Oats or Grits?

Sup Veeky Forums.

Which do you prefer for breakfast?

Oats have more protein and fiber per serving, but there's just something about some creamy grits with butter and honey that makes me look forward to getting up in the morning.

I like my shrimp and grits, mmhmm

For breakfast:
1. grits, specifically with sausage gravy or cheese
2. farina, lightly sweetened
3. steel cut oats, sometimes made using the overnight method
4. rolled oats

are there even any popular ways to make sweet grits?

I've never seen grits sold around here.

I usually have oatmeal, but sometimes I pick up cream of wheat, or some other hot cereal for a change. Bob's Red Mill makes lots of neat multi grain cereals (corn, rice, barley, millet, etc).

If I feel like wasting money, I'll get some fancy flavoured instant oats.

>quaker

Vastly prefer grits, with some sharp cheddar, garlic powder, and butter, but usually eat oats cause they take a minute in the microwave.

Nigger spotted.

Grits because I like hot sauce for breakfast.

faggot with shit taste spotted

please make your way back to /b/

I'm a quaker oats kind of guy.
Never had any grits... How do they taste compared to oats?
Judging by the other comments, I'm guessing they're better with salt as opposed sugar.

I just prefer the texture of oats.
Grits always felt like something you should be drinking.

Did you add too much liquid?

>creamy grits with butter and honey
First of all, there is something seriously wrong with you. Sweet grits are a sin against nature.

Second, despite their almost entire lack of nutritional value grits are fucking delicious. Nothing like a hot bowl of grits with butter, salt, and pepper in the morning.

Bob's Red Mill grits are fucking fantastic.

pretty much. grits are cozy. they make me want a mammy to breastfeed me

Seems like they do make traditional white grits, but I can only ever find the yellow one (aka polenta).

I'm curious what the taste difference is.

polenta is made from corn, grits are not. Slightly thicker, very stereotypical corn texture with small lumps rather than the sort of gluey grits/oats. A little bit of butter and milk/cream and it reminds me a lot of mashed potatoes.

Grits are made from corn.

Grits, sugar n cream

>gluten-free oatmeal

No fucking shit.

White grits are usually made from hominy, not untreated corn.

That just means they were careful about contamination from other shit that causes allergies.

Steel cut oats. I like the texture better than regular oatmeal. I also feel like they fill me up more.