Music/ food before a big test

Hi, two questions.

1. I have a big test that I'm somewhat nervous for, what music is best to listen to before a test, and what music should I definitely not listen to? Classical? "Pump-up" music? Piano? Ambient? Chaotic avant-garde music?
2. What can I eat that will keep me awake, focused, and energized for a long test?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tT9gT5bqi6Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derailment_(thought_disorder)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1281386/
nature.com/neuro/journal/v9/n3/full/nn1656.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Look up piano playlists on Spotify
2. Bananas

What about piano music that I already really enjoy, or should it be something that won't get stuck in my head?

I'm pretty sure results vary wildly for different people but this this what I do;
1. nothing at all. I have commute for 1.5 hours on public transport to get to my uni, and I usually read. before big tests I just sit and do nothing but clear my mind and then organize ideas and concepts for the test.
2. fresh fruit half an hour before.

I think having music playing will help lower some of my pre-test anxieties.

Fruit is recommended a lot, so I'm thinking I'll go with an apple or banana along with perhaps peanuts or yogurt.

1. Nothing, silence is best, you should study right up until the very end. Sleep is important to
2. Amphetamines, caffeine, and enough food so that you are not hungry. It would probably help to consume stuff high in glucose, as your brain needs glucose to run.

Besides getting good sleep, doing amphetamines, and not being hungry the gains are marginal compared to being prepared for the test.

Music yes, specifically this for studying/reviewing for the test as close to the test taking time as possible, you need at least 10 mins of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=tT9gT5bqi6Y

>food

Food NO!!! Do not eat 3-4 hours before you have a test. You want to be slightly hungry when taking it. Ghrelin is your friend for test taking.

1. Stop being superstitious.
2. Methamphetamine.

Have a good sleep.

Even when awake, students often function below their peak. And they know it: Four
in five teens and three in five 18- to 29-year - olds wish they could get more sleep on week-
days (Mason, 2003, 2005). Yet that teen who staggers glumly out of bed in response to an
unwelcome alarm, yawns through morning classes, and feels half- depressed much of the
day may be energized at 11 P.M. and mindless of the next day’s looming sleepiness (Car-
skadon, 2002). “Sleep deprivation has consequences—difficulty studying, diminished
productivity, tendency to make mistakes, irritability, fatigue,” noted Dement (1999, p.
231). A large sleep debt “makes you stupid.”

>tfw doing physics and sleeping 5-6h per night every night

it hurts

exams lasted two weeks and it was a special kind of hell

This is a question I've always had.

I usually nap for about an hour a day (when I can) during midday.. if I did happen to sleep 5-7 hours one night, would the nap I took before make up for it? Or does it not matter since it was split over two sleeps? Like would napping for an hour and sleeping at night for 7 be the same as having 8 hours of sleep?

>You want to be slightly hungry when taking it
Are you fucking crazy, stupid hippie?
He should have glucose and fat to feed his brain.
>Music yes
Holy fucking shit, no, stop lying to yourself

Completely agree with glucose (I've been told fat does not feed the brain, it must be broken down first which is not a high priority). Music, however, seems to depend on the person heavily. Music is a massive distraction to me, yet I've met people who listen to music constantly even while reading/studying and have no problems absorbing + retaining the information.

They would be better without music, just like a computer works faster when it is not busy with something else

That's an awfully naive generalization when clearly at the least it's not the same barrier for them that it is for us. It's possible that the music stimulates inactive parts of their mind, while the parts responsible for study are unaffected or able to tune it out.

Activating random parts of your brain is not good, you dumb plebeian. Holy fucking shit, this shit head guy, your whole idea of how a 20 watts human brain works is just horrible, GTFO

>Activating random parts of your brain is not good, you dumb plebeian. Holy fucking shit, this shit head guy, your whole idea of how a 20 watts human brain works is just horrible, GTFO
Nice rhetoric.

1.OP you will be doing yourself a favor if you throw away all your sound systems, trust me. Music makes you euphoric and stuff yet there is only an illusion of performance, I have tested and I am actually forgetting a lot of stuff when listening to music. Even when I took breaks to listen to it, my brain then loops the song in my head at other moments, and overall it just gets me tired. I am one of those who get "straight As" studying with music, yet it is basically a bunch of noise that disturbs me. You can look for brain scans to see how much you overload your brain with the musical jew. There is also dopamine desensitization and constant loss of thought process, something like: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derailment_(thought_disorder)

Denying this symptoms is only going against basic science&logic, You would only be showing how immature you are.

2. You can test different diets. Basically, your priority is to power your mind with sugars and fats(ketones), so protein is not important beyond the regular amount. You should also make sure you get: Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, minerals etc. What you want to avoid at all costs is Fructose, because your body can't control its blood levels without basically having to overburn it. Fructose is the reason why table sugar turns you into a wild animal, while chain carbs don't, even though they have more calories, are more easily absorbed(like bread, rice etc).

>me awake, focused, and energized for a long test?
Coffee. Yeah, but you shouldn't drink it everyday, and that is the whole trick. Caffeine tolerance is the Opposite of the effect, so you should drink it for WEEKLY Bursts. If you drink it everyday, you will notice that you are getting dumber compared to someone sober. Someone without tolerance will drink half a espresso and go into Berserk Super Sayan mode, while someone with tolerance will drink two espressos and feel like 10% better. Caffeine abuse is the number one mistake among students.

Ahem Me here. Unlike many other anons, I don't merely shitpost.

Music:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1281386/

Ghrelin:
nature.com/neuro/journal/v9/n3/full/nn1656.html

There is a lot more on those subjects, but those will be a good place to start if you are actually interested in learning more.

rekt

Hell no,the noise on the bus is more than enough.
Only good night sleep is what i need.

Why did you respond to my posts dismissing rhetoric? I did not make an unsubstantiated claim, I dismissed unsubstantiated claims against your claims. Regardless, I did not believe them, and suggest you post sources immediately when making claims that are clearly counter-intuitive. Thanks for sources.