How do you feel about Jas. Townsend and Son? His recipes are awesome as fuck especially Switchel...

How do you feel about Jas. Townsend and Son? His recipes are awesome as fuck especially Switchel. This guy is the Chef John of the 18th Century

youtube.com/watch?v=e8sPaesPOiU

He and his show are wonderful

lol so THIS is white culture? nice cabbage stew honkies

I laughed at that stupid honkey tamales recipe posted earlier this week. Literally tamales.

Also he is a huge sham and a phony. He has staff historians do all his research and can't even pronounce metis properly.

yeah but at the end of the day whites are still superior to us. "muh honky food" doesnt mean much, its the only thing we have against them. white people dide bring us bbq though, and mac and cheese, and baked potatoes. but its ok i plan to get a white wife one day and since im a light skinned spic well probably have a white baby.

>white people

>barbecue

>literally an anglicized form of a hispanized form of a native Caribbean word

>macaroni and obesity
>baked diabetes

lol no.

I've made the syllabub and the fried chicken. Both are awesome.

unless youre an actual diabetics baked potatoes mean nothing. if you care about glycemic index youre a retard. also the best barbecue ive had was in texas and nothing else tastes like texas bbq therefor its unique to the white boys down in texas, as its THEIR recipe. stop being an sjw and you may make more than 27k a year Patricio

>bbq
>mac n cheese
Oh yes indeed sir Gonzalez, truly the epitome of fine European fare.

Just like the height of Mexican cuisine is corn mold and nachos.

Neither of us are this stupid right?

those are my favorite white foods, i have to be honest those are the ones im most thankful for. but yeah uhhhh french onion soup and deer tastes real good too. tell me white man, what are the REAL white foods?

well...

Fondue

Do we need this thread every day?

Shills pretty hard with his products
Makes some fairly simple recipes you can easily do today, and some stuff that's more difficult mainly because it uses ingredients that aren't as common in the modern kitchen anymore. He's no master chef, and he seems to draw almost entirely from real life recipes or ideas for recipes from preserved cookbooks, and accounts of 18th and 19th c. food preparation. I have no idea how accurate his recipes or sources are though.

Most of what he makes seems relatively healthy compared to a lot of foods now. He uses more raw food than I think anyone who doesn't dedicate a significant amount of time to learning to cook. Then again, I know jackshit about cooking, so he might basically just be a well-shilling cooking channel with just a visual makeover.

>Shills pretty hard with his products
Well, I mean, that is the point of the channel.

Terrine
Coq au vin
Bouef bourgignon
Osso bucco & polenta
Venison & mushroom pie
Kotlety po kiev
Sirniky
Lasagne
Medovik
Knoeddel
Goulash
Cheese kransky
Split pea & ham soup
Scotch egg
Lutefisk
Gravlax
Bangers & mash with brown onion gravy
The list could go on forever, just ask yourself "What foods do white people eat?"

I've had actual Mexican cuisine made by Mexicans in my bumfuck nowhere country, not tex mex, so surely you can get hold of some European food.

Can you find any that weren't actually appropriated from other cultures?

Sure, not that cultural appropriation is a thing for well adjusted and intelligent people.

Cauliflower cheese
Most of the pastries were developed independently
Scotch broth
Black pudding
Aforementioned knoeddel
Baccala
Cawl
Lancashire hot pot
Rarebit
Duck confit
Whitebait chips
Borsch
Boyarsky salat

The ones the other fellow mentioned, southern bbq & macaroni cheese, actually draw influence from other nations.

Almost everything you have mentioned has a basis in food culture from PoC.

Impossible seeing as most of the ingredients involved couldn't be found outside of Europe for a large portion of those recipes' existence.

You're going to need a bigger bait for me, I'm a fat cunt.

>most of the ingredients involved couldn't be found outside of Europe
Like what?

lel

>When you get proven you have no culture
>"lel"

Cauliflower and beetroot off the top of my head, not sure about ones like turnip, swede, parsnip. Most populations outside of Europe also never evolved for the heavy dairy aspect of many European foods. I'd say the furthest reaches of these recipes are the Ural mountains, Greece & Cyprus. Arguably white.

This isn't /pol/ m8, folks aren't so easily triggered here.

>Arguably white
Why is it white people try and take in PoC's only when it works for there argument?

what the fuck is going on in this thread?

People who talk about a lack of culture are only the most culturally ignorant, considering that wherever you find societies you find culture. Even the most bumfuck African and Asian cesspits developed... cultures of sorts. Nothing in comparison to Greece, Rome, Byzantium, or the modern freight train of a civilisation we call 'the west', sure, but cultures all the same.

Just depends on your definition of white. No reason to be upset, friend))

He gives off a weird vibe to me personally but I quite enjoy watching them make stuff the old-timey way

Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls.

What do you mean? I really like his stuff and while the 2 minutes of shilling is a little annoying it's very much excusable considering the quality of the videos and the fact that he's shilling on topic stuff.

I don't think I can explain it, it's not the shilling though. Like a wrong Mr. Rogers kind of feeling, I don't know. It doesn't stop my enjoyment of the videos though.

lol, as a Tejano, I can tell you right now that Texas barbecue is 100% a vaquero thing.

lol please white Cowboys in Texas had just as much input

Can you imagine how bland and terrible cuisines would be if SJWs actually had their way with this cultural appropriation nonsense.

What white cowboys, exactly?

Sorry, but the definitive cattle ranch is the King Ranch. And the King Ranch was mostly Tejano men with Anglo leadership.

Fajita is the traditional Texas cut because that's the shit part that wouldn't see market, so Vaqueros got to get all the Fajita they wanted.

He's got this huge, fake smile. It's -too- enthusiastic for the subject matter he's talking about.

He doesn't even seem genuine. Of course, it's because he isn't. He's hardly a historian, he's a reenactor shill who hires historians to select his recipes.

whats wrong with shilling his own product?

It's real easy to tell when someone's faking their love for a subject in order to sell product.

This fag's faking and trying to shoehorn in his own 'artisanal' ingredients and pots and pans.

Fuck him.

Did he eat your dog or something? You seem far too out for the guy

Made that rye and cornmeal bread stuff. Was pretty gud

Gonna try some of the meat pies once I get a proper plate

If you followed him before the Reddit wave, you'd understand.

Similarly, you'd understand if you ever saw his privated videos.

The dude's a complete amateur, who started making all this hammy Q&A money grubbing shit en masse as soon as he realized he'd hit the Reddit gravy train.

I guess I'll reiterate with who the hell cares?

The recipes function, I learn some shit, and the persona in the vids is chill

Do you think that narrators in documentaries researched, filmed, edited, and broadcast everything themselves?

And boy oh boy, the historical recreation company that sells shit is making videos where they try and get you to buy their shit. This is groundbreaking news

Sorry, but being a profit-hungry shill churning out minimal-effort content isn't very entertaining or attractive.

He's not even sharing the history of the food anymore. At least some of his very early content was informative about methods and 17th century eating habits and proclivities.

Instead, he's just doing shitty Q&A videos about vegan versions of his recipes, and visiting OTHER people who actually know the history now.

His content has become basically non-content ever since his channel became big.

If he ever did a BLACKED scene, the black guys should dress up like slaves

I just tried that switchel recipe. It tastes like barbecue sauce.

Anyone ever been to the store in Indiana?

I have it's nice