Habanero is the best tasting hot pepper;

Habanero is the best tasting hot pepper;

Prove me wrong

tastes like spicy oranges desu

*proves you wrong*

actually naga jolokia is better, sadly it's a bit too hot to enjoy as a snack

The best superhot I've tried is moruga scorpion

It's hot as fuck but great taste, I can't even relate the taste to anything else. It's like a category of its own

I like habs but I wouldn't say they're the "Best" tasting. IMHO that depends on what you want to do with them. Habs have a nice citrus sort of taste. They go great with grilled or roasted fish, "jerk" style dishes, and so on. I also like them hollowed out, stuffed with cheese & bacon, then grilled. But I wouldn't want to use them in heavier dishes like a southern indian curry or chili con carne. I keep a variety of peppers on hand depending on what dish I want to cook with them.

is there any way to preserve pepper flavor while still cutting back on the heat? Would love to make a sauce but the heat is just too overwhelming

Habanero sauces generally use carrot to dampen the spice without changing the flavor much.

Yeah, this. There's also the obvious: remove the core and the seeds from the pepper. The core that the seeds are attached to is the hottest part by far.

Is there a pepper that has the fruity flavor qualities of habanero but significantly less heat? I love habanero heat personally but my family doesn't

>tfw there are a number of "superhots" that supposedly taste really good

There's a good handful that I want to try, but I guess i'm just going to work on upping my heat tolerance over time. I've been eating dried Pequins lately and putting them in food.

I prefer Scotch Bonnet's, however they are very similar.

Perfect spice level for me to have on/in everything. There was a time when I was having half a finely chopped bonnet in a cup-a-soup for breakfast, will wake you up more than any coffee

>Prove me wrong
Because it's a personal opinion.
You can delete this thread now, retard.

Habanero has a disgusting zesty flavour that fucks with the heat inna bad way

Friends dont let friends eat habanero's

this

For me, habs are the perfect blend of heat and flavor. They're hot, but they're not too hot, and yet they're very flavorful.

My favorite chili....

The citrus-like flavor compliments the heat, imo.

Why the fuck don't they just make a spicy pineapple while they're at it!?

for me it's the jalapeno.

it's flavor: chili.

i don't want "fruity", "zesty", or "citrus". i just want straight up chili flavor. and jalapeno has the most potent chili flavor.

not a fan of habeneros fruity hotness

Everyone but you in this thread is a faggot

Homegrow low heat habanero strains. That's the best way.

samefag?

Yes, there are several, but you most likely will have to grow them yourself.

One such pepper is the habanada. It's like a habanero but with little to no heat.

Growing chili peppers is not hard. You can do it indoors or outdoors (outdoors is much cheaper and easier because you don't have to buy grow lights, but the downside is that chili pepper plants grow very slowly, they take a long time to develop fruit, and the fruit take a long time to ripen. All this can take as long as 8 months or more, and if your growing season is only 5 months, your yield will be small).

So, if you live in a place with a short growing season, then growing indoors isn't really a "waste", even though it's more expensive. Because you can grow year round.

Amazon has a lot of reasonably-priced grow lights for sale.

I enjoy the flavor of jalapeño, but I am not a fan of its thick skin.

Chinense cultivars like habanero, bhut jolokia, etc. have a very thin skin which I much prefer.

of course, the skin softens if you cook the jalapeño. But another thing is that the jalapeño isn't a very HOT hot pepper. It's hot if you eat it as a crudite but if you're using them in a pot of stew it takes lots and lots to actually make the stew hot.

Ive tried about 60 types of peppers.
Habanero is in my top 3

but these babies are the GOAT peppers. Sadly, you can only find in few parts of Mexico

I like it but I think that might be because habaneros are the perfect balance of spicy and flavor for me.

I like serrano.