Toasters All Suck

>toaster finally gives up the ghost and stops working
>look around for a new one
>cheap plastic chinese crap
>extremely overpriced polished steel "assembled by hand in Britain" chinese crap

Are there no good toasters left in man? Am I forever doomed to live a toastless life?

My bread is not toasted and I must eat.

Help me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qQalyTj9aY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're welcome.

>finally gives up its ghost and stops working
Is that a Ghost in the Shell reference?

And no I don't have any actual advice since I never make toast, only have a sandwich/panini thing-a-magig, sorry user

I will give you a bump because I like u

>extremely overpriced polished steel "assembled by hand in Britain" chinese crap

All of Dualit's parts are manufactured in China, and they have notorious failure rates on things like the plastic timer.

Mine is 6 years old, and still great.
Just don't turn the timer backwards.

This is what i use and it hasn't failed me yet.

Toasts evenly as well.

Wait for trump to impose import tax on shitty chinese plastic bullshit, and wait for good american manufactured appliances to come back. done

use the broiler/grill on your oven???

If you want to spend $200 on a fucking toaster
>that will probably still break because no one makes quality products anyway

Just get a toaster oven

>gives up the ghost
Maybe OP is Dutch

vertical toasters suck ass.
the design has flaws that cant be overcome. just get a toaster oven and do the manual labor yourself if you want perfectly toasted bread. you faggots need to stop thinking a machine will do the work for you. you have to put it in and watch it. is that so fucking hard?

>if it were made here, you couldnt afford it, thats why we cuck ourselves out to china! American stuff sucks anyway. :)
>illegals just do the jobs Americans dont wanna do! Our strawberries would just rot and grass would be unmowed forever if we didnt allow millions of illegal mexicans to stay here! Also, they work for so cheap!
what other (((MSM))) bullshit did I miss?

>if it were made here, you couldnt afford it, thats why we cuck ourselves out to china

A balance between that and domestic companies that produce toasters going out of business due to a mathematical inability to meet costs at the arbitrary price point you feel entitled to.

>Our strawberries would just rot and grass would be unmowed forever if we didnt allow millions of illegal mexicans to stay here

Probably not. Strawberries would simply cost a lot more -- alternatively, we might consume less strawberries. Lawn mowing services would cost more -- alternatively, we might stop bothering to have lawns.

It's called the Law of supply and demand for a reason, user-kun. Perhaps when you make it to college you'll learn about it in your economics courses.

op is dutch

I've still got my all metal, made in America toaster from the 50s. :^) Fuck chink shit.

My bad, my actual be from the 1960s :( Got a nice GE electric percolator from the 50s though.

Buy a breville toaster oven you dunce, almost nothing will ever be as cheap as it used to be.

Somewhat agree.

I make my toast by putting some butter in a pan until it melts, then coat my bread in it until browned on all sides.

>buying a new toaster
Listen toasters are bullshit appliances, you don't need a new one. Go to a pawn shop that has kitchenware and get a clean looking one. Around here we have a chain "cash converters" where junkies go to pawn stuff they stole from their families. It's all used stuff but it's got plenty of life in it yet.

Agreed toaster oven is superior but probably less energy efficient.

Ghost in the Toast

>Is that a Ghost in the Shell reference?
No, gives up the ghost is a common expression for dying (or catastrophic malfunction.) It's still used across most of the US.

Explain pls

youtube.com/watch?v=qQalyTj9aY4

There is the German expression "den Geist aufgeben", literally "to give up the ghost", which means to die or to break. It is commonly used to refer to a device or machine that stopped working. Apparently there is a similar figure of speech in Dutch.

Why are toaster threads allowed but rice cooker threads are not?

>de geest geven
I had no idea, and the biggest irony is that I've been living here for a while

Things that you learn from Veeky Forums

Nou, bedankt jongens

"Give up the ghost" is perfectly cromulent British English, but as I happen to also be learning Dutch this is useful information.

Toaster ovens have timers, so you don't really even have to watch it, depending on the setting.

Give up the ghost is a common expression in English as well, at least in America. Those other user are just retarded.

it would be more like spending 40 instead of 20 on a toaster that lasts 30 years instead of 11.5 months.

that is not an exaggeration of how industry used to be here. and who are the faggots saying that that can't happen again when we have vastly greater technology?

Even though it's a massive waste of energy, I use my normal oven to make toast. Much better than a toaster oven or toast machine.

gotta get one of those conveyor belt toasters

those are the shit

I do this as well.

Mostly because I freeze my bread, which only lasts a few days if kept out.

no it isn't liar

I just crank mine to full heat and watch it, it only takes like 3 minutes

If you really must have toast, it seems like spending a bit more to get a good toaster would be worthwhile.

Because of unwarranted elitism

You can toast bread in a pan, you know.

>OP actually believes this
How do you do, fellow kids?

A toaster oven is so much better. Uses fuckall energy by comparison, doesn't need an hour of preheating before actually being able to cook your bread, probably has a removable tray so you don't have to cancer yourself up to clean it up, and makes a perfect toast in 3-4 minutes instead of 15+.

>where junkies go to pawn stuff they stole from their families

kek. we have these in Canada. My dad bought me WWF undertakers greatest matches VHS from there back in '99

I fucking hate those, we have one my boss always insists on bringing to catering gigs and shit always gets stuck in it, catches fire and sets off smoke detectors

OP here. Using a pan isn't the same, you'll never be able to get the dry heat that toasting needs with a pan before you end up burning everything. Straight contact is too much to crisp it too, so you have to mediate with oil or butter and that doubly defeats the purpose and gives you soggy toast.

I saw pic related and did some test runs with a wire rack and my stove and produced "acceptable" toast though, so this is what I've ended up buying.

I've had a few bad toasters that are slow as shit, but I now use and Oster toaster, and the thing is pretty legit.

Use the broiler in your oven, dumbass.

>thats why we cuck ourselves out to china! American stuff sucks anyway.
Look. I know what you're saying but when you say things like "we cuck ourselves" I don't know. It takes the seriousness out of the situation that is actually happening. And here you are, jokingly debating it.

OH MAN CHICKEN BAKE IS $50 MEMBERSHIP GOOD FOR SURE

I support what you're doing.

If i didn't laugh about it I would cry

You don't need a membership to buy from the food section.

Use a frying pan like a real man.
Butter the toast and leave on medium heat for 40-60 seconds each side

My toaster oven has a toast setting with a timer I don't have to watch shit.

Plus you can make grilled cheese in it without burning down your house.

I'm telling you it just isn't the same. You're browning the butter, not the bread.

we use it in germany.

etwas (something) gibt den geist auf (give´s up it´s ghost).

still very common.

This. Toasters are idiotic and serve only one purpose. Whereas a toaster oven can make good toast and can also get my tendies crispy

sometimes you need one to get in, if the food place isn't outside

Buy a toaster oven

In Alaska all the food courts are inside and you still don't need a membership.

Just buy a toaster. They all do the same thing.