What does Veeky Forums eat at work?

New job. Don't really have time to go out for lunch so we eat in our generic office break room. Been living of takeaway food for a while now because meh. Afraid of getting fat now..

Any ideas for work lunch? I need something easy to carry and at least remotely healthy. Thanks.

i dont have lunch because the soul crushing monotony ruins my appetite

I eat 3-4 mini packs of yogurt most days. It's pretty healthy I guess, and not expensive and quite convenient/easy to do.

I don't want to spend much time/money going out for lunch or preparing it, so this seems like a good alternative most days. Only eat out lunch at work maybe twice a month.

Literally anything. Get a lunchbox that can keep stuff cool and you don't even need a fridge. Otherwise sandwiches, soups, or salads.

We get catered to, so whatever looks good.

I work in an office too.

I bring a protein bar to work for lunch (make sure it's at least over 200 cals, plenty of protein). Then about an hour or two before I leave for the day, I have a snack (some nuts or dried fruit).

I was gaining weight when I started my office job until I stopped eating a heavy lunch and started eating small, healthy snacks throughout the day.

Office jockey here.

I have a protein shake and some almonds mixed with dried cranberries. It's a carryover from when I was a bartender. Zero effort, pretty healthy.

sandwiches or leftovers

When I was a wage slave I would make a pot of stirfry or soup and just take a thermos of it to work with me. Simple, easy, and one batch can last you 5 days.

VEGETABLE
PROTEIN
POSSIBLY GRAIN
POSSIBLY FRUIT

get a nice lunchbox to keep your food cold if there's no room in the fridge or you don't have access to one. Soups/stews make good leftovers, sandwiches, or a variety of snacks like summer sausage, some cheese, and some fruit/nuts to round it out.

I usually cook a few times a week and just take the leftovers for lunch.

Hey, me too.

>leftovers
literally nothing worse on this earth

Soy protein will fuck up your testosterone production.

as if you could tell the difference between fresh and reheated soup.

It's weird to find someone else like me.

same, when ever i am hungry at the office i just go smoke a cigarette instead

I can remember that I ate it yesterday though.

I'd rather just make a fresh meal every time I'm hungry

>I'd rather just make a fresh meal every time I'm hungry
Same.

anything you dont mind being microwaved from the night before

rice, meat, some carrots and a banana or apple

Breakfast: Cottage cheese with fruit
Lunch: cafeteria whatever
Dinner: snake with protein powder, kefir and chocolate low fat milk and whatever the kids didn't finish

Usually leftovers from the night before or shit I make specifically for work (chili, burritos, stir frys, soups. )

If you have access to a microwave get some tupperware.

Dried apricots and cashews.

meal prep dude

chicken and rice
or
meatballs and rice
or
taco salad
or
beans and rice
or
curry and rice

rice optional

veggies and dip on the side

a container of nuts to munch on throughout the day

meat and rice and veggies will take like an hour to prep for a week on sunday. make your life easier.

Found the IB/IT guy. Not even mad at all. Jelly confirmed.

Use the bento box philosophy

You eat a snake every night?

pic related is my favorite sandwich

but since winter is coming, try sardines and avocado

soup in a thermos on cold days
sandwich
or sushi from the shop down the road

I don't even know what IB/IT means. I'm just a researcher working for a small startup.

Work from home, so whatever I want.

Every other - on gym days.

>Buy tupperware/rubbermaid containers
>Buy crockpot
>Make stew/chili/whatever in a big batch on Sunday
>Divide into containers
>Awesome ready to eat lunch all week

If it's flavored yogurt doesn't that have a large amount of sugar?

only if it's shit tier "yogurt". buy a decent greek yogurt and strawberry or coconut flavor or whatever will be like 8g of sugar per 150ml serving (80-100 calorie serving). which isn't too bad. if you're cutting back on refined carbs then get plain greek yogurt, and drop some fruit or granola in it

>2 x Sandwich(Chicken Breast, Hummus and Cucumber)
>Breakfast Bar
>Banana

I've eaten this at lunch every day for around 15 years. Or roughly 3500 times.

What ever we are serving for the buffe or hamburgers

Security Guard.

PB banana sandwich with milk in a water bottle. Sometimes it'll be tuna or PBJ. Not very creative.

Bananas, apples, chocolate/salted peanut Sunbelt bars, two of each. I'm not that fat, but I'm the guy who needs a full stomach all the time, so I have to pack a lot.

This
Tbqh
Mi famalia

Doesn't this get unbearably soggy by lunch time or am I totally wrong?

Do you activate the almonds?

Mayo packets in desk drawer, bread in Ziploc, tomatoes in a separate Ziploc.

you madman.

At that point just get a mini fridge for your desk and keep it stocked.

I just bring chicken prepared however and some vegetable for lunch and dinner, and chicken salad or tuna for a snack. Occasionally mix it up with beef or turkey instead of chicken, BBQ if my dad has fired up the smoker recently.

I have to spend the majority of my time studying and I'm on keto so I think what I tend to make is exceptionally boring compared to what you can possibly make.

I usually cook a big pot of something or several small sides and eat those during the week. I like to make sure I have one fruit and some dark chocolate. I keep some pretzels in my work locker and I have a handful mid-day.

This week I have German potato salad, lemon green beans, fried chicken cutlets, and some brioche I made.

Often times I work close to 10 hours a day, and have to eat two meals at work. I work as a veterinary technician so I'm pretty active.

Pic is meatball subs I made one week - homemade bread and meatballs!

What , another autist ?

Ideal: leftovers +meal prep

Current: One PB cliffbar for breakfast, Pbj sandwich lunch. Half gallon of water

Before: one cig for breakfast. One Pbj sandwich+1cig for lunch

I can finally cook again this Saturday looking forward to no more pbj everyday

>Those crusts
Welcome to crumbcity.

If you're meh-lazy-mode, buy a bread that has some longer shelf life to do 5 days in a row. Flatout wraps and some tortilla-flatbread types are pretty much 100 cals or less and so diet friendly for you. Or just a major brand like pumpernickel rye which stays fresh all week.
Buy or make a chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad. (I go to publix, and like the chicken tarragon salad). Or pluck off some rotisserie chicken for a couple of days. Add a sliced tomato, or sliced cucumber, or handful of arugula, and it's gourmet. Make your roast on Sunday, use next couple of days in sandwiches. Park some salami, block cheese, goat cheese, or some cream cheese spread for the days when your prepared salad runs out. Roll up your wrap, park in a lunch cooler (insulated) with a frozen water bottle to keep it cold, a piece of whole fruit or chips, and enjoy in the afternoon when thawed.
It doesn't need to be more complicated than a sandwich/veg/fruit/starch each day. Think about your drink being a LaCroix water, or some iced tea you brewed the night before. I like a Tervis with ice to keep ice all day and top off with some more drink later. I like starbucks thermos for hot beverage days, or I keep some instant drink mixes at my desk to microwave in a work mug.

Leftovers or snacks. Occasionally food from the cafeteria if something good is on the menu. It also helps that I work with a bunch of middle aged women and they feed me on a regular basis

Brotip: Put a show or movie on your phone and watch it at lunch (+podcasts all day). It makes me forget I'm in a cubicle

>startup
>catering every day
Sounds like an awesome business plan!

11m in venture capital and massive value from products my man.

Get cultured, read a book nigga.

I read at night. It's hard to read and eat at the same time

Usually almonds and a granola/protein bar along with a bottle of water I refill once or twice.
I usually don't get a lunch break so I bring smaller things I can eat while working, but when I do work over 9 hours I'll buy some soup or get yogurt and a coffee.

I also commute to school so when I'm there I usually take a container of tomatoes, a bag of almonds or granola bar, a protein powder pack along with buying a salad and cookie for lunch in the cafeteria.

I believe the thread was about what Veeky Forums eats, not what Veeky Forums eats.

>people on Veeky Forums aren't allowed to be Veeky Forums as well

Ok.

Ofcourse you are. But it makes for an immensely boring and predictable meal plan.

Well all I can say then is that you'll never make it.

Ok.

Barley is pretty great too. If you get the hulled (not pearled) stuff, it retains a nice chewiness even when soaked in a soup.

I work at a grocery store and they have a microwave in the break room so I usually get a $1 TV dinner and a $1 drink; or if I'm feeling particularly hungry that day I spend $3 at the deli for a (~1 pound) hot plate of usually rice, meat, and beans instead of the TV dinner.

Is that homemade sushi? Shit, I don't know how to make a sushi but that is literally the worst looking sushi roll I have ever seen. I swear to god if you actually bought that shit...

Making sushi is trivial and anyone, even with no cooking experience whatsoever, can do it. Basically just cook the right kind of rice in rice vinegar, put rice on kelp, put ingredients, roll and cut slices. Done.

You can definitely tell the difference. Tastes better the next day.

Ok those subs are things of beauty.

I have a big appetite that I have to quell every couple of hours, so small snacks (cheese sticks, peanuts, peanut butter sandwich) are what I go for.

For lunch I do 2 cups of iceberg lettuce, ~1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, I'll throw in some croutons and a tuna packet. It's a banging salad that I came up with one day and works well for me. Filling but won't weight you down.

Elitist jackass. Some foods actually taste better second day.

And others, like chicken, become inedible.

Monday: Large McChicken® Meal, with Banana Milkshake, with Cheeseburger

Tuesday: Large BigMac® Meal, with Strawberry Milkshake, with Chickenburger

Wednesday: Large McChicken® Meal, with Banana Milkshake, with Cheeseburger

Thursday: Large BigMac® Meal, with Strawberry Milkshake, with Chickenburger

Friday: Large Chicken Legend®, with Chocolate Milkshake, with BigMac®

What a thrill...

What I have from waking up until I get out of work:

3 cigarettes
1 energy drink
2 protein bars

Having anything more than a salad and some fruit while working is counterproductive and dumb.

Instead reward yourself with good food after you finish.

I did that last summer. I read my kindle every day, but only during lunch breaks. By the end of summer, I've finished 4 or 5 books just from that.

I prefer chicken when it's hardened a bit.

>smoking
>food at work is dumb
k.

>NewYorkStyle.jpg
Get that shit outta' 'ere! There's only one way to eat a tomato sandwich, an'ats Chicago Style.

That doesn't sound healthy user

(You) should take better care of yourself

>ITT: A newfag tries to fit in.
Lurk moar.

Rice with veggies and tofu or leftovers, sometimes hummus with carrots and celery. I always bring a 48oz water bottle for my 8 hour shift.

why read a book when you can listen to a book

>Work

Well I don't own a microwave
Not sure if an open can of tuna with a spoon of mayo could be considered fresh meal tho

Pleb tier diet. Breakfast like a king and dinner like a nigger (poor person) is the diet of champions. Nobody should ever be eating a big ass meal before sleeping.

This thread surprisingly pleased me with the amount of people who do it right by hating leftovers or skipping lunch with a protein bar or something. Or at least going out.

Leftovers are fucking awful, and I stare at disdain with people who sit at their cube hunched over their miserable chicken and rice tupperware or whatever. That probably makes me secretly a dickhead, but I don't care. It's depressing to look at.

I mostly skip lunch, but go and spend some time out of the office with my time to refresh and prepare for the second half of the day, unless it's lunch with a partner we do business with. I'm also allowed to drink at lunch, so I'll go have a beer or two and watch ESPN or whatever, when the mood strikes.

Why do anything when you can kill yourself

Strangely, the people you're pitying for bringing their lunch actually enjoy it much more than your memefag "going out." I hope you make sure your hair is airbrushed to the requisite meme.

>giving this much of a shit about some rando and their lunch
Yeah, bro... THEY'RE the ones who are depressing... It's totally not you.

Yeah, I'm sure working through your lunch break and pounding away at the keyboard with microwaved shit you made three days ago is a lot more satisfying than going out and having a hot lunch or getting some time to yourself.

Stop kidding yourself.

>Leftovers for lunch are bad
>but beer for lunch is good

>microwaved shit you made three days ago
Keep moving those goalposts, friend.
People who bring their leftovers for lunch will almost always be eating leftovers from the day before.

Meal prep is literally leftovers, just leftovers you didn't eat the night before.

I mean, I'm admitting I'm a dickhead here, but I feel like everyone I know that brings lunch to work leads an extraordinarily boring or unhappy life.

Every time I talk to the "brings their lunch to work" crowd about their weekend, or their interests, or what they have planned with their life, the answer is some variation of "nothing."

I guess I get frustrated watching people live their lives in an endless routine with very little experience out of their safe zone.

>I feel like
Yeah, see that's exactly the thing here.
You're projecting.
It takes an extraordinarily boring or unhappy person to give a shit about what someone else brings to work for lunch.
Why do you think this thread even exists. Look at where we are.

You're retarded. Leftovers are fine. Wasting food is what children do, grow the fuck up.

Some foods are as good as leftovers as they were the night before. Sometimes they're even better. Beef, pork, and lamb do well as leftovers. Most soups, stews, chilis, curries, lasagna, meatloaf, pizza, casseroles, and many other dishes make great leftovers.

So while all these other people are enjoying their perfectly good leftovers they have because they know how to cook and have families to cook, you're sitting depressed in a bar drinking in the middle of the workday alone watching ESPN. Fucking sad.

Do you want to sit down and discuss your insecurities?

I'm observant, not boring or unhappy.

I'm not necessarily against leftovers - I wouldn't say you should trash food every night, or never eat at work. I'm just talking the daily leftovers or a full week of meal prep - it's completely lacking in excitement.

>muh family is so fulfilling defense

I'm not trolling here, but I sound like it. Families aren't all that satisfying, nor is eating the leftover portion of spaghetti you have from last night's bucket of nonsense you made.

This is probably the biggest dick I've ever sounded like, but at least I'm anonymous.

And a nice beer in the middle of the day is refreshing, while I hang out with my coworkers and talk about sports.

No, observant would imply that you're simply aware of it.
You actually let it bother you for literally no reason, adding stress and misery to your life which you don't even know for sure is real.
And by the way you've presented it here it seems like you're only doing it so you can elevate yourself above it and give yourself a pat on the back.
Live your own life and enjoy it instead of feeling sorry for others who literally don't give a shit what you think about their lunch.

Because your most exciting and life fulfilling moments come at a restaurant during your lunch break?

Yeah, you were projecting, because your life must be shit if that's the highlight of your day.

Neither of these are accurate, but I'll bail on the thread since I know this is an irrational thing. Just know that I could be working next to you, silently judging. Night folks, I promise I won't be an asshole in other threads.