Khan Academy

Opinions on pic related? I'm using it to teach myself calc before starting my degree. Good idea or no?

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good idea, but supplement it with a book. Unless you're doing pure math, probably Stewart.

You must have triple bonds because you are alkynes of retarded.

top kek. Why am I retarded for this?

what will i miss out on if im not subbing it with a book?

More detailed explanations, more content, and lots more exercises. Khan academy is still good though, it's just worth hearing/reading stuff more than once.

This is not OP but I'm in the same situation. Kahn is pretty cool but I want to work through some texts. Could you fire some off at me? Stewart who? And I am embarrassed to report I will be needing to look over algebra again.

There is a wiki for this, but any calculus book will do. Since calculus at a non honors level is just plug and chug.

What wikia is it? The Veeky Forums wiki? Or some other one?

wiki != wikia.

Hm you're right. I dunno why I did that. I got it right the second time.

Say no more family member.

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Math_Textbook_Recommendations

I will point out this list is more geared towards people who want to do pure math. If you want to learn calculus for the sake of something else, you probably want a more applied book, like Calculus by Stewart.

Nah I'm just doing it for fun. I'm 29 but I studied history and then got an M.A. in theology. It's a competency that could open some doors, and maybe get me moving on a side career of sorts with computers. My numeric limitation had always condemned me to hobbyist-tier. But really I just want to challenge myself and figure this stuff out. These unholy secrets of the universe. I never got past algebra III. And by that I mean I did not pass algebra III. I'm so ignorant and living in such computational darkness...I gotta fix this. I gotta make a stand, man. I gotta differentiate these vector fields. Was I a barely functioning dumpster fire of a human being for a little while there? Yeah no one denies that. A little self-destruction goes a long way though really builds that character and gives it the work out it needs. Nothing stretches you like a few crippling addictions alongside ur already backbreaking existential despair. So yeah to address your concern I think I'm quite partial to the "pure" and theoretical side of mathematics overall. I am comfortable with this situation.

Pic related I am just wrecking. I'm about to cop James Stewart right now desu and I found the 6th edition for $19 bucks that's a savings of $206.10 nobody wants ur 7th edition Jimmy you really r rly underestimating my wokeness

Shut up.

Why don't you come over here and make me math boy. I bet you wear glasses and are totally funny looking. Hah. Hah. L7 weeeeeeeeeniiieee!!

>Why don't you come over here and make me math, boy.
commas
use them

Are my rapidly accelerating arithmetical power levels causing you discomfort senpai? Man u must be one of those sensitive types. That sucks because there is no cure for that besides decapitation. Really sorry to hear about ur loss.

In that case, after doing Stewart (which is a more applied book), get yourself Calculus by Spivik (which is a pure book, designed to introduce proofs). If you're feeling ambitious, you could even start with Spivik instead.

I don't really know what you're talking about.
Nor do I care.

I just wanted to point out how ridiculous your lack of punctuation makes you sound.

because it made me laugh and I think it will make others laugh too if they read it. And it's good to laugh.

at you.

Aye thank you.

You know what I really want? One of those Soviet era texts. Because I think that would sound really cool to talk about when I'm twirkin at the club. It just is objectively awesome-sounding. But also I mean that is just living history I think I could really get into my work thinking I was trying to defeat the Americans into space and just callin' everyone comrade who walks by me.

Do you have any suggestions? The more obscurant and Russian the better. I want it to smell like Moscow.

Pic related is what I'm talking about. Written by Russian turbo mastermind and Nobel laureate LEV LANDAU. I'm having this weird nostalgia to go revisit the collective farm I never went to.

fuck you asshole

>fuck, you asshole
>fuck you, asshole
>fuck, you, asshole

Do u think people will troll me? I heard that's a thing around here and a lot of people are in on it. The hacker Veeky Forums himself commands I actually heard. That's how he wants his site to work for some reason I dunno weird guy very spooky.

I think pic related is the man himself. I don't know that actually, but my gut is rarely wrong and I know he looks like that that.

The hacker Veeky Forums upon severe threat of hacking violence commands you stop this and leave ur angry ways and find me a dank Soviet Calculus textbook. His words. Not mine.

I didn't mean to capitalize calculus. I am sorry.

Guys. It has been 13 minutes and I am wondering if that neither of you are finding my Soviet book and you just left.

Please respond with some type of brief communication indicating what the situation is so I will know what to do next.

- Thanks

I'm not mad I just don't like being lied to. That's all.

implying calculus at all levels aren't plug and chug, you fucking degenerate

www.17calculus.com
You're welcome

It's pretty great and I always throw $50 their way when they have their annual donation drive because I use it fairly regularly and think it is great what they're doing. Sometimes the videos can be full of a bit too much fluff when they could have been much more concise, but other than that I have nothing but good things to say.

>A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light and G-d appeared. G-d told the man He had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. G-d explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might.

>his room filled with light and G-d appeared.

>and G-d appeared.

>G-d

Hmmmmm....

>It's pretty great and I always throw $50 their way when they have their annual donation drive

Does this ””””””annual”””””" drive happen bi-quarterly and also every Tuesday by chance?