Tao on trump

It seems terry tao is not a fan of the donald:
terrytao.wordpress.com/2016/06/04/it-ought-to-be-common-knowledge-that-donald-trump-is-not-fit-for-the-presidency-of-the-united-states-of-america/

(comments section full of idiots who think that tao's use of 'Proposition' means that he thinks the statement is a logical fact, instead of treating it as a metaphor)

Other urls found in this thread:

motls.blogspot.de/2016/06/donald-trump-is-fit-to-be-president.html#more
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Stem kids trying to discuss social realms.

yep, Tao is a true retard. Why can Stem kids cannot stay in their autism through formal languages?

who cares

This is not even remotely relevant to this board

>wew

too much to read. Didn't bother.

>mathfags will defend this

This got deleted yesterday and will today. Back to your containment board, please.

Most scientists are left wing. Why is Veeky Forums always surprised when guys like wheels and Tao speak out against Trump?

>3rd time the SAME topic is created even though it's irrelevant to this board

kys

>implying Veeky Forums made this topic

Not realeted to Veeky Forums
Saged hidden

Well it's kind of interesting how the commenters assumes that because Tao uses the terminology of mathematics in the post, that must mean that he thinks the things he's saying are logical truths (I think it's pretty obvious he doesn't think that). There might be something interesting to say about the use of maths terminology a metaphor vs the autists (I'm thinking LessWrong types) who think they can literally 'prove' arguments about politics.

motls.blogspot.de/2016/06/donald-trump-is-fit-to-be-president.html#more

Tao got fucking #rekt by Motl.

404, substantial argument not found.

>because Tao uses the terminology of mathematics in the post, that must mean that he thinks the things he's saying are logical truths (I think it's pretty obvious he doesn't think that)
It doesn't help when he says things like
>I believe there are multiple proofs of Proposition 1.

It's the same kind of intellectual dishonesty behind the misuse/misrepresentation of (say) statistics for political gain

The susbstantial argument is that Trump being fit for president is not a matter of Tao's opinion, but solely determined by the election. Tao basically outed himself as an emeny of democracy by pretending that his own view is more important that the decision of the voters.

People also chose Hitler to rise to power.

Just because something is selected by the majority of people (heck, it might not even be the majority) doesn't mean that it's the correct option. And people are allowed to protest that.

With that being said, I'm kind of disappointed with Tao for mixing politics in its blog.

>pretending that his own view is more important that the decision of the voters.
No, he didn't.

Expressing your opinion =/= pretending it's more important than the decision of the voters

Yah, I agree with this. That might simply be the way he talks normally (I have a professor that talks weirdly "mathematicaly"). But as it is it stands as poorly constructed. Btw, I agree with what he says, I just think it's expressed strangely.

>Just because something is selected by the majority of people (heck, it might not even be the majority) doesn't mean that it's the correct option.
In a working democracy this is exactly what the 'correct' option is. The recent violence against Trump supports is incredibly worrying and as serious a threat against functioning democracy as they come.
>And people are allowed to protest that.
Not in a democratic society

off-topic sage

Did he commit voter fraud, or did he write a blog post?

So you are against democracy?

He wrote a blog post espousing an anti-democratic view.

>He wrote a blog post espousing an anti-democratic view.
No, he didn't. He wrote a blog post with his opinion. The free discussion of political ideas and opinions is a sign of a healthy democracy.

His opinion is anti-democratic, since it rejects the concept of elections.

Where does it do that?

>since it rejects the concept of elections.
what?

I won't bother doing it but you can just read the other posts on his blog to see if this is the case or not