JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

Kill me, Veeky Forums.

I got bit by a tick sometime last week and spent a few days in the hospital only to learn that it was a rare form of tick whose bite causes you to develop a meat allergy.

How will I live without meat?

Other urls found in this thread:

extension.umaine.edu/ipm/tickid/tick-management/biological-control/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How severe of a meat allergy?

I get severe headaches and stomach cramps. I tried to eat some beef stew earlier and it fucked me up.

I don't wanna be a vegan

Heh. Its body looks like a pancake with a dab of butter on it.

I thought you were full of it till I used google. What an awful creature.

It says it causes you to develop an allergic reaction to red meats. Try eating some chicken. duck, turkey or fish instead. Eggs too. Tell us how your body takes it.

It makes you develop an allergy to red meat. You're just going to have to eat chicken and fish I guess

Develop a taste for fish,shellfish, and poultry. Fish can be expensive but pretty darn good.

This kills the American.

So did you get some powers in retturn at least?

I want to be the first to welcome you to a life of bliss as a vegan. Soon you'll be prosletyzing with the best of us.

Seriously, you're hosed. There is no cure and there won't be anyone researching it because it's relarively rare and not incapacitating.

>vegan
>somehow vegetarianism phased out in 2016

My sister has the same thing. She can eat fish and chicken. It's just red meat that fucks her up. She has top be pretty careful - when she goes out she sticks to the vegan options just to be safe. Because her doctor said it can get bad enough to cause anaphylaxis or it can go away - you need to monitor it.

It just means no red meat. And the sugar your body reacts to is easily dissolved in fat, so you have to be careful dishes do not contain any fat from red meat, either.

Get used to eating lots of poultry and seafood.

Underrated post.

This wouldn't have happened if hippies didn't cockblock America's DDT campaign back in the 1950s to 1960s.

We were this close to eliminating ticks, mosquitoes from the North American continent.

Some people seem to recover if they aren't bit by a tick again.

Probably move somewhere where there isn't the same kind of tick.

>We were this close to eliminating ticks

As well as all other life forms.

from Wikipedia:
The bite of this tick can cause a person to develop a meat allergy to nonprimate mammalian meat and meat products.

>nonprimate
I know where you can find lots of edible red meat, user.

The propaganda was that DDT was affecting all bird species when in reality, it was just a few bird species that aren't even used in human cuisine.

And this unwarranted backlash against DDT that forced America to drop out caused pretty bad consequences around the world.

For example, America was the main sponsor for the WHO's global DDT campaign and when we quit, funding dropped.

This affected countries like India which for the first time in its recorded history, had malaria cases become almost nonexistent, thanks to America's funded global DDT campaign but once America dropped out, malaria cases in India skyrocketed again.

So yeah, we shouldn't have stopped carpetbombing everything with DDT.

This is why I don't live on the East Coast.

Well all vegans gain + 5 insufferable and -2 persuasion as a class attribute

Bites from the lone star tick or the chigger, which transfer this carbohydrate to the victim, have been implicated in the development of this delayed allergic response which is triggered by the consumption of mammalian meat products.[1] Despite myths to the contrary, an alpha-gal allergy does not require the afflicted to become a vegetarian, as poultry and fish do not trigger a reaction.
Alpha-gal_allergy wiki

Man I love chicken, but I'd kill myself if I could never eat burgers or steaks ever again.

>this retarded shill again

Kek

This summer has been extremely dry round these parts. All the ticks died.

>The propaganda

Typical right confusing science with faith.

The raptors were just the first to show dramatic affects because it was in their food chain from the bottom up. There were other studies that showed higher level predators had begun accumulating DDT as well. The really insidious thing about it is it remains in the environment wreaking it's havoc for a really long time.

Since you're clearly from the alt-right, please spare me your fake concern for the people of Africa and Asia.

>alt-right

How can someone be from something that doesn't exist?

>no more meat
>Lyme disease and paralysis
>dog ear housing complexes

they are the worst thing on this gay Earth

Yep this

The problem only affected a few kinds of raptors AND the cause was not use of DDT but reckless use (trucks spraying tons of it everywhere)

While I don't support eliminating these insects w/DDT since that would require punts that would inevitably affect raptors, I do support using it to spray around residents properties and what not. Just spraying the perimiter of your house will ward off most mosquitoes.

Not eating meat is easy unless you're looking for gains. There are so many meat alternatives now and vegetables are usually the piece of the meal that tastes the best anyway

is white supremacist a better term?

>This allergy is real
>Live in the yellow area.
Holy fuck I'm terrified.

there are plenty of other reasons not to live in those areas

le this kills the meme meme XD XD

Didn't know it was still 2007

I hear that you can still eat venison, or am I thinking of something else?

What would cause an insect to evolve in such a way?

It's fucking weird.

reminder wasps are generally the only natural predator for ticks

reminder not to destroy wasp nests

Eat a varied diet high in spinach, beans, and other veg/legumes that are high in protein.

That's how.

What are opossums?

BITCH.
DAB.

extension.umaine.edu/ipm/tickid/tick-management/biological-control/

????

it bites an herbivore under normal circumstances and the allergy results in small amounts of foreign proteins entering our bloodstreams when they bite us instead. It's not an evolutionary feature, it's an accident.

You can eat human meat and most monkey's user. Just saying.

>Unlike most food allergies, the alpha-gal allergy can recede with time, as long as the person is not bitten by another tick. The recovery period can take anywhere from eight months to five years.

Don't lost hope just yet OP................................. lmao

Evolution is just the accumulation of mistakes that contributes to survival 2bh

Happened to my gf, shit sucks. She loves steak, burgers, all that.
From what I understand, it's just an allergy to the a glactose present in red meat, right? So just eat chicken, most fish, shit like that.

What really blows is that the meat allergy thing can go from relatively benign (diarrhea, cramps, etc) to fatal in some cases.

It was four posts ago, you brainless embarrassment.

You're the meming cancer.

just end it now, m8. it will be less painful.

OP here

I'm literally about to cry because I'll never have a burger again.

Turkey isn't the same.

I'd hug you over the internet but I don't want your disease

I got one in my side while camping in Byron Bay. Freaked the fuck out but some guy who used to be in the army said they got them all the time and pulled it out for me. Amazing how they can dig in so tightly.

No meat allergy but I was all fucked up with flu and joint pain for a week.

This is fucking hilarious. I'm imagining a tick with 70s glasses, a pink pixie cut and black lip gloss.

You got cucked by a tick, OP. A fucking tick.

you realize ticks can also kill you, right?

as can rabid squirrels, bunnies, hamsters, guinea pigs, birds (?)..

..as can thousands of insects, snails, frogs, spiders and snakes.

but only if you live in australia

what the fuck does that have to do with anything? How is not getting meat allergy from a fucking tick worse than being killed by a hamster?

The map varies depending on the site.

note to self : do not go outside

>and joint pain for a week.

Dude, you should be tested for Lyme disease. Seriously. If you developed those symptoms after a tick bite, it's a real possibility. Without antibiotics, that shit can make you a corpse or vegetable over time.

it was almost ten years ago.

Might as well just end it, OP. A life with no meat is not a life worth living.

>le
Didn't know I was on reddit.

>five years without meat
At that point I'm not sure if OP would care anymore

My cousin has this too. I didn't believe him back then until he demonstrated me what happens when he eats red meat.

He ate a tiny amount of ground beef and 5 minutes later his arms and hands went into full-rash-mode. Pretty weird and shitty illness.

yeah it's pretty impressive how secured they get, like a vampiric sesame seed super glued itself under your skin solely to destroy your quality of life

I had one on my balls a couple weeks ago and took it off. That evening it started itching down there and when I woke up in the morning, I kid you not, my ball sack had swollen to 3 times normal size.

The quack checked me out and said it was an allergic reaction, no infection, and to take benadryl. After a couple days it was back to normal but it scared the shit out of me.

Holy shit that's scary. Thanks for giving me nightmares. A life without meat is not a life I'd enjoy.

>Not enjoying delicious fried chicken burgers.
He will thrive.

Seriously, ticks are fucking dangerous. They're one of the reason why I don't go innawoods for.

Widespread use of DDT is useless at this point, latent resistance is everywhere now. You'd only make a temporary dent in populations.

>lone star tick
>not in all of texas
Wtf is this shit!?

I've been bitten by several ticks and never had this happen. Is this a rare tick?

brb, writing script for movie about vegan supervillain.

seek revenge by only eating ticks now

What disease is that? I had rocky mountain spotted fever, almost died. You got off lucky. Replace meat with legumes eggs and cheese. Read How It All Vegan and visit a hare krishna temple to see how it's done. It's not all that hard to live without meat.

>no northern Ohio in this map

I can breathe again

is pork red meat?

It's the other white meat.

Agree, well said.

kek