What do you think are the three most important unresolved questions in science?

What do you think are the three most important unresolved questions in science?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller–Urey_experiment
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm a geology student, so I just know geology. But I think maybe unified field theory, dark matter, dark energy should be top 3 I guess?

In Geology it's the origin of Earth's water, the process that caused inorganic matter to become the first living cells, and ... well there's a few unanswered questions, depends on the branch of geology. I would like to know about EMORBs and porphyrys

ye, all that gravity related stuff.

Nuclear fusion's gotta be one of them

Not even close.

The biggest question in science -- ALL OF SCIENCE, is "Why?"

Just like...y'know..."Why?", you get what i'm saying? Why anything at all? Why not nothing?

Where does the hole in the donut go when you eat the donut?

gets recycled.

but into what?
space time?
Dark energy?
some other buzz word?

spoiler* CONSCIOUSNESS *spoiler

strawberry flavored space time. :)

Considering the hole is physically made of air, you will burp most of it back out into the atmosphere after some time.

The hole was really the outcome of the donut's creation
which told you, or rather, informed you
of a sort of GESTALT core of a larger spherical mass that was pitted in the middle like an avocado
except without even cutting it in half

Cold fusion

Why does Saturn have a hexagon on its butt?

Maybe there's a hexagon on YOUR butt.

Since Saturn is next to Uranus.

I'm of the belief that the donut was simply created around the hole. As a matter of fact that is why it's in the particular shape it's in. Very interest stuff really.

1. why does dark energy behave the way it does
2. P=NP
3. who was phone?

Is there something beyond our universe and can we fuck it up?
How to travel stars/galaxies/worlds?
How to immortality?
What is sentience, how common it is, how to make one?

>how to count?

They solved this on science channel, something to do with gas mixing at a boundary. It was replicated in the lab. Lol @ how the started the programme with "what if it's aliens?"
We can travel anywhere in the galaxy due to time dilation. it will just be a one way trip.

We know quite well how nuclear fusion works. What's the unresolved question?

Fuck the police

Show me your fleet

Just use a fission-fragment rocket to get to 0.5 c.

theory of aging

In humans?

Or in all organisms?

What did you think of the Mitochondrial Free Radical Theory of Aging?

What is a man ?

why do you have to constantly shit up the board with popsci nonsense?

Why is there something instead of nothing?

What is the origin of life?

What is consciousness?

How does the mind work ?

How do I legitimately increase my erect penis without surgery ?

How can I acquire a non-idiot lady willing to touch my penis ?

1: How to unify all of humanity to a common goal set for the future?
2: Barring accidents, how to become immortal?
3: How to colonize as much of the galaxy as possible?

>0.5c

Humanity will be extremely lucky to reach 0.1c with humans on board.

the orgin of life is simply evolving a vessel to carry genomes

I thought it was just a form of jet streams of different gases meeting. I remember reading somewhere that similar "hexagon" processes (I don't know the actual name) happen on earth but due to the topography of the planet they get interrupted so the full hexagon never forms. On a gaseous planet there's no planetary surface to stop the streams from doing their thing so they make a hexagon.

1. How gravity actually works
2. How to manipulate it

Not knowing the answer to these questions makes innumerable things far more difficult than they have to be. Mastery over gravity would allow us to easily half or quarter our energy consumption, far more easily get things out into space, and produce artificial gravity on spacecraft to prevent the negative effects of microgravity on the human body. It could also give us a much more effective form of propulsion.

Unfortunately, these two questions are probably two of the most difficult to answer.

Yeah but how exactly that first happened is an open question

h-h-hold on guuuys... g-guys hold my beer guys.. I got this

>1: How to unify all of humanity to a common goal set for the future?
one world government. one world country. restructure the global economic system, educational system, infrastructure and social norms/expectations. hide or desensitize them to or eradicate the things that separate them. ie: culture, beliefs, interests, age, gender, physical condition, sexuality etc. then spark their interest in something, give reasons to pursue it and show them the direction towards it.
>2: Barring accidents, how to become immortal?
Go into biology/biochem/biomech/bioengi/whatever and study hydras, worms and jelly fish n stuff.
>3: How to colonize as much of the galaxy as possible?
use worm holes and meme drives to colonize the 'low hanging fruit' planets of the galaxy then start teraforming

communist

Made my first game in vbasic with that backgroup op youre a cool guy

"Dark matter"?
""Dark energy""?
Quantum Gravity

>the process that caused inorganic matter to become the first living cells

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller–Urey_experiment

1. Dunno
2. Thunders place or palace? don't remember.
3. Depends on your surroundings

Heat loss

By muons.

IMO:
-Is the universe a simulation?
-How does the human brain work?
-Are we alone in the universe as a civilization?
An the list goes on.

I think those are it.

Answers to any one of them (except the third one maybe) would be humanity-altering.

>We can travel anywhere in the galaxy due to time dilation. it will just be a one way trip.
>Just use a fission-fragment rocket to get to 0.5 c.
At one g, it would take just over 6 months to reach 0.5c, and then tau is 0.866.
Traveling one light year would take 2 years to an outside observer, and about 21 months to those on board.

>anywhere in the galaxy
Even just getting to the galactic center would take 60,000 years to an outside observer, and almost 52000 years to those on board.

>it will just be a one way trip.
If the numbers worked in the first place, you could still get back, it would just be really far in the future when you got here.

Is it? Sorry the programme never specified the numbers.

>What do you think are the three most important unresolved questions in science?
1. What were the necessary conditions that gave birth to Universe we observe? Why was there something rather than nothing?
2. Is it possible to eliminate all barriers to human immortality, including the death of the Universe? If yes, then how? If no, then how many of them can be eradicated to extend human lifespan for as long as possible?
3. Which proven theoretical framework of physics would be capable to explain all aspects of the Universe with maximum accuracy?

Why?

women

These desu.

>is there a god
>why does the universe exist
>immortality
>(bonus: aliums)

1. Does God exist?
2. What is the ultimate fate of the universe?
3. Is time travel possible?

Why are people posing questions whose answers are obvious.
>god
>aliens
>conscioussness
>immortality

these are all obvious imo

>1. Does God exist?
No

>2. What is the ultimate fate of the universe?
To live and die, a never ending circle.

>3. Is time travel possible?
Theoretically you could use a wormhole to travel into the future.

What are Banach Spaces?

Does P=NP?

Is Mochizuki right?

Having a stable cycle, I guess, but that's definitely not one of the top 3 issus in science.

Unfortunately tau really sucks at having a major impact unless you are close to c.

1) what is the correct interpretation of quantum mechanics?
2) is spacetime emergent or fundamental?
3) how is GR to be reconciled with QFT?

>-Is the universe a simulation? (le maymay question)
Doesn't matter. Everything can be interpreted as an arbitrary simulation of something else.
Our universe could just be a complex computer itself running another simulation.
>-How does the human brain work?
Like any other animals'. a shitton of biological weighted 'fuzzy logic gates' and 'wires' As for how the different processes are generally mapped. I assume that is the actual question you're asking.
>-Are we alone in the universe as a civilization?
unlikely
If all three were answered; the third one would be the only one most people would even care about.

Are niggers human

Why are we pretending niggers are human

Where can we put all these niggers

By order of priority:

1. Is space degenerate?
2. Is space sexist?
3. Should space be more multicultural?

1: genocide of all races except the white

Get a neurology student and physics professor into an argument with one another and you'll have a vague notion of what human consciousness is, you're kind of shafted on the rest of those though.

Yes I am aware of that. It still does not answer the question. All they formed were simple amino acids.

Also if you study Earth science you'll learn that the experiment is flawed, Earth's atmosphere was not composed of water, methane, ammonia, and hydrogen as they thought back in 1950.

Because the fossil record contains no evidence of the first cells the question will likely never be answered.

YANG MILLS MASS GAP. its yang mills mass gap.

I want to understand how so much of our health, even mental health, can be connected to our gut biome. That's some incredibly complex systems analysis work and we may understand the brain before these long range effects.