I have a very specific diet and I need some good recipes for it

I have a very specific diet and I need some good recipes for it.

-no gluten
-no dairy(but I can have almond milk)
-most premade prices that that contain "natural flavor" or whatever makes me really sick, I need to put in spices separately
-low sugar

I'm really lazy and want to make meals for a few days for work and whatnot. But not have the meals be boring where I give up and buy fast food.

Any ideas guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

onearabvegan.com/2015/02/vegan-ghormeh-sabzi/
trifood.com/omurice.asp#.V-piS_ArKHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

raw carrots with almondmilk low sugar and spices put in seperately

I really fucking hate cats yet I wouldn't punt that one into traffic.
>d'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

gluten free sketti can be made in advance

i have a similar diet but can't offer any help because i cook and eat on demand.
stir fry rice dishes can be heated in the microwave. chicken sounds good.

What an ugly fucking cat

>gluten free sketti can be made in advance
Actually I thought have said that stuff makes me sick too.

I need moderate to low carb. With rice and possibly potatoes.

Is that your cat?
That kitty is so cute, I'm motivated to help you regardless of wether it's your cat or not... I am just curious.

Anyways, I need to get the hamster on the wheel in my head, as I brainlag hard at the moment to remember gluten-sugar-dairy free recipes.

I'm back now, I thought of one recipe:
onearabvegan.com/2015/02/vegan-ghormeh-sabzi/
-----------------------
^ that was according to the link, however I normally prepare my herb stew differently, since I don't have access to dried lime fruits and fenugreek. All the herbs can be bought as a mix in normal middle-eastern markets and shops, but I don't have any of those nearby so I buy what I can frozen and fresh.

Alternatively I make this dish at home, because it's easy:
cut potatoes into 1cm squares, and boil them. Then take a medium to large sized pot and:

3 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
>> put the oil in the pot and heat up
1 large onion finely chopped
>> put finely chopped onions in pot on high heat - stir till the onions are light brown-ish then turn heat off.
2 teaspoons of tumeric, half a teaspoon black pepper
>> mix the spices with the onions and oil, don't heat up yet..
1-2 handfuls finely chopped celery and leek
>> mix celery and leek with the onions and oil, heat up a little and somewhat saute the celery and leek.
3 cups of hot water ( I normally use the potato water, because it just adds extra starch and flavor)
>> let the celery and leek cook for about 5 min in the hot water.
2 handfuls of frozen spinach leaves (not chopped)
1 handful frozen finely chopped parsley
>> heat up and cook till whatever frozen is now boiling. stirr it a bit if needed.
>>take the potatoes out of the water they were boiled in, and put them into the stew. Let it cook further 5min so the potatoes take a bit taste from the herbs. After that, it's done....ready to eat.

If I go anywhere where I will need a lunch box, I will just pour it into a tupperware and take it with me like that ..+ a spoon to eat it with.

My mom would probably have boiled the potatoes in the stew pot instead, but her kitchen & tools are better than mine ...even a hobo got better access to kitchen utilities than me I believe x_x fml...

>Is that your cat?
no i wish

;.;

Beans and rice maing,

Chicken and broccoli.

>Chicken and broccoli.
and what else though?

It's a very cute cat though, I can't stop returning to this thread to look at it. Q.Q

Do you eat meat?
I recomended the vegan types of food, because they're easy and I wasn't sure wether you eat meat or not.

If you can have almond milk, you can have coconut milk. Buy a can of reduced fat coconut milk, use it as a replacement for an equal portion of the water when making rice. One can is just under two cups of water. I'm assuming you know how to make rice properly. You could add coconut milk and some artificial sweetener after, and eat it like cereal, or just eat it with fried sweet potatoes.

On that note, fry some sweet potatoes in coconut oil. Extra virgin coconut oil will impart a little extra pleasant taste, like you might otherwise get with butter. Despite the name, sweet potatoes have ~4 grams of sugar per 100 grams of sweet potato. ~20g carbs, whereas regular potatoes are ~17g. Cooked rice, as an aside, is ~28g carbs per 100g. In other words, you'll be fine.

Roast cauliflower with salt, pepper, and paprika. Alternatively, grate it into cauliflower rice and season with the same. I never get tired of that.

All of this microwaves very well.

>If you can have almond milk, you can have coconut milk. Buy a can of reduced fat coconut milk, use it as a replacement for an equal portion of the water when making rice. One can is just under two cups of water. I'm assuming you know how to make rice properly. You could add coconut milk and some artificial sweetener after, and eat it like cereal, or just eat it with fried sweet potatoes.
Honestly that sounds fucking disgusting.

>rice and coconut milk cereal
I actually hate the taste of coconut

>On that note, fry some sweet potatoes in coconut oil. Extra virgin coconut oil will impart a little extra pleasant taste, like you might otherwise get with butter. Despite the name, sweet potatoes have ~4 grams of sugar per 100 grams of sweet potato. ~20g carbs, whereas regular potatoes are ~17g. Cooked rice, as an aside, is ~28g carbs per 100g. In other words, you'll be fine.

Roast cauliflower with salt, pepper, and paprika. Alternatively, grate it into cauliflower rice and season with the same. I never get tired of that.

Seems okay but I can't eat this shit.

I'm too used to fast food, god damn I need good treats.

>Do you eat meat?
All the time.

omurice might be a good lunch you could make a few of all at once

trifood.com/omurice.asp#.V-piS_ArKHs

could add some soy sauce to get your salt fix.

salsa chicken might work too. two chicken breasts, some frozen corn maybe, some black beans, cooked or canned, and a jar of salsa. little water, put it in the slow cooker, shred chicken with fork after like three hours, stir it a bit, dole out into servings

oh, right, premade spices in the salsa, sorry

you could get around that by adding more water, cutting up tomato, and adding cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, about a teaspoon and a half of each, cut up green and red bell peppers, diced onion, two tablespoons of chili powder.

>trifood.com/omurice.asp#.V-piS_ArKHs
looks cool but is too complicated, I'd rather just mix all of the ingredients together

I know how to make breakfast with my diet.

My problem is lunch and dinner

I can use chicken beef and pork

>salsa chicken might work too. two chicken breasts, some frozen corn maybe, some black beans, cooked or canned, and a jar of salsa. little water, put it in the slow cooker, shred chicken with fork after like three hours, stir it a bit, dole out into servings
Where's carbs?
Also I need cruciferous veggies.

>I'd rather just mix all of the ingredients together
>Also I need cruciferous veggies.
Stir-fry, then. Buy some thin steak or chicken, at many grocery stores I see chicken, beef, and pork available already cut up in small strands specifically for stir-frying. Mix with broccoli, bok choy, napa cabbage, a tiny amount of fish sauce and toasted sesame oil, a clove or two of minced garlic, a little soy sauce at every step. Sesame oil isn't a cooking oil, it's just for smoky flavor, so use canola or something for the most part.Cook meat, remove meat, add vegetables, cook vegetables, add rice, cook a bit, re-add meat, dole out into servings. You can make a shitload of this stuff all at once in an hour or so.

>Where's carbs?
Corn is a carb source, user. Failing that, pour your serving over rice.

>Stir-fry, then. Buy some thin steak or chicken, at many grocery stores I see chicken, beef, and pork available already cut up in small strands specifically for stir-frying. Mix with broccoli, bok choy, napa cabbage, a tiny amount of fish sauce and toasted sesame oil, a clove or two of minced garlic, a little soy sauce at every step. Sesame oil isn't a cooking oil, it's just for smoky flavor, so use canola or something for the most part.Cook meat, remove meat, add vegetables, cook vegetables, add rice, cook a bit, re-add meat, dole out into servings. You can make a shitload of this stuff all at once in an hour or so.
Interesting and nice quints.

Every time I try to make stir fry I fuck it up?

What heat do I have it on?

Am I supposed to cover that shit for a while to let it cook?

How long do I have it on for?

They're either undercooked or soggy when I make them

pssssh.... nothin personnel... cat

Traditionally it's made at very high temperatures, consequently teflon or most non-stick stuff is less than ideal. No real need to buy a wok though. Just use a big pan if you want to make a lot at once. Don't cover it, because then you're basically steaming the vegetables, not frying them.

It's called stir-fry because you very much do have to constantly stir, or it'll get charred to all hell, due to the high heat. For the best texture, use rice that's had a day to sit in a bowl in the fridge, that way it'll all get less soggy because there will be less moisture in the rice. It sounds weird, but letting the rice sit is an important step.

The meat needs to be cooked until it hits 145 degrees F for beef and pork, and 165 degrees F for chicken, as it usually goes. The high heat and small pieces should give it some browning de facto if you're not using non-stick. If it's cut into chunks, great, take it off the heat every minute and stab it with the thermometer, if it's not cooked enough put it back in. If it's in strands, take it off the heat, fold it up so your thermometer can actually gauge its temperature, etc.

When it's cooked through, put it aside. Put in the vegetables, preferably cut up into chunks, just like the meat. If you don't want soggy, avoid frozen veggies. Get some fresh broccoli. I've noticed stores around me have started to offer pre-cut fresh broccoli florets at a premium, look around for a place that does that, maybe. The bok choy and napa cabbage you will probably have to do yourself, but for laziness' sake you can just break it apart with your hands and toss it in in inch or so chunks.

The veggie phase is the easiest one because you just cook it until it's as tender as you want it to be. Prod it with a fork, if it's crisp enough after just a minute, that's all that needs to be done. It's more about combining the flavors, so it really only needs to be as cooked as you want it to be.
[cont, sorry for long post]

You add some fish sauce and sesame oil in with the veggies, and you add more when you put in the rice and re-add the meat. You kind of want the strong flavors, assuming you like the specific strong flavors. You could also probably stand to add a splash of rice wine vinegar for a little sour kick, but again, not a lot. I would recommend that you try all this out on some plain rice before you spend money on veggies and find out you hate sesame oil though, assuming you've never had it before.

Anyway, it's the same thing for the rice, really. It's just cooked together for a couple minutes to let it absorb all the collective flavor and a bit of oil. I forgot the most important bits, actually

Use canola oil, or peanut oil, or something with a high smoke temp. You want high heat, but if it starts to smoke, you're just above where you want it to be, so dial it back a bit. Don't max your stove. Also, add more oil as you go along, when the stuff you're cooking starts to seem a bit dry. You don't want a ton, just enough to make sure it all looks a bit glossy.

Sorry I can't give you any specific measurements. I guess I could have just stopped at the bit about using a thermometer on the meat and said most of it's personal taste. But, it's too late for that now.