/smg/ - Stock Market General

/smg/-style Value Investing edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Hello gentlemen

crash fucking when

Why would the markets crash ?
If anything, every dip should be bought

How will this trade war President Trump is trying to start going to effect the market? Anyone have links?

10/10 work, my guy. Saved.

I would look at the long term macro picture.

Trump is doing his threats because he thinks they are legitimate (other countries devaluing their currencies so that the US can't compete).
He is a businessman with balls and wits. So that must mean those threats may very well be successful and force other countries to abide by his demands.

So, I would expect a weaker USD which may be a boon for commodities and emerging markets.
US markets may remain volatile but I wouldn't expect recession. Stay long on value stocks.

my pleasure m8

kek today

today gonna be red as fuck. Tomorrow even more. I hope everyone here is ready to lose everything they made in the last 2 years! Hopefully you guys have stoplosses up... right?

i fucking hope so i have so much cash to use
2 words: cheap stocks

Anyone got an opinion on Expedia?

It's very well liked by analysts including a few of the highest rated analysts on the street but has performed like shit at earnings, surely this thing is due a pump?

Lowest price in over a year and down almost 50% from its peak.

Good morning all.
Considering buying back SWN, This should go to $6.
at 4.40 right now, earnings beat was 20% eps boost, stock jumped.
Fundamentals improving, nat gas reserves dropping, demand.... may take awhile to spike.

Holding Ford and looking for new shit

Media are saying Trump is retarded and such and such
But in reality he only wants the other countries to come back to the negotiation table in order to strike a better trade deal
And meanwhile, USD will devalue making US exporters more profitable

Good, efficient and stable companies should be bought at every dip

My degiro account has negative balance from autofx deductions, what will happen if I deposit money into it

>implied open of -35 points on the DOW

Nigga we going green today, even the DAX had a green day.

Morning all. Noob question, do I pay taxes on proceeds or only on realized gains?

Thats nice user

gains.
robinhood will report your cost basis and ending total. if ending total is above cost basis, you pay taxes on the excess

Sweet thanks. I was about to panic when I saw my 1099b.

nice image OP

also get ready for the big tech crash today

What would be you guys’ views on Nissin Foods in HKEX ?

It is trying to expand into Mainland China as it is building 2 factories.
With their economy slowing and impending trade tariffs, cheap ramens should be all Chinks can afford to eat in the near future

What do you think of this thesis ?

>investing in volatile meme stocks

Nah nigga, long term holds till I have $100,000 to work with. Once you have decent money in the market is when you start messing with the meme stocks. Till then it’s compounding interest and dividend stocks.

We will get a new Shiller-CAPE ath my goldbug friend

>trump announces massive trade tariffs
>DJI barely budges

As if we needed more proof we’re in a bubble.

The next recession will probably start March 2019

it's happening again

NOODLE ECONOMY

You have it backwards. You have to meme gamble until you have enough capital to compound dividend your way to lamboland.

THE BEAR NEEDS OUR HELP

SEND HIM YOUR ENERGY /SMG/

WHATS IT GONNA BE TODAY BOYS

all in

the next few minutes are absolutely CRITICAL for the stock market

Morning!

Here come the gains!

Reposting my fat cat for fat gains.

it's like you can't make a fucking investment anymore

sup Bill

What's this reference?

I dont know
it kept being repeated all weekend in regards to bitcoin

What are your favourite long term holds Veeky Forums?

Sup

BGFV

been looking into buy reversal guy's technique. seems like a decent gamble considering the risk. stop loss is critical for it

MORl

Every quarter is a comfy quarter

>NVDA already down 2%

WHY DIDNT YOU LISTEN?

Quick, buy Bank stocks!

why?

Because of AMZN ?

Why is this market acting really fucking erratic and irrational? When China can't sell their steel and aluminium in America that doesn't hurt American companies it hurts the Chinese companies, right? We already have inflation priced in and ready to fucking go from stimulus package 1 and 2, and all this fucking money that was printed at 0% interest by the cucks at the federal reserve and their quantitative easing bull shit. Prices are going to go up, fucking deal with it and just make more money faggots.

holy shit, I keep seeing red everywhere

stocks are red, bonds are red

now, it's for like 1% a day, but it's still fucking annoying, I could have just held cash and made more

no time for questions, just do

no it hurts murcan industrial companies because they have to pay more for steel and aluminium the Chinese will still sell their steel their steel and aluminium, it's not even China that sells a lot of it

which bank stocks in particular?

Wouldn’t it make sense that a lot of big Chinese investors have money in our markets though?

all the big ones like JPM, C, and BAC especially C

What part of

>When China can't sell their steel and aluminium in America
do you not understand? You must be new to trade wars. This is actually good for American industries. Maybe we can cut some more red tape, create more industry and jobs right here in America. These are the types of policies and trade decisions that will only benefit the American people and their families.

I told you all about this VTGN shit when we were at a dollar, but you know fuck Bagfucker. What the fuck does that asshole know about anything?

they sell there steel through other countries into America. Mostly Canada and Mexico

Whatever numbers you hear are complete lies, why do you think Trump is talking about NAFTA, it's basically a chinese trade bloc for using Mexico and Canada as proxies

> China can't
US domestic steel production can't even hope to come close to covering demand they will still buy steel it will be more expensive and it will be cheaper with tarriffs anyway because the cost of opening new steel plants hiring workers etc is much greater than just importing the fucking thing they will just raise costs to cover the tarrif and slap an extra 10% on top of the tarrif and it still will be cheaper

When people memes Trump was playing 69D chess game, that is not far from the truth

More precisely, the matter is very simple and known to everyone. The only thing is guts : do you have them to make babbies cry ?

nothing's happening

The damn domestic production will come back to meet demand if you raise the fucking prices. Do you even free market?

jesus christ man have some patience, its been not even an hour

BGFV up over 2%
AMRS down over 2%

When are you going to apologize?

you're a known bullshitter so I won't even bother

That pic is fucking amazing man

nah
you should buy bepis

Countries use other countries to take advantage of America all the time. When Russia needs to bypass sanctions placed on them from the west, they'll just use China as an intermediary. It's like money laundering but it's done through trade.

When I finally sell my AMRS shares. This company has more potential than BGFV in the long run provided they can avoid going belly-up in the meantime.

>holding cash
>making money
lol ok

>tfw AMRS and BGFV are becoming legitimate stocks

This cant be allowed fellas. Short those fuckers to 1 cent

Look at the 3 months chart then apologize

>the US has been larping as a communist country for so long that people don’t realize how the real world works
He’s not wrong. But I don’t think it’ll come to that. Tariffs were one of his campaign promises but only as a tool to get better trade deals. IIRC he admitted he’d drop the tariffs if they renegotiated the trade deals to get the US better terms. He’s just blowing smoke to bring them to the table in my opinion.

NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN NVCN

Buy it! It will go up at least 20%. Thank me later!

>mfw bear niggers might actually get rekt today

BGFV has a p/e of 217, the meme will won't last forever.

Buy Coca Cola?

muh aluminum cans

shill me

>mfw I got into BPMX at .16.
Do I pump more money into it fellas? StockTwits niggers are telling me it could go to a dollar desu

It's a penny stock, so it's a complete gamble. Thots on stocktwits are getting into it, so I would proceed with caution.

You guys deserve it

Are you short BGFV? if so what's your position?
If you aren't short on BGFV why do you hate on it so much??? serious question

I set a limit order so I can make off with basically all my profits if it goes bad... and ofc I’ll buy the next dip. But it’s pretty tempting to think it’ll get a dollar.

Yeah. Always buy Coke. Coke is a good long term with good dividend pay out. If you buy coke never sell it. Coke is THE drink of human kind. That shit's gonna take us to space! You think Coke isn't going to be the first drink can popped on Mars? Either that or McDonald's.

every penny stock is going to $1 by the end of the month according to stocktwits.

making -0.5% is more than making -3%

They have a conference next monday, earnings on the 22nd and possible news on Phase 2 trials.

Get in while you can.

I have no stake in it at all honestly, and also don't hate it. Something just doesn't seem right about that stock and like I said, it has a p/e of 217. I've never seen a p/e that high before, not even remotely close. Their earnings was a complete fucking disaster, I just don't trust the stock.
As long as you have a stop loss on it might as well see what happens.

Sector trend reversal! Charts are looking bullish across the board. Canopy smashed through $30 resistance with ease earlier and no flash sell off came after.

Still holding about 10% cash in case of trouble this week but things are looking very nice.

Strapping in m8

>I've never seen a p/e that high before
you must not have seen many stocks p/e ratios before than.. NFLX has a P/E of 210... sure it's a different company that is "steadly growing" but their stock doesn't reflect their earnings.

BGFV earnings where already priced in it was already expected hence the guidance in Jan. The share structure on a well established company is very important. Shorts are piled in and their supply to cover with is dwindling. I just don't see why you gotta bash it if you don't even have a position, looks like you hate things just to hate things... you must be fun to hang out with

ADVM has earnings tomorrow, the stock has been red hot lately. Get in before this bitch doubles.

Thanks for the green leaf update. I noticed we had some bullish candles in our MJ etf and was waiting for you to chime in. I'm still holding the bag from my last purchase, but this summer looks like it might be a wonderful 6 month play. MJ harvest for outdoor is in the fall, but most of this stuff is grown through hydroponics anyway. I am bullish on these damn trees and can't fucking wait to see some more returns from this emerging market.

I didn't even think my comment was hate, just stating facts. If you think I'm worng about the stock, what do you care? You're pretty much their fucking mascot so of course you're going to disagree with me.

Anybody playing options who is not buying the MJ etf April 20th calls is doesn't even know what they're missing out on.

just find it odd you gotta hate just to hate.....

Is it a good idea to buy corporate stock with the little savings I make every month? (let's imagine I can spend 50EUR every month...)
I have noticed that I can not earn any significant money from dividends payments. It would be years until I recovered the initial investment (assuming the profits/shares of the company stay more or less the same), so even this is highly speculative.

Buy reversalfag here. The stocks I bought Friday were MYOS, RVP, and BIOlL (currently at +8%)

So Comfy