What would it be like to encounter a species that is going across the universe helping other intelligent life forms...

what would it be like to encounter a species that is going across the universe helping other intelligent life forms survive and communicate across the dark abyss that is deep space by giving them advanced technology and scientific theories and methamtical models which advance our abilities to overcome the laws that seem to limit us? i imagine that if we were able to somehow advance our understanding of nature to the extent that we can travel across planets effectively through some form of propulsion, live preservation and extension, and information acquisition and storage, we could go around to try and help assist other sapient beings across the ravages of time without much resistance.

however, how would we respond on the recieving end? would we be distraught and try to attack them?

the Veeky Forums aspect i'm asking of this is, how universal is our model of nature? what happens to our empirical model if it's confronted by an entirely different approach? we improve our models of course, but not from scratch right? it must be a significant disparity.

Other urls found in this thread:

empoweredcomic.com/comic/volume-1-page-174
bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20150811-do-animals-fight-wars
bbc.com/earth/story/20150818-chimps-living-in-the-stone-age
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

an emdrive with billion junction solar cells and cryogenic DNA data storage with superconducting quantum computers manipulating the ship and its abundant sensors/radars is the best approach.

I too would like more advanced methamtical models.

>how would we respond on the recieving end?
With gibsmedat #HumanLivesMatter

WE

Humans would absolutely attack.
Its human nature and has been repeated throughout history and is happening today.
You think the US treats niggers poorly?
ET is going to take gangbangs in the back alley.

USA is shit scared of extraterrestrials. Air force pilots have actually been told not to dare try to shoot down UFOs because last time they tried a pilot got killed.

>however, how would we respond on the recieving end?
Badly for the most part. The Middle East will of course respond with all out war and the green glowing ashes of their cities sinking into the molten sand.

Culture shock will be immense. And so far I have only heard of Japanese culture being immune to this.

That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with aliens.
Imagine the shitstorm that'll happen when a pilot shoots down a civilian airliner because "it looked strange".

People with money and political influence will quickly see it as an opportunity to get more money and/or power and when the alien race can't be manipulated by their charade they'll see them as a threat and try to propagate some kind of offensive, but it probably won't be too successful because everyone except the sandniggers will try to be 'politically correct' and welcome them. But either during or after there would inevitably be huge cultural changes that would cause destruction.

>USA is shit scared of extraterrestrials. Air force pilots have actually been told not to dare try to shoot down UFOs
Let me run this scenario:
>US fighter jock spots an UFO clearly going faster and is more agile than any known Earthly craft.
>Extensive recognition skills come up blank.
>Proceeds to try shooting down the UFO

I mean this is probably the reason aliens do not believe in intelligent life on Earth.

>because last time they tried a pilot got killed.
Or rectally probed.

>when a pilot shoots down a civilian airliner
Yup. Like when "Robocruiser" shot down that Iranian passenger aircraft thinking it looked like a fighter. Has been done.

People seriously think we will find intelligent lifeforms.

wud b rad as fuark m8
id love to chill with some hot ayylium babes, we'd inject so many marijuanas I'd end up berrying my dick so deep in dat ass I'd be the new king arthur

Op, for books that cover this- read uplift and the culture series

>would we be distraught and try to attack them?

Of course. Humanity doesn't do so well with something different. Oh some wouldn't but that doesn't matter when 1 person can be responsible for an entire race. Let's just hope they have alien tech that can render such attacks useless and humorous, thus not destroying us in the process.

WUZ

Die

An advanced alien species would probably never get out of its solar system if virtual reality developed on their planet. This is just an opinion so don't get mad

Who else here is just in it for new methamtical models

There are parts of the universe, billions of years older than us, so yeah, most likely there is something more intelligent out there.

Any alien race that is going around and uplifting other intelligent races, is so advanced that they might as well be magic or gods.

we should be worried if we are visitied by them too. Since they probably view them selves as the caretakers of the universe. If they deem a race unworthy. They will destroy them and leave wildlife of their planets alive.

Time for some HFY? I believe we're a pretty resilient species and we're probably surprisingly good at warfare for aliens (We are the only warfaring species on this planet for example)
We have so many "dirty" tactics that we need to ban by a common shared moral codex that we also break any time we feel it's necessary. We'd commit atrocities against these alienes they could never imagine. Sure they could easily kill billions, but like with vermin they can't just kill everybody. And the few of us that do survive and manage to infiltrate the alien ships or even get on their planet by secretly traveling with ther ships would cause so much death and pain to these aliens they wish they'd never attacked us.

>chill with some hot ayylium babes
Check Emp, the comics, it looks into what can go wrong.

>never
Let's not eliminate curiosity as a driver. It is part of human nature to look around the corner and further afield even in children.

>We are the only warfaring species on this planet for example
Not so sure about that. It is said that apes gather in larger groups and go on a warfare like rampage against neighbouring groups. They also eat the fallen enemy.

Citation needed.

>however, how would we respond on the recieving end?
Is this a bait or you're just retarded? Nonetheless, what the fuck are you doing on this board?

>It is said that apes gather in larger groups and go on a warfare like rampage against neighbouring groups.

Gonna need sauce on that.

>last time they tried a pilot got killed

The current level of historical ignorance is staggering.

In the 1950s, after a flurry of intrusions alarmed the Truman administration, the US Air Force ordered their pilots to shoot them down as soon as they violated restricted air space around nuclear installations. Within about a year the USAF lost almost 200 fighter planes and their pilots. The order was then rescinded. (Stanton Friedman on KGRAradio)

"We have stacks of reports about flying saucers. We take them seriously when you consider we have lost many men and planes trying to intercept them." (Gen Benjamin Chidlaw, Head of Air Defense Command, 1953)

www.google.com/search?q=1950+order+to+shoot+down+ufo

>Citation
Since you are not specific I can only presume you meant to ask for a link to Emp (mostly because I am tired, about to go to bed and this is the quickest link to find (mwahaha)):
empoweredcomic.com/comic/volume-1-page-174
Enjoy

>Gonna need sauce on that
I had hope you would be satisfied with EMP - as it were. Anyways:
bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20150811-do-animals-fight-wars
BBC really does have a lot of interesting stuff, this one really made me think:
bbc.com/earth/story/20150818-chimps-living-in-the-stone-age
Put these articles together and play some Also Sprach Zarathustra.

Well as humans, we only understand things based off of previous discoveries; our model of nature is relative to what we understand of it. Given that, a new model could exist, but with our current knowledge we could not come up with it on our own.