Ur daily reminder that people who bought Bitcoin below 500 dollars were the early adoptors and we are here just trading...

ur daily reminder that people who bought Bitcoin below 500 dollars were the early adoptors and we are here just trading bags in a zero sum game

>implying the majority of the population knows what crypto is about
>implying they are aware there's more than Bitcoin
>implying we've already explored all the possibilities of blockchain technology

>implying a 500B dollar market cap is crypto peaked
>implying your IQ is 12.666666

Fuck, I bought at 600. A-am I a late adopter?

these are all good points as to why OP is a fucking idiot

>bought at $500
>back then retards like op wrote that "the early adopters" bought sub $100 or sub $10

And in 2 years you're gonna be talking about how the early adopters bought at 10k or some nonsense.

I know a guy that bought around 450 and sold sub 300. Trading is ALWAYS a zero sum game.

Ok and... why post this? Why do I need a reminder of this? What do you expect me to do with this information you have so benevolently bestowed on me faggots?

I bought for $10 in early 2013. You poor fags are all late adopters.

expected taste in men from such a brainlet OP

that's my friend chuando.

he's over 50 years old btw and a really nice guy.

we could be brothers

>Tumblr
>text over words

Fuck you, normalfag. Go choke to death on a poster of a cat hanging off a tree with cutsey shit written on top. I hope you marry and have three children and each one of them dies a horrible death before the age of 13, then your spouse dies as well, and all your are left with is the choice of how to kys, you fucking faggot.

OP is a moron again.

what was the quality of the dotcom bubble before popping? shit websites all over the place.
what do we have in crypto? shitcoins and icos all over the place, growing exponentially in number since early 2017.
Internet was world changing tech. Crypto isnt. No one uses it save for speculation. If blockchain somehow gets fast enough one day, it wont involve some shitcoin with huge price fluctuations. That defeats the whole purpose of a currency.
Your graph is retarded and so are you

No one used the internet at the time of the dotcom bubble besides some early adopter nerds. Many people thought the internet is useless at the time. Messaging? We habe telephones. Watching movies? We have cinimas. Reading? We have libraries. We don't what crypto will bring.

we know where this is heading. Is the focus on the blockchain tech? no, the focus in on making money quick. Its a recipe for disaster

"ur" daily reminder that Google, Ebay, Amazon stock was worth pennies after the dot.com bubble popped.

>Internet was world changing tech. Crypto isnt.
>Crypto isnt.

Hindsight is 20/20, eh? People like you thought the same about the internet back then, you shit for brains.

Fuck off faggot

fight me irl, bitch

but bitcoin is worth 10,000 or more you stupid fucking nigger

bitcoin is more valuable then most companies in the world right now

think you autistic monkeys

faggot containment thread? faggot containment thread.

Whatever ah gua lol

you are comparing the internet (almost instant transfer of information across the world), google (massive databases, search algorithms) and amazon/ebay (e-commerce dealing with real products and cloud computing) with crypto shitcoins dealing with literally nothing but energy waste, that cant even function as a real currency because of price fluctuations. Face it its only speculation on what 'might be', not what currently is, since nobody is actually using the tech.
Blockchain tech may survive, but its use won't be currency. If or when something truly game changing involving blockchain comes, all current shitcoins will drop to zero. In the meantime, crypto only use is taking money from idiots, and whales and bots are winning big time

if they can't see something this obvious, don't bother forcing them.

what are your thoughts on smart contracts and oracles?

It's so easy to tell you weren't old enough to remember the 90s/early 2000s you fucking retard
Do you not understand what hindsight is

>Bitcoin really might reach $1m per btc by 2020
How do you feel about it, anons?

internet was created by the fucking military. From the moment of its inception it was already useful, there was no doubt of its potential among nerds.
Now with crypto even the nerds programming blockchains know its a fucking scam to make money and what they're creating is worthless with no real use. Every single niche is being exploited, just attach the world blockchain to it and make millions. How? because of shit for brains like you who buy their useless tech

YEAH CAUSE GOOGLE CAME ABOUT FUCKING INSTANTLY
retarded Rajesh, fuck off

say what? i was born in the 80s you fool. Comparing crypto with the internet is so retarded it hurts. As if crypto HAS to grow that much and be that big, just cause you hold some shitcoins

Only a redditor would get that angry over a tumblr image

go back and stop trying so hard to fit in with le edgy Veeky Forums faggot

before you made a slight argument, now you're just FUDing. moron.

fancy words to milk more btc to sell for USD, the only reason everyone is in crypto

>internet was world changing tech
>Crypto isnt
it's idiots like you that help me realize im still early

>speaking truth = FUD
i know the truth hurts buddy, you can still make money dont worry. But this wont last forever so start making good trades now

you're describing the current state of the crypto market pretty well, but at the same time you seem to have no clue how big this shit's gonna be. in december i felt just like you about it, you're almost there. do some research other than muh Veeky Forums, it's gonna be hard no to get flithy rich in this market oer the next few years

yikes

Kojima looks like THAT?

early to experiencing blockchain tech? maybe. As I said it may has its uses which arent being explored due to the get rich quick schemes. Why develop it further when you can create shitcoins and promise anything? retards will buy anything
early to the crypto fad? fucking no

>trying this hard to be edgy

That pic was actually saved in 2011, most likely from /b/, back when you were still discovering masturbation. Kill yourself and/or gtfo our site.

buying a coin which exist right now? i doubt it, unless there is some huge normie wave like dic/jan but a hundred times bigger.
Then it would have serious impact on the world economies but most would get burned in the long run due to greed

Meant for this cancerous newfaggot over here

this is why i like OMG. it integrates crypto into the global marketplace without all the stupid jargon and autism that turns normies off.

that was very disappointing to read. are you still using your HP computer from 2003 user? you sound worse than my boomer relatives

I agree with you

I bought BTC in 2011 though.

and you're gonna nail the google of crypto, right?
its probably the shitcoin you're holding.
There is no future amazon and google of crypto. Those companies solved real problems. Crypto just moves money around. Whales make the most money and when new money stops coming in they will sell it all before most of you fags can even react and there goes your 'investments'

Rather accurate. You guys are too late for Bitcoin. However, even if normies know about crypto, they don't know anything beyond BTC. Invest heavily into smart contracts. No normie on earth knows what the Fuck is a smart contract.

idk man maybe i got annoyed by stinky linkies. So whats the deal with smart contracts and oracles which doesnt involve ETH?

No, but there will be projects that are undoubtedly insanely useful. I never claimed the ones I hold will be in the top 5 several years from now but to think crypto won't be widely used in 5-10 years just means you're a fucking idiot.

widely used as in how? used as speculation to make money? maybe, it was used this way 5 years ago, it may still be 5 years from now. World changing tech? doubtful, unless blockchain sees uses beyond volatile currencies

I own 3000 ETH purchased at 4.00 to 10.00 do I count?
I actually also bought 10,000 Lisk at .20 sold that for BTC at 500.00
My brother thinks I sell drugs.

probably the worst graphic ever made

i know people speaking the truth about crypto annoys the fuck out of you people, cause you want new money in so they buy your bags. But that just shows how similar to a ponzi all this is.
You're no better than jews. Fuck off and try to fix your dying countries, faggots

at least drug dealers provide a product, you contribute nothing to society. Make good use of the $ faggot

No fucking idea at this point, just like no one had any idea about Google or Amazon at the internet's inception

theyre retards because they dont know anything about the tech
there is definitely money to be made scalping idiots and that is the case for any industry especially a burgeoning one like blockchain
short term price movements are fun to make money on.

With that said, there is definite long term value investing in this space even if people currently believe that the bluechips are overpriced (btc/eth/ltc, etc.) People thought these were all overvalued years ago and they were all proven wrong.

Another aspect is that the major financial institutions and even nation states have been developing their own proprietary blockchain tech for a few years now at least. The battle for open source vs. proprietary blockchain will be interesting to see play out in the next few years.

Ultimately it is my belief that open-source decentralized solutions will win out in the long run, that is not to say proprietary tech. doesn't have a place, but when you look at metcalfe's law it will the be open source stuff that will be the most valuable.

I wouldnt be surprised to see BTC become the world reserve currency and serve a similair function to gold with fiat if nation states decide to replace fiat with blockchain in the future

>it happened with internet therefore it will happen with crypto
nigger, if there was true potential here big tech companies with billions would be looking into it. They would have teams working on it.
Dont forget this tech is built on other tech, namely the internet. This isnt the 80s or 90s where computers were hot shit and the internet was groundbreaking stuff. Everyone has one now and even pajeets are making shitcoins.

This user Gets It
This user does not

Penury and Woe is already the wages due secondanon's brainletism

You realise.... That they are, right?
>Who are IBM and what do they have to do with Stellar

SG represent
didnt know sgs come to Veeky Forums

>if there was true potential here big tech companies with billions would be looking into it. They would have teams working on it.

like i said, you're FUDing.

Fuck off loser

but user that how life works, people build ideas/solutions on top of already solid ideas/tech. Since everyone already has internet means we could see this thing really go mainstream much more quickly.
Sure there are a lot of useless products and scams but same could have said about the early days of the net. Strong will always prevail.

a currency with limited supply cant become world reserve currency. Its very nature causes fluctuations in price too big for the big players to trust. It will never stabilize.
Now state backed blockchain or currency is something i see happening. No better way to track everyone's expenditures and tax your ass than a public ledger. But you won't be able to make money off it like now, because it won't be limited supply.
The blue chips coins are way overpriced. Its one thing saying ETH or BTC has a lot of room for growth when they were only 100x, but now? At one point people become sceptic, and start asking, why is this worth thousands? nobody i know is buying stuff with it

user please...
whatever, idiot. Cant even have genuine discussion about crypto now. Its all fud and fomo. Kys

BLOCKCHAIN IS THE FUTURE, FAGGOTS

WE'RE ALL GOTTA GET RICH

BANKS AND INSTITUTIONS WILL BUY OUR TOKENS FOR BILLIONS, YOU'LL SEE

you faggots are not getting my point. Im not saying crypto will not have adoption, im saying this adoption will be the very same reason you got in, to make money buying low selling high. No world changing tech here, just pure speculation and getting rich quick..

you're denying that big tech companies are doing anything related to crypto/blockchain. you are retarded. have fun staying poor and behind the times in 5+ years.

whether you like it or not, this shit is here to stay in one way or another and the fact that you don't see it is too bad, for yourself that is. have a nice day

they see big money moving around, they want a piece, its only natural. Having stakes in your shitcoin does not equal working on the tech and finding real use cases

Apologies, it was just the first thing I could think of. Large companies are looking into crypto though and no doubt they'll do a whole lot more than look soon.

We will see about that, it is my belief that in the long term BTC pricing will not be nearly as volatile as it is today, as for a fixed supply not being able to be a reserve currency we will see about that as well (gold was used as reserve before but it is arguable if it is a fixed supply as more gold keeps being found and mined as long as it is profitable, just like crypto mining).

At this point no one knows how it will play out, admittedly btc becoming a world reserve currency is a longshot and unlikely but it is fun to entertain the thought and try and follow the logical conclusions of the idea.

As for nation states adopting blockchain, we are in agreement there. A dream of mine is to find a way to separate state and finance just like state and church were separated in Europe hundreds of years ago. The short term consequences of doing so were bloody but it paved the way for the renaissance in Europe and moved the people away from corruption and collusion between the two institutions.

Right now we are at a similar crossroads, it is obvious to anyone with two eyes and a working brain that the state is buying votes from stolen tax money (I say stolen because the funds are misappropriated to keep giving themselves more power and control over you and the affairs of the country and it's inhabitants). They import the dirt world into the first world to keep their ponzi of """"social security"""" going and to tax more heads. They also buy the votes of women and useful idiots by promising handouts and transfers of wealth. In the end everyone is so busy infighting for scraps given out by ((((them)))) that progress is stymied and the civilization stagnates.

I mentioned Bitcoin in my econ class and only 3 people knew what I was talking about. And this is UCLA we are talking about. It gave me hope that maybe we are ealy adopters

fucking IBM can shit on vitalik and his kid coding and erc20 tokens, they can shit on every single coin out there. They dont cause they have a reputation and they focus on tech not fads. Crypto is a fad, there is money yes. May last many more years, yes. But there is no groundbreaking tech here like the internet, dont fool yourselves
>muh decentralization
is the mark of inefficiency

>insert brainlet image
Duhhhrrr white paper ICO cryptos should add up to 10 trillion market cap
Because stocks did

Retard

cont'd:

It sounds like a pipe dream, but I genuinely do believe that crypto is the vehicle that we can use to stop politicians from buying votes with their printed pedo papers and eventually we can go to the next level by throwing off these parasites from our backs and taking back political control from women (a major destructive political force in the west)

if you look in the annals of history you see every major civilizational collapse was precipitated by importing foreigners to do the work and enlist in the army and by giving women sexual and political """liberation""" (how can a woman be politically liberated when she can't even appreciate the responsibility of political decisions?). It is kind of like """liberating""" a chicken from the farm and letting it roam in the wild, it won't appreciate this ""new-found freedom"" and will most likely die or return to their owner.

I unequivocally disagree that the reason they haven't "shat on everyone" is because they simply choose not to. New tech is being explored by large companies, and lots of them will use it.

>one crazy thing happened
>sure won't happen again

remind bears are eternal losers and will never profit off of dumb shit because they suffer from plebbit tier rick and morty "I AM SMURTER THAN EVERY1" mentality

the problem with separating state and finance is you may lose the concept a nation's economy. Markets will go full global, more than now. That along with your idea of a global currency paves the way for the destruction of nation states and the dream of world domination becomes a real possibility. Domination by the ultra wealthy and who's gonna regulate them?
The problem isnt the state per se, the problem is the current state. They must be replaced.
A state backed blockchain currency can prevent fraud, you could track what the gov does with the money. Every citizen could.
See im not against blockchain, im against this shitcoin speculation fad. It will end bad but it may pave the way for better stuff after millions go broke

NEW TECH IS BEING EXPLORED BY LARGE COMPANIES, FAGGOTS

WE'RE ALL GONNA BE RICH

LINK $1000 EOY

no dumb fuck i'm just realistic
theres a difference of what stock companies brought to the table and what meme money brings to the table
cryptos might be here to stay, but for the moment they aren't solving any fucking problem
they are making certain things more convenient
most are ico get rich quick schemes that will not be around
I love crypto, but let's not get it twisted
We know it is full of autists trying to 'make it' and not actually a technology that is world and life changing RIGHT NOW

only way i see that happening is if you can actually buy shit with crypto. Then you dont rely on these printed pedo papers. But current crypto is too volatile for merchants to price their products with, thats the problem with limited supply. You compare with gold, but nobody buys groceries with gold.
Why do they import foreigners? three reasons one you mentioned, more taxes. The other is, destruction of your country race by mixing and the third is because they are cheaper labour.
If you separate finance from state, who's gonna stop your companies from importing millions of these cheap labourers?

>flappy triceps

at last someone realistic. Holy shit this board is turning really autistic. Everyone wants to scam each other and when someone speaks sense or truth they all jump on him "fudder!" "stay poor faggot". Cancer all over the place

they had 8 years to explore blockchain, why havent they made any progress?

bought btc back at 140 had 22 btc in my wallet once, had over 400 ltc when they were about $4 ea I hold nothing now

Perhaps they didn't take it seriously until the last few? I know not the inner workings of IBM-like corporations and I suspect you do not either

Is this the new tulipmaina post?

So even boomers start to agree it's not a tulipmaina but still thinks bubble. I can't wait to sell you my bags when mcap reaches over 4-5 trillion

nice quads fag.
>they didnt take it seriously
these corps are at the forefront of tech, they probably looked into btc and blockchain the first year it showed up and concluded there was no sellable product to be made. If they saw potential they would've developed it by now

why would you sell at 5 trillion if its not a bubble? will it be a bubble then? what if it goes to 10T?

Welp I guess you just got fuckin' dumpstered by KEK. We'll see which of us is more suicidal in 5 years.
P.S. Buy LINK

>comparing today's developed internet with new tech like crypto

all good points, ultimately when i mean separate state and finance i mean moving away from monolithic nation states as we understand them
they have caused untold carnage and the slaughter of millions the past 100 years.

people in the future will look back to the practice of the monolithic state buying votes via printing money and stealing from future generations as barbaric

my thinking is that the trend will eventually reverse and we will move to more localized governance models (a la city states). what function will government serve when it becomes more and more obvious that we do not need them anymore to build mega projects like we used to

governments used to fund themselves on tariffs and import taxes but as the last 100 years have shown us, the scope of their intrusion into the private lives of their subjects and never-ending and encroaching thought and language policing via useful idiots and weaponized wombs is becoming too obvious to ignore. people are still coming to terms with the last 100 years of developments and hindsight and emotional detachment from the events of the past will make it clear that monolithic nation states and matriarchy gone wild are the biggest threat facing the human race today and need to be dealt with before we can continue

We definitely have a similar outlook on the problem we are facing, but we are coming at the solution from two different perspectives.

It is my belief that the concept of state ( the need for a Leviathan as Hobbes put it to provide structure and security from the chaotic and arbitrarily harsh forces of nature) will go out of fashion as the need for a megalithic state is no longer required to achieve this goal. That is not to say that there will be no form of governance, quite the opposite governance will play a more important role, however it will be a more local role where it can more readily and immediately address issues relevant to their constituents instead of trying to run an entire billion population country from one centralized committee

I was playing online games in 1999, this is before the dotcom bust

>1 post by this id

And sage.

i see where you're coming from. You are libertarian minded. The issue with local governance is the leaders dont see beyond their little realm and struggles for control of more territory and strategic resources may arise. A strong centralized state is the way to keep a big territory for your people, thats why these monolithic nation states succeeded over the idea of fiefdoms.
Say you live in the US and every state governs itself, with its own military. You are fragmented and more vulnerable. This is a harsh world and war will always exist. You will fight amongst yourselves. In the end its a matter of ideology and your points are valid and probably have its advantages, but i think the centralized look is more realistic of human nature, humans whose great empires always occured under strong, central powers.

I am hearing echos from the dotcom bubble kek

Stupid bear enjoy getting liquidated. 400 Billion marketcap isnt even high for something that can potentially replace or compete with banks not even accounting for ICO platforms, smart contracts and RFID use case. 10 at least 5 to 10 trillion mcap before this shit implodes bigtime