Post your favorite vegetable

Post your favorite vegetable.

Been pretty fond of these bad boys lately.

What is that shit?

That taste
That texture raw or cooked
That nutritional conent

Veggie soup ok?

How do I cook vegetables so that they no longer have that fibrous crunch?

I want to get more vegetables in my life so I can stop taking supplements but I just can't stand the way vegetables all have that weird crunch. It doesn't matter how fine you chop them or how long you cook them I can always feel them in the dish and it ruins my whole appetite. I don't mind the taste and I actually like the flavor of a lot of stuff but I just can't force myself to ignore the texture. So what can I do?

Grow up

I'm trying to, prick. You're asking me to literally like something I just don't like.

I'm sure your diet is free of all laughable decisions or childish habits.

Mine is cab bitch. Or perhaps the humble potato.

Potato isn't a vegetable.

Neither is corn before anyone mentions that.

ah yes fractal broccoli

The difference between liking and not liking things is mostly your own mental disposition going into the experience, which is under your control. You've accepted it as some kind of given that you will not enjoy the texture of vegetables. Go in with an open and positive attitude and you can begin to enjoy it.

He's right though. your tastes will change with age. Young people place more importance on texture vs taste than adults do. When you're older you won't care anymore.

You know full well he didn't mean it in a literal sense and he was being a smarmy cunt.

I do try things openly but as soon as that crunch hits my teeth I get a noticeable cringe like you do when you bite into something hard that's supposed to be soft.

you're a fucking faggot.

keep eating it until you like it.. i didn't like mushrooms. i didn't like oysters. i didn't like fish roe/caviar. i didn't like seaweed. i didn't like raw fish. i didn't like chicken liver. i didn't like offal pates. i didn't like foie gras. i didn't like headcheese, etc.

get over yourself. jesus christ, you can't even eat VEGETABLES?????

blend them. look up some baby food recipes

The best vegetable. The pods have a delicious sweetness and a satisfying crunch.

>tossed with chopped garlic, olive oil, salt and lemon zest, then roasted
>steamed then shaken in the steamer with oyster sauce and toasted sesame seeds
>sauted with some wine and butter in deglazed pan while meat is resting

>tfw someone serves me boiled overcooked broccoli

> Getting this anally angry over someone else's preferences

Laughinggirls.png

potato is great for you. nutrients, calories no fat no cholesterol

awwwwwwww yis motherfucking brussels sprouts.

nobody is saying potato isn't good for you. just that it isn't a vegetable.

Like how tomato isn't a vegetable. It's great, but it's a fruit.

No I literally meant grow up. You seriously can't handle something crunchy in your food? You sound like a fucking 8 year old.
Grow the fuck up.

It's not about something crunchy it's about the odd texture that most vegetables, especially ones like onions and peppers, all seem to have.

Good lord son there must be so many holes in those basement walls if you get this butt bothered over what other people like.

oh no...this discution again...

what discussion

That texture is what vegetables have. The clean feeling of high water content and fiber is what people crave. If you want to have an adult palette you need to get over your autism.

How do you eat usually?

>odd texture of most vegetables
>something crunchy

are you serious? how about fruits, can you handle eating an apple, or a pear? or how about potato chips? they "crunch".

Eggplant. Roasted or grilled. Sprinkle a bit of coarse salt on top of it. And maybe a dash of Cayenne. As always, enjoy.

>odd texture
What is odd about it? It's just crunchy and sometimes watery. You're dumb

Culinary vegetable, botanical fruit. There's nothing more to say

>Culinary vegetable, botanical fruit. There's nothing more to say
it is a fruit. nothing more to say.

does spinach count? i fucking love spinach

spinach counts, and spinach is the fucking best. good taste, user.

As someone else mentioned, you can blend the vegtables and fruits.

I like vegtables, however I still blend them sometimes to mix in with minced meat, or make creamy sauces and stews.
I do the same thing with herbs and fruits.

A botanical fruit, yes

Thanks for providing a legitimate answer instead of just being an obtuse prick.

Spinach for days

Dat flavor.

Dat versatility.

this and anything else orange colored, like yams, tangerines, pumpkins

Eggplant a shit

try making it in scrambled egg, oil in pan, roughly chopped broccoli, maybe some onions and the egg. Delicious.

Lately been eating Lots of Baby Bok Choy, Swiss Chard and asian Eggplant. That shit is Nice.

Hey, i wasn't being an obtuse prick telling you to look up baby food recipes, that's exactly what you're asking for.

I love them. One of my favourite ways is to have them with mushrooms and a sauce of sour cream and mustard.

fats are a good part of a balanced diet and dietary cholesterol intake is unrelated to serum cholesterol.

Man I fucking love aubergine

my answer.

one part that i think is overlooked is the stem. it's different from the rest of the broccoli head. it's sweet, crisp, and juicy.

you just gotta peel off the tough skin.

It's meme broccoli aka romanesco

Is Pluto a culinary planet?

cheap as fuck, makes a nice raw snack, good in gumbo, sauteed or fried

how it's not more popular is beyond me

The stem is great. Every time I cook broccoli I peel the stem and eat it raw with a little salt

what?

Apparently the way it can be kind of slimy bothers people.

I love okra though, good AF and stupidly prolific if you grow it.

if you toss the seeds in the ground here in north florida it pretty much takes over your yard

cooking it kills the slime factor but honestly that's one of the reasons I love it as a snack food, it has an interesting texture for sure

>Ctrl+F "asparagus"
>"0 of 0"

Eat shit, Veeky Forums

Since vegetable is purely a culinary term, with zero botanical basis, then by your logic there are no vegetables at all and we have to autistically refer to all plant based foods by their botanical parts. Except this is a culinary board.

you know, for someone who's trying so hard to be clever, you're really fucking dumb

Came for the brussels sprouts, not leaving disappointed.

its artichoke you dip

Roma Tomatoes

disregard all other tomatoes

user, I think you'll find...

L A Y E R S
A
Y
E
R
S

this. GOAT vegetable coming through

That's a fruit.

I want it to be spring so I can just walk into by woods and dig these fuckers up. Toss em on the grill till they're black, that's the stuff

KALE

These are fruit.

>I'm 11 and I just learned this thing

Next you'll be telling me pumpkin is a fruit!

What's considered a vegetable to you? Because I bet I could lable whatever you say as something else too. Try me. I'm smarter than you

Fruits are any part of the plant that bears seeds.
Vegetables are everything else.

Beans are a fruit.
Onions are not
Corn is a fruit
Potatoes are not
Coffee is fruit juice
Tea is vegetable juice.

It's just as much of a fruit as you are.

you a fruit

no u

Hey just came here to say carrots are not vegetables quite calling them that and cucumbers are a fruit

;_;

pussy

muh nigga

Mine nigga

Mime nigga.

easy

There is a vegetable that looks like thinner, shorter asparagus but I can't remember what it's called. I think the name starts with S.

Anyone know what i'm talking about?

Asparagus

Strawberries and Apples are fruits?

samphire?

holy shit, i kek'd

>I don't mind the taste and I actually like the flavor

wha?

Hell yeah, thanks.

Do you cut out the cores? I really love the taste of the leaves but the cores taste so bitter and disgusting and cutting them out is a fucking pain in the ass.

Wat do?

How do you prepare them? Prepared like that guy's picture, halved and roasted, the cores shouldn't be very bitter.

>2016
>tobacco

Man it would really be a pain in the ass going through a thing of brussels sprouts and cutting out the cores. I've honestly never even noticed that the cores taste any different than the rest of it, considering the entire thing is eaten in one bite.

good picks

fuck yeah onions are GOAT
i try to add them whenever appropriate, they can add so much to a meal

nyet

Came here to post this. Ended up checking these dubs too. Red onions are GOAT.

god i love stardew valley

Explain... Potato not a vegetable?

Underrated post.

Par at best.