Is Tim Hortons the biggest meme establishment of the food world?

Is Tim Hortons the biggest meme establishment of the food world?

Used to go there to meet with my dad a lot before he would get chemo. Miss him.

Britbong here, visited Canada last summer for 3 weeks. Went to Tim Hortons several times.

I mean it's okay. Nothing amazing by any stretch but it is insanely cheap. Like $3 for two doughnuts and a massive coffee. Anybody who is obsessed with it is an idiot but I don't think it's that memey.

Starbucks is worse.

>meme

Fuck off, memeshitter.

Timbits is an objectively better name than "donut holes"

Meme restaurant with meme employees.

I rate it 6.3/10

Well shit.

Fuck man, you just reminded me of my uncle. We knew he was dying, I knew he was dying. The only think he could keep down was sweets. I would sneak him sweet even though the doctors told me not to. I was young. I still feel terrible because as I got older it made me feel like I was contributing to his death.

I'm sure it didn't make a difference user. You made him happy.

That't what I tell myself.

In N Out
White Castle
Wendy's

White Castle and Wendys are delicious you memer

I went while visiting Canada, it just seems like better mcdonalds breakfast without fountain sodas

Also why are all Canadian chain restaurants named after American states then a seemingly random food?

On the brightside your mcdonalds are much nicer than ours.

The baconator is the best burger on the market

They are fucking everywhere and when your province is cold and dark most of the time you need coffee.

>Also why are all Canadian chain restaurants named after American states then a seemingly random food?

I assume you are talking about new york fries. And the answer is the creators were crazy.

Tim Hortons has the best (chain) coffee I think, and it's the cheapest too. I really like their dark roast a lot.
Better than Starbucks by fucking miles.

I never end up eating there though. When I was younger and would unthinkingly inhale shit like donuts all the time I was a big fan of their Sour Cream Glazed cake donut. Loved that fucker.

Their menu is massive these days though and has all kinds of new/crazy stuff that I've never tried, even though I'm mildly curious. Has anyone had those filled cookies or "Tim's Signature" fancy donuts before?

>Better than Starbucks by fucking miles.
lol no. Tim Hortons coffee is candy. That why everyone who drinks it gets double double or worse. Even their dark roast hardly tastes like actual coffee.

Tied a Tims signature once. nothing special. tasted like their normal donuts just took more work to make (like was cut in half to put cream in the middle) and came in big box for just one.

They're just like the donuts but with extra icing or different filling, basically
Also for some reason it comes in a cardboard box, like you get a McDonald's burger in.

Not worth it honestly, just stick with the sour cream glazed. The salads suck, too McDonald's salads are way better. The wraps aren't bad and the potato wedges are nice, but I've never enjoyed the sandwiches.

I only ever get a cup of black coffee, no matter where I go.
So to me, Tim's black coffee > Starbucks black coffee, etc etc.

And I figured as much about the donuts, but I've seen a few new things that are tempting me. Red Velvet filled cookies.

Dip one in your coffee, m8
It's just fake "red velvet" flavor like cheap red velvet cakes

Timmies is fucking disgusting.

So, Tim Hortons is garbage tier.

I live where the chain started, and also where they test all the new shit because we have the most stores per capita.

The draw is that it's cheap, and sugary, therefore addicting.

Even stuff that isn't just a basic coffee or donut isn't any less expensive than other places, they were just the first to expand like they did.

Their coffee is garbage, I regularly hear people say they prefer mcdonalds coffee.

Their regular donuts are shit, there's a place that specifically makes gourmet donuts around here too, and they're fucking delicious, at least twice the size of Tim Hortons', and only a bit more than twice the price.

I can't see them staying in business for a lot longer, if places like this keep popping up. Unless they focus on poor people, like it seems they're doing, by throwing quality to the wind.

Hello fellow hamiltonian.

Guess I should have said near where it started.

I'm a bit south east of you, Niagara region.

Is it the right move for them to be pulling out of the US market and expanding into the UK instead?

The Tim's Signature donuts aren't good at all.

They're like the rest of them: clearly frozen, stale, with shitty icing (or maybe the retards at the one near me just don't know how to mix it).

They don't taste different from the regular ones at all, really.

Deadmeme5 loves it, so yes.

>Unless they focus on poor people, like it seems they're doing, by throwing quality to the wind.

that's been their strategy for years. except their prices aren't really that much more competitive, just enough to snare poor people. they also keep finding new and creative ways to jcut corners at every opportunity including using thinner papers cups and not including real milk in their milk based espresso beverages (they use fucking powdered milk).

Ah so that's why I've always hated their fucking lattes and espresso

One of the managers at a place I worked was very much hating on the donut place I was talking about with some other people in the break room.

She said she hadn't tried them, but knew they were like $2 each, so she never would. I also know this individual grew up poor, and still lives in the nicest poor neighbourhood in the city.

I explained they're like twice the size and they use higher quality ingredients, but she didn't give a shit.

So yeah, it's just old people that are in the poor mentality of "cheapest is best" without putting any thought towards cost versus quality.

Fuck, I've had some coffee that has appealed to me, but Tim's is some of the most vile swill I've ever subjected myself to.

the sad thing is they USED to have good espresso and latte. back when they first introduced them 5-6 years ago. they actually used REAL semi-automatic machines where the server had to tamp and pull the shot, froth the milk, etc. but then timmies realized they could make a shitton more money just selling regular watered down coffee like they always did and completely got rid of the scheme. they re-introduced latte and espresso 3 or so years ago when mcdonalds got into the game. except this time they brought full automachines. however timmies is too fucking cheap to use real milk and instead use fucking powdered in their god awful lattes. that's why they dust their drinks with powdered cocoa - a feeble attempt to mask the complete lack of flavour their lattes have.

>Powdered Cocoa dust
I don't think they even do that here

I also ordered a Pulled Pork wrap and instead of making it right or asking the manager the guy just put pork and cheese in a wrap, grilled it, and hid it in a to-go bag when I never asked to go

They made it right and gave me a free one, but come the fuck on man

That's because each store is ranked against one another in their service time.

If they're taking more than 30 seconds on average to serve a customer, they're given a lot of shit.

The aim is usually 23 seconds or so, but some places aim for faster.

It's why you'll never get a bagel with cream cheese where you've got an even spread, it's way faster to scoop some out, scrape it on the bread, throw the other half of the bagel on, toss it in the bag thing, and that's it.

Some are complete shit Coffee factories.

One near me gets super pissed if you order food. They fuck it up and still charge you and if you complain they screech that you are banned. Some areunderstaffed and they cut corners all over the place.

>there will never be a Tim Hortons in the US
just kill me

eh no

eh no

That's because each store is ranked against one another in their service time.

If they're taking more than 30 seconds on average to serve a customer, they're given a lot of shit.

The aim is usually 23 seconds or so, but some places aim for faster.

It's why you'll never get a bagel with cream cheese where you've got an even spread, it's way faster to scoop some out, scrape it on the bread, throw the other half of the bagel on, toss it in the bag thing, and that's it.

There are 10+ in NYC alone

Timmies donuts are TERRIBLE.

How can you sell donuts if you don't even have a deep fryer in your store to cook them ??? They are straight out of a box.

They were obviously cooked at some point.

New york fries, boston pizza, Philadelphia wings(? It was Philadelphia something) and Montana's

That's just what I saw my two days there

they used to be better... their rise to power was like wild fire, Robins Donuts and Country Time evaporated. I wish time could be turned back so there was more variety again, maybe not better, but different places. It seems souless now, but at a time it was a fairly snazzy coffee haus

Yes, Tim Hortons donuts are disgusting.

Not as many established donut places to compete with in the U.K.

American donut places don't have the existing network they can leverage to set up shop in Europe like Tim Horton does (Burger King bought out Tim Horton).

They tried franchising in New England and got kicked out pretty quickly.

canadian here. i'll fight every fuckin one of yas that says timmies is shit. 1v1 me ya fuckin goofs

the border towns contain timmies

a week before at their donut factory

wendy's is one of the best fast food places

Dark roast is good, so are the bagels, and some of the sandwiches. Its also everywhere in Canada and super cheap. I lived in a town of 4000 people and we had 3 Tim Horton's.

>there's a place that specifically makes gourmet donuts around here too,
where?

I asked him what happened and he just shrugged and said "to be honest I didn't know the recipe"

Timmy Ho's employee here. I work at one in the metro detroit area. I hate it, all of our food sucks, our donuts suck, and our coffee sucks. I've heard it's much better in Canada.

You really get what you pay for.

I enjoy them, though. It really is tradition here in the great white north, at least around these parts. Going to the mall? Timmies. Taking a bus trip somewhere? Timmies. Moving? Timmies. Going for a walk around the park? Timmies.

It's not that Tim Horton's is good, it's just that it's cheap, everywhere and serves a bit of everything you could want in a take away place.

>Cheap shitty coffee or soda
>doughnuts and cookies
>sandwiches and wraps
>hot soup
>Usually the last place still open late at night

>tradition

more like cheap and ubiquitous.

there's like two other coffee shops in my city, starbucks and some family run place. both are out of the way and expensive.

They're open 24 hours a day here. It's fantastic.

Probably not by much.

Literally the worst Canadian PM we had in years, even Trudeau is not as shit

go back to /pol/ you commie shitbag

I work at a Tim Hotons in Canada. It's really not that great. I've always wanted to try Dunken Donuts or whatever they're called

>im Hortons has the best (chain) coffee I think, and it's the cheapest too

ALL DAT SHIT TASTE DETECTED. McD has had the best coffee since they stole Tim Hortons supplier right out from under them. Timmies "Dark Roast" is bullshit spin they created to cover up the fact they lost their main coffee roaster. Tim Hortons coffee has sucked ever since!

Good donuts, awful coffee.

>/pol/
>commie

sorry the ol american red scare still has its evil paws on you

I think you got that backwards.
The donuts are dogshit.

Albertan here
Its definitively a meme, however they are open late (or 24 hours) which is nice.
They also have a 2 on my uni campus and cannot argue with a large coffee for about 2 dollars.
I usually end up going to the cookies by George that is also on campus though. I like their coffee better.

I think Tim Hortins somehow brainwashed an entire nation into defining themselves with their mediocre coffee. Which is impressive.

it's Canada's very own Starbucks

I miss Robin donuts and Country time. But I still have my Tims 1-3 times a day :)

We have Starbucks here as well. Its probably as popular or even more popular than tims at least on campus. So its a double meme

How a person can enjoy a coffee with more sugar than a bottle of coke is beyond me

A fellow Alberta who appreciates tourettes guy.
BASED
A
S
E
D

robins are goat. toasted coconut donuts are something i crave every few weeks and i'm rarely disappointed when i stop at robins. i wish they still had peanut coated donuts but with all this awareness about peanut allergies nowadays they stopped offering them years ago

Robins still exists in Canada???
i haven't seen one since I was a wee fella

My man

yeah, couple in winnipeg and looking at their site they're dotted all over the prairies at least

I've considered making a pilgrimage to Thunder Bay or Sault St. Marie a couple times, but figured I'll pass by one eventually. Think they exist on the east coast as well.

They used to have cheddar cheese bagels and cream-filled donuts. I miss the cheeky robin emblem as well

This has to be bait. Harper was our last hope

RIP

>I can't see them staying in business for a lot longer, if places like this keep popping up.

They're going to be around forever because Canadians are schizophrenic dolts who cherish so-called staples of Canadian identity (which are just consumeristic crap like franchises and hockey teams) while bending over backwards to accept literally anyone with a pulse from the furthest reaches of the Earth and diluting its European/Aboriginal demographics/culture

fpbp

This is the Dunkin Donuts business model. I'm pretty sure the donuts get shipped to them frozen and they just thaw them for sale. They don't even look good. They look bland and lifeless. How the fuck you gonna have "donuts" in your franchise name and not even cook the fuckin donuts.

>you will never go back to the glory days of tim hortons before they got bought out by wendys

I think there's one in NYC Penn Station

>How the fuck you gonna have "donuts" in your franchise name and not even cook the fuckin donuts.
Because its cheaper and harder to fuck up.
I used to bake at a Tims and it basically goes
>get frozen doughs from freezer
>arrange them in a tray
>throw into oven
>take out and either let it sit for a second or dip in glaze for glazed donuts
>proceed to add associated filling, glaze, coconut, sugar, etc,

i actually like the honey crullers. are they made the same way? they seem like they were actually fried.

It's easy to see how they brainwashed it into a Canadian thing.
>Founded by a hockey player.
>Canadian ownership, until they got bought by BK and even then they still mostly run out of Canada
>hyper canadian targeted advertising, with hockey cards, blackberry support, like how Dunkin used to say "America Runs on Dunkin", they advertised Timmie's as Canada's coffee place.
>Canada exclusivity, combined with Canada's inferiority complex
>Dirt cheap coffee and donuts.
>Timbits is the best name for donut holes, slam dunked the fuck out of it

Jesus Christ, I've never seen somebody sum up what pisses me off about Canada the most

The Canadian Identity is a fucking joke, coffee, donuts, hockey, and let's be honest, we probably eat more fucking McDonald's than america.

it is an immigrant nation, not to shit on your KKK meeting or anything

Quick, can you tell me where I said anything about immigration?
Sorry for even implying anything about race, fuckface

Go back to buying your culture at the counter and pretending to like hockey

you said the guy you referenced just summed up your views, so maybe you should spend some of your time reading instead of blindly agreeing with retards, retard

oh wait, no you're actually a really smart person who just happens to hate migrants despite being one

Yeah they're baked and then dipped while hot in glaze which is basically corn syrupy shit.
The chocolate crullers are not glazed however, just dipped lightly in chocolate fondant.

Tim Hortons sucks. Canadians don't even like it but it's become a shitty sense of pride/natiolism to pretend we love their shitty coffee and food.

Everybody's a fucking migrant by your retarded standards
Also, I am a fucking native so eat shit

>Canadians are schizophrenic dolts who cherish so-called staples of Canadian identity (which are just consumeristic crap like franchises and hockey teams
>Canadian identity is only hockey and tim hortons
You're a fucking retard.
Also nobody really wants the immigrants only cuckolds from Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal do, all of our political parties are fucked and think its racist if we dont take 300k towelheads a year while the cities are getting overcongested as fuck and we're bleeding jobs.

Also fuck Tim Hortons for hiring TFWs for 3 months and letting them leave, get married and have kids in Pakistan and then come back and become residents. Fucking cowards and traitors.

>family immigrates to landmass 10 000 years ago
>thinks he's a native and not an immigrant

oh child, please

0/10

Do you know what the legal definition of an immigrant is?
If they were immigrants that would mean the Natives had a centralized state or republic, which they didn't. North Americans who came were colonists not immigrants.

All these people arguing about which CHAIN is best for donuts and coffee.

Everyone with good taste knows you are suppose to go to a local place for good donuts and coffee. There is a shot down the road from my house just called DONUT FRESH run by some asian family, and they are fucking amazing. Fresh donuts and kolaches they make every morning, and the coffee is good. I can get a half dozen donuts, 2 kolaches and a large coffee for 8$ too.

>he doesnt buy a box of 50 sliders and cry himself to sleep after eating them in bed