Terry Tao shilling for Hillary

Am I the only one who hates it when scientists venture into politics like pic related? Also, the blogpost is pure autism at its best.

Other urls found in this thread:

motls.blogspot.com/2016/06/donald-trump-is-fit-to-be-president.html#more
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck, now I can't respect this guy anymore.

>Not Donald Trump implies Hillary.

Sure thing brainlet.

Why is every single academic a leftist retard with no economic literacy or respect for the constitution?

Where the fuck does it say that he supports Hillary? He says Trump is unfit for presidency, something which every person with half a brain can tell you.

same

DELETE THIS REEEE

Maybe its the high IQs

him liking bernie would make me no longer respect him.

Visit his fucking page dipshits.

In a democracy people ought to have some political debate don't you think? I assume he's part of the people even though he's a scientist.

Wether it's good for him or his career is a different question (I personally wouldn't give my opinion about a subject like that on facebook).

Peer pressure probably. US universities were taken over by marxists in the '60s.

>Waaaah. A differing opinion.

Jesus Christ. You man-babies are just as bad as the rest of aids-ridden left and this new pants on head retarded "alt-right" when it comes to maturely reacting with a different political opinion.

And science is by nature political. Where the fuck do you think the money is coming from?

BASED Lubos Motl already wrote a reply

There's still nothing in there about him supporting Hillary—only that she provides a compelling argument for the ineptitude of Trump (with respect to presidency). Now there is a section where he says that in a two party system has faults and he does say he doesn't believe that Hillary is unqualified. That still doesn't not imply that he supports Hillary.

haha,
B A S E D
A
S
E
D

> Am I the only one who hates it when scientists venture into politics like pic related?

So you prefer they say nothing, vote against Trump in November and you can go on your angry tirade blaming just low iq and social welfare people for all your problems instead of the academia also?

This. Fuck Trump and Shillary

Tao's use of mathematical language to make an argument about politics, especially the play-politics presented by the old-style American media, is cringeworthy, offensive, and dimishes the reputation of everyone in the mathematics sciences.

motls.blogspot.com/2016/06/donald-trump-is-fit-to-be-president.html#more

Pretty fantastic response.

Lubos' analysis of what drives Trump's supporters is better than just about everything I've read from American political pundits.

This. I don't even like Trump but this is pretty spot on. His use of math jargon is just a veiled attempt at appeal to authority.

I understand that Tao is a smart guy and probably thinks quite highly of himself, justifiably so, but does he really think so little of everyone else that he thinks these transparent arguments will work?

this
but tao always seemed like a massive sperglord so i'll let it slide

/pol/ is on Veeky Forums now

fuck my face can you faggots leave nothing alone? donald trump and hillary clinton are both stinking sacks of hot fucking garbage; take this shit somewhere else

This is just analytic philosophy in a nutshell. This is why a lot of math and physics students do well in philosophy as well.

>Tao shot first

>someone somewhere on the internet that has a tertiary, tenuous tie to this malaysian lithograph-sharing website i visit has an opinion that i disagree with, and that gives me the prerogative and the duty to shitpost about it

> claims to use logic
> quotes a comedian

Yeah I fucking balked when he cited John Oliver in his proof of his 'proposition'. How autistic are you Tao.

Do you think the average /pol/lack knows who Tao is? Me neither. That's why the appropriate board in this case is Veeky Forums, especially since people have been sucking his dick on multiple occasions.

>/pol/ is on Veeky Forums now
Fuck off; this isn't even slightly /pol/.

When someone bastardizes the language of their field to try to push their points of view in other areas, they should get called on it.

>Fachidiot
Apt description

Would be hilarious if Trump attacked back on Twitter.

> push their point of view
> publishing on some blog site
That's literally what blogs are for.

>A guy with a fields medal disagrees with me
>All those academics are just brainwashed! Clearly I know better with my 90 IQ and 2 years of experience as a wage slave

What the fuck is your point?

It's a prominent mathematician trying to convince people that his political views are backed by his mathematical ability by dressing them up in mathematical language.

>some blog site
He announces mathematical results there that get linked from the AMS on a regular basis. If you were even halfassedly familiar with the guy, you'd know why what he's doing is shitty.

Inb4 BuzzFeed article titled "The World's Best Mathematician Proved Trump Is An Idiot Via Math And Shit"

It's his fucking blog. He can write whatever the fuck he wants.
Jesus Christ, you're like the people who complain whenever some scientist twitters something you don't like.
Appeal to authority is a fallacy for this exact reason.

> If you were even halfassedly familiar with the guy,
Nice try, but I'm smart enough to skip over articles I can tell I won't like by reading the title.

It's sad that you would be this affected by a famous mathematician having different political views than you. Why do people expect everyone to have the same ideals as themselves?

It's not his views that are being attacked, it's his methodology that's being attacked.