Coffee Grinders

I'm in the market for a good Burr-Grinder and I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a piece of shit. Does Veeky Forums have anything in mind?
Also, coffee thread, I suppose.

Other urls found in this thread:

prima-coffee.com/blog/baratza-encore-review-espresso-grinder
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMR_ffmtHKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

depends on what you want to do and what your budget is. assuming your on a tighter budget the capresso infinity and batatza encore are entry level conical burr grinders that are well regarded for producing consistent grinds. however both are more suited to french press and drips as they do not produce fine enough grind for espresso or turkish. i personally use a breville dose control pro, which is under $200 and designed for fine espresso and turkish grinds but not that terribly great at medium or coarse grinds.

Well, money isn't really an issue for me, within reason. I want to get something that can produce consistent grinds and is pretty good at coarser and fin grinds. Don't you have to use a mortar and pestle to pulverize the beans into a powder for turkish and arabian coffee?

Assuming you're not doing espresso, Baratza Virtuoso

if you have a wider budget then you should buy the best one you can afford. tbqh a grinder is the second most important element of making good coffee first is the quality of the beans of course. meaning a grinder is more important than the espresso machine you use. assuming you are making espresso than get a Rancilio Rocky for $350

Baratza Encore is great if you're an American who's not into espresso or Turkish coffee.

Well, I am an American who is into espresso.

the rocky is an outdated pos grinder much like the Silvia. They were good entry level stuff 10 years ago but not anymore.

Then, what is good?

I have this one it's about $30 on amazon, it works great.

Any of their other models above Encore oughta do it.

The Virtuoso is aimed for espresso grinding, but I'd research the shit out of that claim. Seattle Coffee Gear might have a video.

>it works great
If you're doing one cup for yourself. The second I have to make double (48g) for a full press pot or even more, I dread it.

>outdated pos

yeah because grinding coffee beans in 2016 requires coffeeOS 10 right?

if you want to get into entry level commercial grade stuff, then check out the Baratza Vario. $500 buckaroonies

What do you think of this review:
prima-coffee.com/blog/baratza-encore-review-espresso-grinder

The writer makes the argument that the Encore can be used to make espresso that is near par. However, I have considered that they are being paid to promote the product.

Not the one who posted the pic but I have that grinder and it works for my bodum 34oz coffee press. I don't even fill it all the way up with beans.

do they block up.
I have a fancy fag coffee grinder, but it always stops grinding, where it is still half full....
Any recommendations?

I got myself an 11mm nut and impact socket and turned it into a 2 piece electric grinder

It doesn't really grind fine enough. Especially if you are using a decent setup (non-pressurized filter baskets in a half decent or better machine)

Dunno if you can buy these in the states, but I bought a Graef and it's fucking brilliant

Seattle Coffee Gear tested it out a few times for espresso, apparently it's decent.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZMR_ffmtHKQ

I gotta say, cleaning fines from an Encore is a bitch. Even at the medium-fine setting of 12 (that I use for moka pot) you lose a couple grams of grinds if you don't wait for the static to die down.

I have a Cuisinart. It's pretty cheap. Seems to do its intended job pretty well.