Favorite quotes from famous scientists?

Favorite quotes from famous scientists?

Creationists BTFO

This guy is a complete moron. I've lost faith in humanity, because these New Atheists are dumbing down the youth more so than any other ideologies.

"Apples make gravity work. Watch."
Sir Issac Fig Newtons

Don't be so naive, young people have always been fucking stupid about their beliefs no matter what they are. Godless is better than the alternative.

"E=mc2 is written in a such a simple way even idiotic simpletons can remember it and dredge it up to impress even simpler minded people at cocktail parties. The question was designed with this in mind."
- "Fat" Albert Steinstien

And now you're samefaggin hatred of scientists because atheism is rational and it challenges your bullshit beliefs.
100% you're american because only americans do that shit.

Here's your butthurt samefags posts:

"If evolution were not true, how do you think medicine cures people? By magic? No a process of trial and error, where things that don't work are weeded out, and things that do go on."
- Dr Jesus Christos, Oct 2nd Israel

I actually wouldn't doubt him saying this.
>muh universal constant

Keep these coming, these are potential facebook gold.

Now you're samefagging compliments towards yourself.
They're not funny because you actually believe in using straw man arguments.
The fact you're a creationist is sad.

This one ain't even a troll tho, considering this is basically what string theorists do all the time anyway.

Bruh, as of OP pic related this is a shitty humor thread, stop getting baited.

is a moron though.

Dude you can tell i'm not the other guy, look at the thread stats in bottom right hand corner, it was my first post.

Anyway are you that autistic? You think creationists are the ones making/posting these?

>You think creationists are the ones making/posting these?
Creationists aren't intelligent to produce content like this.

This is actually a quote I like and not a troll one.

"Look, it comes down who you can trust more, authorities like priests or authorities like scientists. But you have to put your faith somewhere. We're not asking you to look for yourselves, we're asking you to trust us and trust the fact we claim we're using a process and method. Have a little faith."
- Niel DeGrasse High Tyson

"Who invented freedom, love and understanding. That's right, scientists. Before us, you were all a bunch of fags fighting in the dirt over pebbles. Show some goddamned respect. We bathed you, we clothed you, gave you provisions and weapons. What the hell is the matter with you, so some tenacity for religion bashing goddammit."
- Carl Sargon of Akaad

"I met a skeptic once. I kicked him in the face."
- Euler

"There's nothing gay about it. Popper and I used to give handies behind Wolf's Eatery in Chicago, back when Einstein went vegan and trolled the fuck out of the cashiers just for fun. We called these n*ggers over the the dumpers out back, and took photos as and gave them to staff at the restaurant in exchange for free hotdogs. That's how science used to be done... hard work and callouses."
- Richard Feynman Nov 21 1966 New York Post

"The plan you see, is to discredit religion in the same of progress. Yes, well all believe in god, but he's made these rules that have halted progress. If we're going to build a new world order, we at least have to get past our belief in god and put some faith in the material world. If that takes an illuminated number of academics to do it, so be it."
- Oppenheimer TIME Magazine 1971

Ya i always wondered why that was glad to know im not the only one I like monkeys though so its a good thing at the end of the day even if i have to worry about it

these don't exist

I'd love to see a Part II of this thread where retards on facebook are replying to these quotes thinking they are real.

I second this.

This reads like what an evangelical Christian fantasizes about

I wonder what their wet dream would be?

you dumbasses are going to get sued for libel, i will laugh.

This always bothers me because its a fundamental misunderstanding of the theory of evolution. Evolution does not increase order. Things aren't evolving to some ultimate version of that species. Its simply means that the version of an organism best suited to the current environment will prosper more than the less well suited. The "target" of a species' evolution is constantly changing.

for what now ?

"The problem with pseudoscience is that it's gotten into every nook and cranny of academia. Psychiatry, psychology and all sorts of so called 'social sciences'. There's no such thing. It's right up there with the tooth fairy, chemistry and mathematics. Complete bupkis."
- Karl Popper "Thoughts on Non-reality" 1967

"Back in the 70s we didn't really know what atoms were. We knew they exploded when you applied immense pressure to them, but we didn't know about electrons, quarks and chakras."
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"Homeopathy is a dangerous game. You take the components of what causes disease, and you dilute in water, and then blast that water with radiation. This copies a negative molecule into the water and tessellates it throughout the entire solution.
We don't know how powerful this new medical process is, but it's promising."
- Dr. Laurence Krauss, MD. Arizona State University

>Godless is better than the alternative.
Fucking faggots are everywhere

>atheism is rational
>this is what atheists actually believe
100% you're a yuropoor because only cucks think this shit

>I'm too retarded to understand the null hypothesis

"For all we know, Ramanujan could be right : to this day, no one has ever been able to prove that the sum of all integers wasn't equal to -1/12 by carefully counting the sum one by one. All of those who tried to prove or disprove it died before achieving their goal."
- James Grime

"God was discovered and definitively proven as a True scientific Principle in the early 1800s and the American Concerned Scientists Association has never made any such retraction. There are irrational and feverish elements in "new science" that wish to discredit Creationist Science, but they are few and far between. We can assure you that we will never make the ridiculous claim that that the God Principle has no place in modern science."
- Arthur Engleston, Head of the American Concerned Scientists Association of 1880.

"Dem womyns, amirite?"
- Armoured Thunderf00t of Akkad

"If the Earth were to slow down for even a fraction of a fraction of a billionth of a faction, everyone's skin would jump right off their bodies at 400,000 meters per hour, and all life on the planet would instantly liquefy. Something similar to this is probably cause the extinction of the Dinosaurs."
- Bill Nye

"The secret to medical science is simple: the consumption of mercury once a day, prayer twice a day, and bathing in the light of prisms."
- Sir Isaac Newton

"All behaviors are caused by chemical imbalances, which themselves are caused by genetics. Such genetics are caused by weak breeding, inherent poor character and general poor hoping skills. Sedatives, stimulants and a rough public relations campaigns to stiffen them up with stigma is all they need. Maybe also lobotomies or electroshock. You can't have social gadflies running about asking disturbing questions, being defiant and upsetting the natural order. They do so because they are weak, clueless and feebleminded."
- Dr. Allen Francis of the APA

How does he dumb down the youth? By educating and being skeptical about religion?

Go cry me a river

GOOD MEEEM FRIENDOOO

>This one ain't even a troll tho
except you cant just add arbitrary dimentions to string theory

Black science man

this is up for miss use and miss understanding, he said this as he tried to get his advanced relativity theory to work out. ( im not sure if thats what the theory is named in english)

we all/ they all had an aspect of time. and a fact about how time worked, which didnt corespond with his theory. which every other aspect did. one day as he was taking a stroll with a scientist colleague(forgot who that was)
they started talking about why his theory didnt match the facts of time, and how time worked. and they suddenly realized that the facts provided for time couldn't actually be considered as facts/scientific theory. and therefore manipulative and changeable.

sorry for bad english btw. but i felt like i had to put this out there..

i doubt he actually said this, and if so, did it in a playful context; the facts he manipulated/changed weren't actually facts. just assumptions.

this quote makes you sound like a religious fanatic if taken out of this context

lol my phone is really slow. obviously its >misunderstanding
and
>misuse

my perfect scientist quote is

"the world is not a dangerous place because of the evil men who lives here, but because of the people who do nothing about them"

>I don't know what the use of the null hypothesis is so I'm going to throw it out there and hope it makes sense
Fucking yuropoors

kek

It is pretty funny that evidently doesn't understand what the null hypothesis is.

>Evolution does not increase order. Things aren't evolving to some ultimate version of that species
Non-sequitur

Are you retarded? I was responding to the quote in OP's pic which has nothing to do with religion. Go watch some popsci YouTube vids, pleb.

This one is almost a true reflection of psychiatrists thought process.

No fucking shit you fuck.... (10/10)

No, he's very smart, but he's very overconfident. Which leads him to occasionnaly saying some dumb shit.

IS THIS TRUE?

"Yes, you could say Ken Ham won the debate, but if he did he won it using a "historicity" argument, which we don't respect in science. Either you reasoning is in step with the consensus, or you're fringe. Historicity arguments don't belong in science. Just because you can't prove something doesn't mean it isn't true. Science is about consensus not just about requiring proof."
- Bill Nye

Yes. Where do you think oil came from?

kek

wtf?!

kek

I was there when Bill guy the science nye said it. Truly inspiring...

"I don't doubt the existance of aliens here on planet earth, controlling our government and the media. What I have an issue with is that there is no evidence to support it. That's the thing about science, it doesn't discount conspiracy."
- Dr Brian Cox

He actually said this.

>"other ideologies"
cult member of religion detected.
has "competing thought" rage.

"Pulling dicks and sucking tits. That's what science is made of... bitch."
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

"Yes, transtudies and women's studies are science. To state social sciences, and specifically women's studies are 'fake science' is a comment steeped solely in prejudice. Do you really believe social sciences like women's studies are some sort of reactionary conspiracy to make grabs for power or to demand special treatment. That's no different than reject the thesis that redistribution of wealth saves lives just because people don't understand marxism."
- Germaine Greer

I put some of these on images for those too lazy to do so.

Great warning for our time.

Makes you think, you know?

From the dawn of time, mankind hypothesized a God to answer their fundamental questions. But scientific method proved them wrong with each step of the way. Thats why satan is the only true answer and the creator of everything which guides us to salvation and true enlightenment.

~ Richard Darwins - First man on the moon

Homo Conspiracy

Sick Bastard.

You do realize that's a fake quote.

I'm pretty sure these are all legitimate guy.
Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean you should go about doubting everything you see.
Look thing up and come back.

Absolute. Visionary.

The Cartesian system ? Rationalism ? Cogito ergo sum ? Fuck that shit. All you have to do is to Give her the D.

Either people forgot about Carl Sagan because different generation, or people respect him too much to attribute fake quotes to him.