Donuts!

Y'all ever try making donuts?

Pic related is a wild yeast/ sourdough based donut.

Ingredients:
>200g Active sourdough starter
>120 ml of lukewarm water or milk
>60g caster or baker's sugar.
>3 eggs
>60g of softened butter
>400g bread flour plus extra for dusting
>lemon or lime zest
>8g sea salt

Directions:
1) Add sugar to water or milk, and then add sourdough starter. Allow to sit until mixture bubbles (10 minutes)

2)Beat eggs with zest, alcohol of your choice (splash of rum, bailey's etc), and butter.

3) Add to sourdough mixture and mix (either by hand or machine, I like to use a machine first then finish kneading by hand)

4) As your mixing, add the salt.

5) Mix till dough is glossy and smooth. Beware it may be a little sticky so just adjust a little and play around.

*Note: when I finish kneading by hand I use the slap method.

6) Transfer dough after to greased bowl and let rise till double or about 4-5 hours at room temp.

7) Punch down and refrigerate dough overnight.

8) The next day turn out dough on floured surface and roll to about .8 inches thick. Cut out with mold of your choice, can be cup, ring, etc.

9) to make the holes i just make a hole with my fingers and roll the hole to make it bigger

10) Let it proof for another 1-2 hours, until double in size.

11) Fry in 350 degree oil.

12) Glaze with anything you want ( I used cinnamon brown sugar, and a bourbon maple syrup glaze)

I got inspired by the doughnuts from Hole in Asheville, NC!

Enjoy!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wt6n6bqRDaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Crumb shots

looks terrible but im sure it taste good

Eh i just did it the way they did at Hole. Another crumb shot

I help my friends do a shit ton around Christmas. I never really do any outside of that.

Those are some pretty nuts.

Here's the vid I tried to do the donuts from: youtu.be/wt6n6bqRDaA

Neato. Always wanted to make donuts but it's one of those things that feels like it takes more effort than it's worth.

I love doughnuts, but I hate deep frying.

What's a donut without sugar taste like?

I've always been curious.

Like fried dough. So you want the dough to have some sugar in it, but the glaze is totally optional, especially on freshly made donuts.

Yes. On Doughnut Day every year (19th March).
Lemon-flavoured, potato-brioche doughnuts fried in oil then sugared and eaten.
I've never made any other type, though.

I work in a bakery. So yes I make dohnuts. Get to sample one right when they are still hot. Some good shit.

Crispy creme?

this picture ruined your donuts for me, op.

i'd probably think they were tasty if i didn't imagine geriatric vagina while looking at them.

Wtf sourdough donuts dont sound right

its fried dough stuck in sugar

it cant be wrong

If you're going to spell 'doughnuts' 'donuts' then you should spell 'sourdough' 'sourdo'.

I like watching Trump tuck into KFC or McDonalds with a knife and fork but this is too much.
Fuck $hillarys stupid ass.

>I like watching Trump tuck into KFC or McDonalds with a knife and fork

Fucking hell, user. That guy is such a loser. He can fly anywhere and has an essentially limitless food budget but eats like a picky four year old. He literally eats fast food and never leaves his own properties because he's scared of trying new things. Absolutely pathetic. The novelty of watching him make a joke out of himself wore off long ago.

you look terrible but im sure you taste good

NYC is donut heaven.

>Doughnut Plant
>Dough
>Doughnut Project

Gettin' fat with no fucks given.

Pic related - Doughnut Project. Beer and Ricotta doughnut is the tits