How fucked would we on Earth be if the moon just disappeared one day?

How fucked would we on Earth be if the moon just disappeared one day?

Well, the oceans would be monumentally fucked

All of the coastal areas would flood, and the earth could potentially speed up its rotation, depending on how the moon disappeared

not as bad as if the sun fell out of orbit

the Moon landing was a hoax you faggot

The Moon wouldn't be able to absorb radiation from the Sun, and the Earth would get hotter

Plus, flooding and the winter wouldn't come anymore due to ocean tides and currents changing, not carrying temperature anymore

Since the earth would still rotate on an incline, there would still be seasons, but they would behave differently

It would be another extinction event. Most life will probably die, almost definitely including humans. But microbes will persist and life will continue.

There are too many lunar dependent, natural systems on Earth to list in a reasonable post. But, things would be very scary on Earth and a lot of deaths would result, as well as a lot more species going extinct.

I have a question, would sea life be as devastated as land creatures? No tides or sea currents, but most land would be flooded for quite a long time.

If we steal one of Saturn's moons and place it near Earth, would that solve global warming?

ITT : retards

the moon doesn't exist half of the time and nothing happens

We can only hope so

I'm working on an Earth Science degree. I took meteorology, advanced meteorology, oceanography, and astronomy.

Please explain how the sun absorbing radiation from the sun would make the Earth cooler. I have never heard of such a thing.

The moon blocks sunlight when it passes between the earth and the sun

That it does actually. I don't know that's a significant amount.

The Earth's core radiates to the surface .06 watts per meter squared. In comparison solar radiation is 1370 watts per meter squared.

The moon eclipses the sun between 2 and 5 times per year. Is the amount of radiation lost even greater than the core radiating temperature or is it literally insignificant in comparison?

Lrn2supportive-mechanism fgt pls

We don't even notice it. Moon effects on oceans is a myth

Werewolves become extinct, as do all species dependent on werewolves, like the werewolf lice.

That's a lot of mass being anhilated, the resulting explosion would probably burn the earth.

Bitches everywhere would start severely trippin' because menstruation is tied to moon cycles

Can we all just agree that the people most affected would be /x/philes. They'd shit their collective pants.

For one thing, coral reefs would be fucked because coral polyps breed following the lunar cycle.

The biggest effect would be on living things. Tides wouldn't come in and out, there would never be moonlight to hunt or navigate by, the phases of the moon couldn't serve as a signal to things that respond to it as one.

I can't see it bothering humans much. Some food sources would go. For every inconvenient thing that would happen, other changes would be convenient.

what?

No. If that was the case all women would menstruate at the same time. The body just happens to have a cycle lasting 28 days or so. It would happen with a moon or no moon. You could have a female astronaut over on alpha centauri and she'd still get her period without the moon.

Ancient people attached it to the moon cycle because it lasted about as long as moon phases. That's not actually scientific.

top kek

autism

Nothing would change. For some reason retards ITT think that tides are related to the moon but that's a myth, they're mostly caused by wind and underwater high-temperature zones. The moon could stop existing tonight and barely anything would happen.

Were you born this stupid or did you have to work on it?

Conservation of momentum. If the moon disappeared, the earth would speed up its rotation. This would cause water to swell near the equator

Except that's wrong. Have you ever seen tide tables?