How do I make ground beef that doesn't suck?

How do I make ground beef that doesn't suck?

I've tried using recipes online, but the key to good texture on ground beef seems to be filler which simultaneously kills any flavorings. Seems to be a lose-lose. I can't seem to make something on par with fast food like Taco Time. I've tried.

How do you guys make tacos that don't feel like rubber granules and don't taste like boiled mystery meat

Yes I fail at life apparently. I can't make taco night appealing

buy non-shit quality mince and learn how to fucking cook you dunce

Literally just saute the beef with a packet of taco seasoning mixed in

Buy a fatty cut of beef and run it through a fine grinder 2-3 times. That way when you fry it, it will fall apart and have that fine texture that the taco places have.

>wanting to eat meat paste instead of having chunk of meat you can feel.

idk senpai, i crumble and fry tempeh for my tacos. it's got that ooh-mami flavor.

like what did that cow ever do to you, and you don't even appreciate it. "shit's rubbery and tastes of oats." not even remotely schway.

>run it through a fine grinder 2-3 times
>t fine texture
>rubbery

so... food processor or blender?

If you want a "chunk of meat" you don't buy ground meat dumbass. Get a filet and chop it by hand.

Processor.

Seasoning ratio:

1 x chilli powder
1 x cumin
1/4 x cayenne
1/2 x black pepper
salt to taste

Don't crowd your pan. Get it hot, and add just enough beef to cover 3/4 of the pan bottom, and add it slowly so as not to reduce the heat too much.

Most people have problems with ground beef because they add too much to the pan, which drops the temp of the pan, and ends up boiling the meat instead of actually browning the meat. Do it in batches if you need to, but don't crowd the pan.

> Get a filet and chop it by hand.
Hmmm.... problems with ground beef, or no, this is probably a better idea

>Don't crowd your pan.
I swear I'm not, but ground beef is REALLY hard to make attractive.

>make attractive
do you want to eat it or fuck it.

Trick to a good texture ground beef is high heat, low moisture. Non-stick pan preferred. If moisture starts to pool just dump it out and continue cooking. If you want a nice glaze consistency, add some sugar (brown). Crispy, overcook it; it's ground beef, don't worry about over cooking it.

Deep fry then mix with seasonings

Who the fuck thought tacos should have ground beef? Never been to one truck, stand, or restaurant that has any ground meat in their tacos.

you need to bring the heat up enough to brown it like you would a full hamburger patty. press it down on the pan, scrape and flip around, repeat.

It's delicious, so I don't see the problem, Paco.

I usually add cayenne pepper, black pepper, a pinch of kosher salt and some paprika to spice it up however a cheaper way would be to add some bbq sauce with a touch of sriracha at the end to give it zing.

taco time beef:
5lbs. ground beef
1lb. textured vegetable protein
taco seasoning
1c tomato paste
5-6c water

mix seasoning, vegetable protein, and water
refrigerate mix 5 min

place mix and beef in steam jacket on mid high
mix with paddle during cooking approx 10 min.
finished at 155F

taco time chicken:
5 lbs. cubed chicken breast
1c diced onion
.5c canned diced green chilis
.5c tomato based salsa
.25c canola oil

cook chicken on med high stir constantly to prevent burning
at 165f approx 8min add onion, chili, and salsa
mix until veg is warm ~2min
finished

sorry forgot to proofread tomato paste goes in the seasoning water before the fridge

canola oil goes in the skillet before the chicken

just in case

very high heat and fry in small batches, this way it gets crispy and tastes better, i also sometimes fry in chilioil

> can't make tacos
> filler
> holds a chain as a standard
You disgust me.

You're either buying cheap beef, and/or not breaking it up enough, and/or cooking it too long. Honestly, I don't know how to tell you what you're doing wrong because it's like stupid-easy to make taco meat.

I'm looking at your picture and your meat is indeed cluping together, but idk what your process is. It could very easily just be that you're not breaking it up enough, but that's assuming you're not buying shitty beef. You don't just put it in that pan and leave it on do you?

when I make tacos it's seriously
> get beef
> season
> fry until the split fucking second it's brown*
> leave in the grease and add flavors (chili, pepper, cumin, etc)
> saute for like one or two more minutes in these juices
> drain grease
> serve
*this includes consistently stirring and breaking the meat
My salsa is chunky, so adding solid onions/peppers to the beef would be redundant

Simmer it in spices and vegetables for at least 10 minutes. Let it soak it all up.

White suburban morons

>ground meat
>doesnt suck
???

Try this.

Mix lean beef with ground pork either 2:1 or 3:1 ratio
>there should be about 2 pounds of meat here.
Don't pour off the fat after browning it, or if necessary only pour off half
Add can of spicy V8
Add packet of any shitty taco seasoning
Add can of white or golden hominy after halfheartedly chopping
Add can of green chilies
Add 1/4 or less can of mustard greens
Add 1/2 diced up yellow onion
Cook the fuck out of it stirring as needed until it's just a tad wetter than paste

Remove from heat and stir occasionally. The liquid elements remaining will thicken and cling to the solid food long before it can completely cool. Place clumpy mess in hard taco shell or soft tortilla with other desired condiments and enjoy.

>The mustard greens play some weird trick with the fat and help ensure everything gets absorbed, I dunno.

2 lbs ground 80/20
1 med onion,diced
4 jalapeno, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
7 chipotle meco
2 tbsp black pepper, ground
2 tbsp cumin, ground
2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/4 cup corn meal
1/2 cup water
Smoked sea salt...about 4-5 tsp

Meat in a hot pan...
When its released some fat...add veggies.
When veggies are aromatic...add everything else.
Simmer a few minutes.
Done.

What the fuck are you even saying you retarded cuck