Ask Me Anything

Hi, I'm Chef Daniel Stern, head chef at R2L in Philadelphia. Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

r2lrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/R2L-dinner-summer-2016-rev-4-price-2rev-3.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=nWAUCVbnDUg
r2lrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/bar-menu-2016-july-3.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=XFC_-lHWG28
youtube.com/watch?v=ReGsABWvhqg
youtube.com/watch?v=My2q6F0Dprk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can you post a picture of your kitchen gear with a timestamp please?

I have my trip on I thought that would be proof enough.

nope, we'll just need a timestamp for verification. you are the real Daniel Stern, aren't you?

How do you like your burgers?

How often should I replace kitchen sponges?

How much do you make?

Fuck off stupid roleplaying faggot.

Yes of course I am.

Medium rare

Once a day

Last question is private

What?

>Once a day
Is this a professional or personal kitchen answer?
That adds up real quick...

Personal. We can afford it.

For me it is the Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, the best fast food sandwich.

I meant to say professional.

cool thread

Thanks ask me anything

How do you like your 'za?

What is your opinion on rice lengths?
Other than cook time, are they a meme?

tell us about your progress upto this point, ie, from how you started out cooking to where you are now

I'm not much of pizza guy. Rice lengths are important they determine the consistency of the rice.

After earning my bachelor’s degree in Asian Studies and Religious Studies at Connecticut College, I moved to New York to pursue a master’s degree at Teachers College, Columbia University. While taking a break from school and exploring the world of teaching, I with the support of family and friends, realized that I had actually found my true passion way back when I was a teenager working in his mother’s bakery. So I set out to learn my craft from the best teachers I could find, including Rocco DiSpirito, Gray Kunz, Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Daniel Boulud. In the Summer of 2002, I was hired as the Executive Chef of Le Bec-Fin and led the kitchen to the reclaiming of its coveted 5th Mobil Star. In 2005, I ventured on my own with the nationally and internationally recognized Gayle, and then went on to create other renowned dining experiences with RAE and with MidAtlantic. R2L, which opened in January of 210 is now my home.

How often do you give it to your wife? Does she let you put it in her ass? How rare is her pussy?

What's the biggest bbc (big black cock) you've taken?

Favorite candybar?

your first kitchen position (excluding bakery) was as head chef?

Height?

How would a manlet (5'11") fare in the professional food industry?

What's the difference between a soup and a stew?

Payday

I was a line cook before

Don't want to say but height does not determine the success you'll achieve.

How do you know what 'za refers to?

>Payday
this guy

What is your name.

Favorite top ramen flavor and brand?

You got any tips for making toffee?

Johnathan Cena

Anthony Bourdain here, I fucking hate you.

Should I season my eggs before I hard boil them?

dude, you just copy-pasted that whole paragraph from their website.

Exposed.
Now sage goes in all field

A soup is a combination of vegetables, meat or fish cooked in liquid. A stew is any dish that's prepared by stewing - that is, the food is barely covered with liquid and simmered for a long time in a covered pot.

Fairly obvious I would think.

I don't go for instant ramen really.
Toffee with almonds is very underrated.

No.

It best tells my story what can I say? I wrote it after all.

How many illegals are you paying under the table?

How much cash income are you not reporting to the IRS?

What do I do with these bananas? I was thinking of chopping them, freezing them, and dipping them in melted, seasonal chocolate, then freezing again of course. Any tips with bananas? I've seen a lady cook beautiful banana pies with completely browned bananas.

And if personal questions aren't your thing, or you don't deal with bananas as head chef (I get that) let me ask this. Before handling any meat, and as a culinary chef, do you think it would be best for a chef to learn the anatomy of an animal before handling it? Or do you trust your dealers enough? Nomsayin?

Could you cook some delicious foods with nothing but wild ingredients while camping or hiking?
Would you eat an endangered species?
Could you cook human if you ABSOLUTELY HAD NO OTHER CHOICE and were going to die of starvation?
What's your favorite restaurant? Favorite fast food joint? Favorite movie about food? Got a favorite country for food and/or wine (beverages in general)? Favorite Youtuber? Can you recommend any food blogs? Give us the juicy details, nigga.

Why are you retards replying to an obvious roleplay thread and some retard pretending to be someone else?

Answer my goddamned question daniel stern
What is your name

I love cooking with bananas
Knowing anataomy is a good idea
I love to cook in the wild

>I love to cook in the wild
Bake?
or are you an ounce are pounds, pounds are pain lad?

Old habits die hard.

Yes

You can't really do yes to both... At least not at the same time.

Excuse me ?

It depends

baking in the wild? wild pies aren't made in the wild, you do know this, right? you rascal

Trees can be good shelter.

How important is the relationship between the chef and his/her/xi^10/apache workers?

Can we know what your specials this week are going to be?

who?

Very important
We have a Great bolognaise being made this week

What is the recipe you use for bolognaise sauce? Also, as much I wanna believe it really is you, I would really appreciate a timestamp for confirmation. Thanks.

Do you make your own alcoholic beverages like cider, wine, or beer? What's your poison after a hard week of work and nothing to do?

It's a private recipe

We do not
I like yuengling

holy guacamole, Italy - Bologna

How do you like your steak? Is medium rare really the "perfect steak"? I'm surprised that I've genuinely met some people who like their steak blue. Also, what is your opinion on chef Gordon Ramsay?

He's a national treasure
I like my steak well done with ketchup

>I like my steak well done with ketchup
Alright now I know for sure it's a troll. Abandon thread everyone.

>Charismatic guy and takes funny pics; that's our guy.

As a culinary artist and chef, do you ever think about what effect food has on the human body?

I want to cook quail, what's a good recipe you can recommend?

No

Quail baked in oven 2 hours with butter salt and pepper

Doh, just when I was going to start asking for music recommendations. What does a professional chef listen to in the free time you know? What music am I expecting at R2L?

Here's their dinner menu btw.
r2lrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/R2L-dinner-summer-2016-rev-4-price-2rev-3.pdf

Lobster macarooni and cheese, sounds dro as fuck

Hey OP, have you ever had truffles? Are they worth it?

Chopin

Truffles are a very nice

This is a gay thread

what mean "R2L"

how it was to work with Boulud and Vongerichten

>youtube.com/watch?v=nWAUCVbnDUg
Play some of this, Chef Sperm
Bar Menu
>r2lrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/bar-menu-2016-july-3.pdf

It's a secret

It was nice

Do you get drunk much faster at that high an altitude?
500 ft.?

Why would an actual chef be on Veeky Forums? Are you looking for ramen recipes?

gotchu senpai

I do love ramen

I was 13 and told my mom I wanted to be a chef when I got older. I was pretty set on it too, for the longest time. But she told me chefs are usually fat. As if that was going to stop me... I was already fat... heheheh....

Chef you can be anyone you want on here, and if you get caught saying anything bad, we'll take the heat. So how pretentious are your common customers...... Come on... get it off your chest...

>youtube.com/watch?v=XFC_-lHWG28

Do you enjoy eating food; like experimenting with new foods and new tastes?

They're nice and dilly

Someti
E

>youtube.com/watch?v=ReGsABWvhqg
>youtube.com/watch?v=My2q6F0Dprk

What's your favorite season?

I do love the Spain summer

>Role-playing

Okay.

How bad did I fuck up this brine?
1 cup of salt
1 gallon of water
>to
8 ounces of poultry

disregard the piss stained, dry wood flooring. i haven't lived the most lavish lifestyle these past few years

10/10 answer

Good

OP is cool. Cool thread.

Thanks