging contest I have micropenis

21 here taking it next term, precalc final this weekend. I agree with dubs man.

But hey had I not stoppped caring about school I was on track to learn it at 15

ITT: Liars

They are probably talking about knowing how to differentiate, integrate and make shitty optimization problems.

18 :3

15 i think.

>bawwww they're using the standard and widely-accepted definition of calculus instead of conforming to my rigorous baby rudin autism
kek

>brainlets complaining they don't get respect

how's stewart calculus coming along

Butthurt guy who didn't have the opportunity or drive to learn calculus only on detected

1st year of high school, so 13?

Fuck man. In order to excel in Mathematics in North America at an early age, you have to somehow find out you love Mathematics on your own and learn it by yourself. I didn't even learn the chain rule in highschool because I'm from some mining town in the middle of no where in Canada.

Just as a side note, I'm not actually that salty about it. I have on average like 50 or 60 more years to live and learn stuff.

What is calculus?

He didn't seem jealous to me at all. He seemed humble and down to earth in fact.

I don't really understand the point of this. That's a lot of effort just to obtain a few extra percent on your tests. Why don't you instead spend your time learning stuff you won't learn so that you learn more stuff? In fact, bonus if that other stuff intersects what you will be learning thus providing you with additional knowledge and a bonus head start on the material.

>highscool definition is the standard definition

I guess this is mostly true. I had the great fortune to be selected for an accelerated mathematics program sponsored by an internationally recognized university when I was in the 7th grade. If it weren't for that opportunity, the path would have been much slower.

Why is this board so obsessed with the age at which one learns calculus? This comes up in every other thread.

Insecurity though I have to admit I'm still interested in comparing this shit. It helps me stay motivated if I know how much more I can still do.

SAT has trig in it, I think, which wouldn't be covered in a typical American geometry course.

Probably a strive toward elitism. Most of the more "intelligent" boards do things of a similar manner. Veeky Forums and /mu/ do it as well to name a few.

Kill yourself. Like seriously, end it.

On ya captain

Kill yourself dude

I learned it at 19 in college.

The age at which you start doing something hardly matters, though, because someone could start something later than you and still be naturally better than you at it, and/or be a more efficient learner than you. Anyone who thinks it matters that they started at 15 rather than 25 is just jacking themselves off

I think I was 14 or so when I figured out derivatives by myself, in response to a middle school physics problem about acceleration.

5th grade actually. Weird, isn't it?

i started learning it by myself looking at my older sister's books

renal calculus

what do you mean by learn? parroting the formulas or fully understanding all the \epsilon, \delta proofs?

also what does understand mean? reproduce without nasty feelings?

as a fetus I calculated the volume of the womb

I took calculus at 18, but I didn't really retain the information.
I only started to understand it after taking vector calculus at 20.

I did the first approach in the two last years of high school
> derivatives: 16
> integration: 17
But the first serious, complete Calculus course I've taken was as a freshman. It included continuity (with theorems like Bolzano's) differentiation, integration, multivariable and vector calculus (all these things with theorems: MVT, implicit function theorem, inverse function theorem...) and stuff about sequences and series. It was viewed from a practical point of view but we did some of the proofs in class (not 100% rigorous though). Correct me if I'm wrong, I think this is what Americans call Calc 3. So I'd say:
> Calc 3: 18

21 and doing my last exam tomorrow, wish me luck

Luck is for those who need it, user.

Where is the border? At what point can I say that I know calc?

17-18, but I'm 21 and I feel like I've known it for far more than 3 years. Anybody else feel that way with different subjects?