Good non-engineering major?

inb4 because it's pretty much exclusively relationship advice and should really be renamed to /rel/

I've been accepted as a student to an in-state university, but the admissions dean gave me a condition; my application wasn't outstanding enough to be able to transfer and keep my engineering major, so I can pick anything outside of the engineering college as my major. What do I go with?

gender studies

You can be accepted for transfer under the condition that you change your major? That's amazing. Enjoy stacking up debt while being forced into a career you don't want and weren't able to sufficiently plan for.

physics

This. Also, do yourself a favor and take a geology class. If you have a background for stuff like engineering and like geology, you can do geophysics which is fun as fuck.

Looks like you'll need an English degree.

>inb4
>no period at the end of sentence
>5-word sentence
>using adverbs

Ace your classes then resume your major.

>you're bad at English, major in that
>pedantic bullshit
>never seen shit writing on the internet before

I might do this, but for the sake of admissions, I have to declare another major coming in.

This has my interest piqued after my gen. ed physics course.

Fortunately, it's not much debt (

>my application wasn't outstanding enough to be able to transfer and keep my engineering major, so I can pick anything outside of the engineering college as my major

So you're from a community college? CC engineering classes are a joke and the credits probably wouldn't transfer over anyway forcing you to start from the 2nd year courses...

From a different 4-year. Gen. ed courses are transferring just fine.

How shitty were your grades?

Statistics

3.0/4.0

What's the job market like for that?

The job market for Statisticians is pretty darn good right now. You will easily find a job after graduation.

An alternative to Statistics is Economics, but I don't know much about the Econ job market.

I'll look into it. I'm going to try to worm my way back into CE, ultimately.

That's fair. Good luck, user.

Which CE? ChemE, CpE or CivilE?

Same story as you OP, and it makes me so fucking mad.
It's not fair, I pay my fucking tuition, so give me a fucking chance to show that I can be a engineer. If I fail like you're so sure I will, then so be it. I know I won't fail though, and that's what drives me crazy. I can be better than most, I just need a chance to show it.

CpE

I have a friend at a different uni doing CivilE, though. He seems to like it quite a bit.

I so fill you, user. Before this, due to some familial troubles, I had to sit out like four semesters of schooling and it irritated me to no end because I COULD do the work, and I WANTED to do the work, but I couldn't finance doing it. Now I can resume doing the work, but they doubt I can cut it in the field of my choice, when I so know I can.

Hopefully I can change back to CE after proving myself there, or get into a master's program at a different uni and shoot for something CE related there.

>I so fill you
I feel you, even! English was not my previos major, haha.

do quant

Chemistry, mathematics, or physics.

Quant?

Memes aside, I don't know if I could handle a pure math major.

why would he be able to do physics or maths but can't do engineering considering he has a background in it? I really don't follow, surely maths/physics entry requirements are high as well.

Engineering education is already mostly subsidized by the state.

And in any case if they accept retards then they waste a spot that could've gone to a non-retard that had a higher chance of graduating and eventually contributing to the economy.

College of engineering is getting more applications than they can handle.