My friend told me that Tardigrades™ can survive on the surface of the sun, is this true?

My friend told me that Tardigrades™ can survive on the surface of the sun, is this true?

No.

Your friend sounds like the kind of guy who gets top-voted on Reddit.

/Upvote

No, but they can survive is severe and extreme environments

in****

Top kek

Oh boy...I'm afraid that the unenviable task of enlightening you uneducated plebs must fall to me. Well, first off: there is no such thing as the ""surface"" of the sun: the sun is made of gases and fire, so it can't have any solid crust. Have you ever heard of the "surface" of a campfire? And how do you propose to get these Tardigrades to the sun? Space travel? Don't tell me that the government wastes billions of my taxpayer dollars shipping some tiny bug 100 miles to the sun just so some scientist geek can write a paper that will never produce any practical good to anyone. And finally, I'm pretty sure that flying to the sun is impossible because the astronauts couldn't look at it to see where they were going.Next time, think before you poset here.

Only at night when it's cold enough

Yeh but sun has boundaries man

yes but only during solar winter.

lel, this

To be clear, my friend told me through a minecraft server chat and not in real life

your friend is a retardigrade

Yes, but only on suns made of ice.

upboat

>fire

If they were blasted into space, they are the one creature that could end up on mars. But mars has no tardigrade food and has toxic chemicals in the sand.

According to Wikipedia, tardigrades can survive a maximum temperature of 150 °C. The temperature of the sun surface is 5500 °C. So, they aren't even close.

Depend if it's a sun made of ice or lava.

Underrated

I'm using this line.

> 100 miles

Kek

Savage.