Made a frittata for breakfast

Made a frittata for breakfast.

Post your breakfast/lunch/dinner rate other anons

are you sure your frittata's cooked?

my frittata is better than your frittata

That's the worst frittata I've seen in my life. It wouldn't even cross my mind to overcook eggs to such a degree.

what did you say about my eggs you little bitch?

Holy shit, I bet that tastes like sulfur.

Ease up on the cooking time, user.

Yes it was cooked through and was very tasty. I used 8 eggs, salt, pepper, parmesan, fresh basil, green/red peppers, jalapeno, and onion. I recently bought a new oven (Bosch 500 series convection) and I have been obsessed with making these.

As for yours, I am afraid it looks over cooked

What is this?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
FUCKING AMERICANNOTS

4/10. Overcooked.

1/10 what the fuck am I looking at

>cast iron pan
>eggs cooked to leather-like consistency

Are you posting someone else's photo or are you trying this hard to trigger us?

>frittata

disgusting

Frittatas are delicious and one of the best ways of eating eggs.

For me it's the McMuffin, the best fastfood sandwich

yeah it was my first attempt at frittata and it didn't taste great, but then it was made of eggs so what can you expect

(eggs taste like shit)

i only eat them bceuase i'm tryin ot get Veeky Forums

>eggs taste like shit

meh

maybe it's because i only started eating them at the age of like 19

Eggs are great when you don't overcook them, if your eggs are brown you've never eaten eggs correctly.

It's my breakfast.

fuck you

i've been eating them for five years at a range of levels of cookedness

they taste bad to me, end of story.

Is that a dog treat on the left?

Had a ham-mushroom-onion omelette, some porridge and an apple for lunch.

Lunch is lentil salad with cherry tomatoes and a dijonnaise dressing

You are a woman.

That looks good. 7/10

Maybe it's because you're overcooking them in a cast iron pan you fucking retard.

fake bacon

This was last night.

>Fondant potatoes (thanks chef john)
>Roasted broccoli
>Corn
>Beef/carrot/onion stir fry (carrots were undercooked)

Had a garlic/butter/wine/lemon sauce on the side.

1/2

2/2, sauce was added to this plate immediately after the picture

So it is a dog treat.

you could give it to a dog if you want i guess but it is manufactured, marketed and sold for human consumption. you could probably give a dog real bacon too.

Pretty standard breakfast. Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and green pepper

there's not enough salt in those lentils

what makes you say that?

i see your point now.

Missed your chance to say facon.

I honestly don't like eggs that much. Been eating them my whole life, but I have to make them well done.

American here, what's a good site with a decent recipe for this? Googling it gives me ingredients I simply don't have/cant afford with my budget

define "this"

ops image or something similar

Frittatas can have pretty much anything in them. It's eggs + whatever is dying in your fridge, at its essence... Some veggies, some meat if you have/want tp, some cheese, salt pepper...

You literally just beat some eggs, toss in whatever the fuck you want but onions, peppers, mushrooms are the most common, then dump that shit in a frying pan.

No recipe necessary.

Is the only thing different between this and a quiche the pie crust?

pretty much, yes,

Sweet, thanks man

Fry stuff up in a pan--whatever you want. Once it's cooked, beat eggs and pour the eggs in.

Ideally you'd cook partway in the pan then finish under the broiler, but I'm sure you could do a passable job just in the pan.

No, quiche has a bunch of shit like cream added to it to be much fluffier and lighter.

frittatas should have sour cream or creme fraiche

Both of these look and probably taste like shit. This is like when you want to make an omelet with 10 eggs but your pan is too small.

It doesn't need to, you can have a perfectly good pie with just eggs, too.

You disgust me.

That's not a quiche that's an egg pie.

You're welcome.

I've never heard the term eggpie. Anyway, if you've got plenty of filling in your pie, it's difficult to tell whether there's dairy in the mix or not.

That has nothing to do with what does and does not constitute a quiche hombre

>chocolate gravy

What?

Mine tasted great why so mean

I think it's kind of funny that the dog treats are made of actual bacon.

It's fucked up

Dinner

dude...

Uhh.... Veeky Forums? Are you guys okay? I'm not sure I've seen such a depressing thread before.

Anyway, here's mine.

I really like stir frying.

Eh, my dinner is just finishing up cooking, but I doubt I'll post a pic, because it's not that interesting.
>Poached salmon with lemon and rosemary
>Roasted broccoli
>Baked sweet potato with butter and s&p

I'm sure it's going to taste great, but it's not pic worthy.

Few nights back

we still don't seem to have an answer, what the actual fuck is this shit?

Get out, Guy Fieri

Hello old friend, I've missed you.

Added hummus to it, turned it up to an 11.

Recognized the plate?

I love hummus. Good choice.

homemade spicy curry hummus.

Cauliflower rice.

It's the best culinary discovery I've made this year.

Dinner: stewed pork ribs in hot sauce, boiled potatoes sprinkled with dill, salted herring with sliced pickled onion. Four shots of vodka.

Did you turn that one in the pan?

>porridge

That porridge looks gross. Dry and mushy with an unappealing colour like a sickly child.

Omelet looks okay though.

Is that fish floating in a bowl of milk?

No, that's just the color of the plate.

yeah it's pretty popular in the south and quite delicious

No. I started it in the pan on the gas stovetop for about a minute or 2. But then I finished it in the oven (took about 9 or 10 minutes). In retrospect I regret not finishing it under the broiler to make the parmesan golden.

Embarrassing.

NIXON
I
X
O
N

>being a weeaboo

kys

Only the best

I grew up with it.

overcooked as hell

OP here. Agreed on the overcooked bit. I think 15-20 minutes on 400 is way too long. I did mine on 400 and it took me 10. I would even consider switching the broiler on at the 7 minute mark or so to brown the cheese. But other than that I think that how to infographic is pretty good.

The best thing about frittatas is that you can use just about whatever leftover meat/cheese/vegetables you have. It's a meal I make with everything leftover. My favourite variations are tomato, basil, mushrooms. Alternatively you can use landjager sausages, onions, chillies, bell peppers, chives. It's all very good. Basil really is a delicious ingredient to add though. It gives the frittata this incredibly fresh uplifting taste.

Pierogis are so much work but glorious when fried in butter. Easy to reheat aswell.

>I think 15-20 minutes on 400 is way too long

Fuck yes it is.

When I make fritattas I cook the filling in the pan first. Then I add the eggs. I cook maybe 1-2 minutes in the pan, then stick it under the broiler for a similar amount of time.

Made a Lufsa today. It's basically grated potatoes, onions and spices in pancake batter topped with bacon.

Sad but I've been there.

Recipe?

This morning's breakfast.
Simple fried egg/ fried banana/ sauteed spinach with nutmeg, allspice, white pepper

Late lunch.

Looks real good aside from the burnt herbs still on it.

You burned the shit out of that egg.

Don't get me wrong, this dish looks amazing. I just wouldn't turn the heat so high when making an egg like that if I were you.

If your egg is bubbling too much, then it's too high. Turn the heat down so low that it barely bubbles- do this and cook it on super low heat for about 5 minutes. Your whites should turn out perfectly white and unburnt, kind of like what's in the picture, except the picture isn't done yet.

That egg is burnt to hell

Maybe he likes the egg crispy around the edges?

is white pepper good or even different from regular pepper? or is it just trendy expensive pepper, like Himalayan salt.