/frugal/

Can we get a frugal living thread going?
B, 1103x709

>Get a gym membership. Saves healthcare costs in the long term, allows you to be more effective at work, and have more energy. Never shower at home.
>Only live off of fruit, vegetables, water, and occasional fish/meat. Cheap and healthy.
>Get into the habit of eating 'low end' frozen food. A bag of frozen spinach can easily cost $1 and it will feed you for an entire day.
>Learn basic carpentry and design. Ask furniture stores for spare parts they are going to throw out. Use them to build your own furniture
>Meditation is the best and cheapest way to spend your time for a good life.
>Don't get a TV

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/is-meditation-overrated/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Get a power up rewards membership. Saves vidya costs in the long term, allows you to be more effective at work, and have more energy. Never shower.
>Only live off of curry and pasta, and occasional fish/meat. Cheap.
>Get into the habit of eating 'low end' noodles. A bag of ramen can easily cost $0.01 and it will feed you for an entire day.
>Learn basic memes and shitposting. Ask alpha males for spare parts they are going to throw out. Use them to build your own memes
>anime is the best and cheapest way to spend your time for a good life.
>Don't leave home

Now that that is out of the way I'll detail what I do myself instead of the generic advice I gave in the OP pulled off desuarchive.
>getting a cheaper phone plan
I will move from unlimited for $60 a month to 500mb cap for $12 a month
>stick with the phone you have
Don't buy a smartphone upgrade. If anything sell your current one if its expensive and buy a $100 Xiaomi phone which is on par with current models.
>dont pay for a wired internet connection
you can just turn your phone into a portable hotspot. It's what I was doing when I had unlimited. Just connect to your phones internet from your laptop
>use a low power thinkpad
you can buy thinkpads for less than $150 or $100. Again you can sell your expensive one and sell that power hog desktop.

>go to malls and take the change out of the fountains

I lel'd

I currently have no electricity at home. All I have is a hotplate that gets paid by the landlord. I use candles and torch to see at night. I use the hotplate to boil water and cook food. I charge my phone at work or in the basement for free and its good for another 24 hours.

roll up your coupon magazines to beat your fat wife and kids. saves money on baseball bats and no bruising

a gym membership? That'd set me back 1k per year where I live. Home gym + running outdoors is what's frugal

>take the food that was delivered to the school

apologies
I pulled it off desu archive. I just don't exercise apart from walking to work to save the money for the bus.

I rinse out my condoms after using them and I save roughly $500 a year

>go to your parents house and and take food, gasoline, motor oil, and clothing

This sounds like expensive living to me.

Frugal living:
-Eat from dumpsters. Find a good produce dumpster and a couple food production factory spots and you're set

-Steal toliet paper from cafes and public bathrooms

-Hack your neighbors wifi and get good signal with a cantenna (antenna made from a can)

-Instead of smoking weed, smoke crack. Rock is much stronger and can go a lot longer

-Drive your car into a lake and take a bike or public transit instead

im a master mechanic so any foreign cars, bikes, or other toys i buy i get free maint. and i can find cheapo parts, saves thousands

Roll your own smokes. A bag of baccy will be good for 100 smokes.

im a master pimp so any foreign whores, dykes, or other boys i buy i get free maint. and i can find cheapo heroin, saves thousands

Its easier to take it while its being delivered. Wait for the person handling delivery to bring in the first set of boxes, then pull the rest from his truck and get out of there before he comes back.

>500MB cap
>costs fucking 12 bucks
poor americucks

I cook all my food in the sunlight, saves me a ton in cook costs

>during cold months never buy tisues. Go to mcdonalds and fill your pockets with napkins
>don't shower, let your body grow sweat eating bacteria and never stink again
>don't turn up the heat, put your legs in hot water instead
>don't have friends or socialize
>play free to play games

I live in Chicago and it costs me $33.78 a month for 500mb cap on 3g internet. Also, someone shot out the windows and two of the tires from my car last night and stole my radio and everything from my glove box, including the owners manual, so now I don't how to replace the broken windows.

What about housing?

>move from unlimited for $60 a month to 500mb cap for $12 a month
>500mb a month
>500mb a month
>500mb a month

>dont pay for a wired internet connection, you can just turn your phone into a portable hotspot
>500mb a month
>500mb a month
>500mb a month

please explain

>instead of spending money in gas just walk everywhere
>instead of buying expensive alcohol from the store, just buy alcohol from your local drug store, normally the alcohol content is higher
>instead of spending all your money on school, just spend it getting a certificate that you know how to code from codeacademy

Dumpster diving is unironically becoming not feasible. It was in the 90s and 00s, but sec cameras are everywhere, and I see more and more locks on them as the years go by.

>Meditation
Proven to be a meme
>Don't get a TV
Don't get cable/satellite. Degenerate garabge that fills up 25% of your viewing time with commercials. Having a tv hooked up to your computer is alright though

>use rags instead of toilet paper. Hand wash them and reuse over and over
>never buy bottled water. Collect rain water or lake etc and boil for free unlimited water
>the pump hoses at gas stations have some gas left in them after each use. Use a container to collect unlimited free gas

>Proven to be a meme
Wtf are you talking about? Meditation is proven to be super beneficial for the brain and other organs of the body.

>>use rags instead of toilet paper
just use your hand and wash them afterwards, youll save the costs you spent buying rags

>Wtf are you talking about? Meditation is proven to be super beneficial for the brain and other organs of the body.

Checked

Rekt

>portable hotspot
you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Kung Henry

No one is actively watching those cameras, though. They use them as evidence in theft cases. You think there is some dedicated security guard in the grocery store back room who sits and watches cameras all day like a Mission Impossible movie or something?

>and I see more and more locks on them as the years go by
muh bolt cutter

Dude low end frozen food isn't much cheaper than average quality fresh food. More importantly, you'd be better off gardening anyway. Some things like tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, potatoes, and eggs don't require much effort to cultivate and can save you a lot of money in the long run. It also gives you the benefit of having a hobby to get you outside (and away from this cesspool) which helps with confidence, motivation, and mental health in general. Dollar for dollar, protein powder goes further than any natural source of protein. For a while I was living off of oatmeal, peanut butter, whole milk, and ON whey protein mixed into a 2k calorie paste and eaten throughout the day.

I also save cash by using google fi for my cell service. It only works with google phones but you only pay for the data you use, so if you get a 3 gb plan and only use 1.2 in a month, you only pay $12 for data that month. Without data it's $20 for unlimited talk and text. I usually only spend $30-40 per month and haven't had any issues with signal.

Solar panels can save money in the long run if you have the space, but it could take years to break even and by then new and better panels will have come out. You're better off just conserving energy by using less.

Hell, one extreme that I'm considering is living off of that protein paste in a van and showering at the gym while I save up a good nest egg.

realistically if they start noticing the locks have been cut they'll start watching the cameras

Meditation hasn't been proven to be a meme. There are heaps of literature proving its effectiveness.

?

>growing eggs

>Build own furniture
Your time must be very cheap

You know when you go to the river/pond/sea and you see some swans/ducks/seagulls ?

Grab a rock and crack those flying niggers over the head with it.

Boil it up with some homegrown eggs and wash it down with some bin juice from the back of your nearest McDonalds.

KEK

Kung Henry quads!

Usually they'll just put a new lock on, but after its been cut a few times in a short time span, they just give up and leave it unlocked. Don't be afraid of cameras for small shit like that.

Eat your own shit, you can recycle turds 2-3 times before all the nutritients are gone. All this single-pass eating is for reddit pussies. Imagine how much that'll cut down your food cost!

>Live in Boston on green E line
>Train has option to either tap your charlie card or manually insert cash
>whenever I get on the train I start shaking violently and take an extra amount of time to insert the dollar bill
>Train conductor usually thinks I am retarded and tells me to just put $1 in instead of the $2.75 needed to ride.

so what do you do for fun

The hospital bills from E. coli infection will outweigh any saving.

Second harvest

fucking kek

>grab fruit and veggies from neighbors’ gardens at night
>sneak into movies, theater hop
>walk into McDonalds with old cup and get free refills
>grab out of tip jars while cashiers aren’t looking
>pocket small items from Walmart aisles without cameras
>get free stuff off craigslist and re-sell them
>take people’s pets and return them when they start posting ‘Have You Seen This Dog?’ rewards

feels good to be frugal bros, fucking wagecucks lol

Like acupuncture, the studies done lacked scientific rigor, and with more controls in place, the less significant results came up
scientificamerican.com/article/is-meditation-overrated/

I mean, it ain't bad for you, and might be good as a practise of patience, but it's not a super buff skill

>gym membership
>frugal
I got a used dumbbel off ebay and job regularly
costs me nothing
>of fruit, vegetables
>cheap
lol what
barely any calories for lots of money, I like them but they are not frugal at all

jog*

>>take people’s pets and return them when they start posting ‘Have You Seen This Dog?’ rewards
lmao

(You)'ve earned this

roll cigarettes to save hundreds a month if you're a smoker
don't ever buy a car
vacation in cheap third world countries instead of expensive places like miami and cali
a jar of peanut butter and bread can keep you alive for days

lmao

>checking tickets manually of every person who gets on a train
how the fuck would this even work?

Have you ever been on a fucking train?

they don't

probably just a funny larp but it's super easy to just sneak in behind someone else during rush hour

After all these years, we've finally become Seven Psychopaths...

>he doesn't have an egg tree in his backyard

>Buying condoms ever.
A rubber glove costs less and can be cut into buy condoms.

Shit my €20 plan comes with 60GB 4G... Da fuck muricaan ?