The age old question:

Using your research and personal experiences as a guide; what are the Top 5 hardest and Top 5 easiest non-STEM fields and majors, according to you.

Hope this question makes sense.
You don't have to pick five of each.

I've had this kind of discussion a lot and its totally pointless. So much of it depends on the school/professors. Consider the difference between School of Rock and Whiplash. Its obviously a silly metaphor but it should illustrate that the expectations of an individual curriculum can vary greatly for the same subject. Its also worth noting that A person's interest in a subject is hugely important to their motivation to put in the hours to work. STEM students tend to shit on liberal arts majors. i know for a fact that if i was expected to read novels and poetry and write papers on them that i would fail out in 2 semesters due to lack of motivation to succeed. Underwater basket weaving is probably an easy major anywhere and law school is probably tough everywhere but seriously comparing what majors are hardest is like comparing dicks to see who has the smallest one. pointless.

>Totally pointless discussion
I'm surprised.

>Comparing dicks to see who has the smallest.
Gross. Now I'll would love to compare which one is the biggest.

> non stem fields
No such thing.
Any unscientific study is not a 'field', if you cant apply the scientific method/ rely on empiricism there's nothing to study.

I went a school with pretty much only STEM majors and easily over 80% engineering. There was so much dick waving about who's engineering was the hardest and who's was the easiest. The discussion used to go around and around and mostly it comes down to who's faculty were bigger assholes.

Comparing to see who's dick is biggest would more like "Who was best able to utlize their education improve humanity"

TIL history is not a field of study

It is scientific tho. archeology is its 'experimental' side. But ant time a historian uses some source its empiricism.

Wtf?

Hardest: probably law.

TIL History?

Anthropology?

What about something like design or music or any of the arts where there are qualities deemed correct but they are only correct so far as they are commonly pleasing to people. For instance the layout of a website is better if more people "like" it or find it easy to use, thats pretty arbitrary but there are common rules and theories that can be followed in order to create "successful" designs. does that make sense. Its not empirical but it is something we can study.

Quantitative Finance for hardest?

Statistics as well depending on if you consider it a branch of mathematics or not.

Film has to be one of the easiest.

Especially now that it no longer involves actual film.

>Quantative Finance
This answers my second question. Thx.
>Statistics
No, it's not a real math. Throwing random numbers together, processing them inaccurately, does not make math.

ok so you dont know what statistics are. also underage i bet

First post best post

Right? lol statistics is about a lo more than just rolling dice. I would guess they are a highschooler.

>not a real math

Then neither's any of the shit babby tier math you learn in undergrad, retard

This is in fun and not serious.

Too 5 hardest:
Pure math / theoretical computer science since it is a subset of math

Applied math including physics

Statistics, not baby tier

Computer science

Chemistry

Top five easiest:
Communication

Sociology

Business

History

Philosophy

I've taken Stats in college.

I asked about the Top 5 non-stem fields.

>No, it's not a real math. Throwing random numbers together, processing them inaccurately, does not make math.

without stats how would you conclude infinity=-1/12?

Infinity is not a number.

Didn't see due to being on cell.

I don't know top 5 "hardest" non-STEM.

It's not totally pointless because there are universities where everyone enters with equally perfect grades, such as Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, etc. It's not like University of buttfuck where you may have genuine smart math autists mixed with genuine fucking dumb businesss administration idiots.

Cambridge is a university where everyone enters with perfect or near perfect grades. In cambridge when you do really badly at your subject they might move you to another subject (obviously with the person agreering).

Here is what I've read online about it. (X > Y) shows a student being moved from subject X to subject Y because they were doing badly on it. For each individual move (> symbol), I have read online about each one occurring. I do some of them all on one line but obviously I haven't heard of anyone moving subjects 5 times or even twice, I'm just doing it to save space.

Maths > Physics > Chemistry > Biology or Biochemistry (can't remember)

Maths > Computer Science

Maths > Engineering > Computer Science > Politics

Medicine > Biology or Biomedical science (can't remember)

you probably took an introductory stats course. My university offers a freshman-level applied stats class, but the probability and statistics class for math majors is a senior-level course.

Cellphones suck.

Find what is the easiest STEM fields according to you?

Introductory as in what?