ITS

HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

richarddawkins.net/2016/06/elites-ai-created-super-weapons-and-started-hunting-players-skynet-is-here/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That awesome and terrifying at the same damn time

Could you post something that isn't sensationalist trash next time? Thanks.

they probably did it on purpose for viral advertisement

Who are you talking to?

post the article.
Not giving clicks.

richarddawkins.net/2016/06/elites-ai-created-super-weapons-and-started-hunting-players-skynet-is-here/

That's neat. The A.I. exploited a bug that allowed them to craft weapons not possible to be made by human players.

Boggles my mind to think how that's even possible. Super cool.

Boggles your mind? It's basic machine learning, mate.

$player_super_weapon_capability = 0;

if ($player_super_weapon_capability != 0) { RUN_SUPERWEAPON_CREATION_ROUTINE
}

some bug, they just forgot to set the flag which disabled super weapons for the AI. duh!

Dont pretend like you understand what's going on. You're like that guy that claims to know about dark matter and other science buzzwords because he watched one documentary on the science channel.

I do GA and GP research.

>lying on the internet
Why do this

This. See comments on the article in question for more information. The optimizing system "exploited" that constraints on the crafting system were missing entirely from its perspective. This makes it a pretty simple error, and it probably looked like nothing more than the normal AI suddenly being unbalanced as shit stat-wise. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but that's pretty boring in my opinion, and I'm relatively easily excited by simple AI doing cool things.

Fuck you faggot I'm way smarter than you are or can ever hope to be.

reminds me of when I played Minecraft, Arma and Gmod

In each of these games there existed entirely community made game modes that simulated economies, and minecraft even had a gamemode that allowed you to build a country sort of

every aspect of their design encouraged ultra-competitive binge-playing

Exploiting bugs is nothing new. It's been shown countless times that bots inevitable do. It's not a difficult concept. Anyone who's studied ML could learn how to make bots like that, there's literally step by step guides.

Yeah i remember these. Out of curiosity which Arma gamemode are you referring to? I want to start playing Arma 3 again but dont know what to do

It's called "altis life"

In hindsight, altis life is pretty shit to be honest. It is hard to explain how it creates the "illusion of fun" while in reality it's the most boring and stressful shit on the planet.

This, sounds more like the sorta simple bug game devs make all the time.

Did something similar myself once...

>Make quasi-MMO.
>Introduce Jellycubes in dungeons.
>Jellycubes split into smaller cubes when reaching My bonehead scripting forgets the game allows for fractional damage

...Pretty soon, dungeons evolve to be full of nothing but green jelly and dead players.

Yeah i used to play, had some good times.

Im gathering apples right now lel

>is surprised people on Veeky Forums actually know the memeist field at the moment

you're literally dumber than anyone on this site.

It isn't a bug. It is a feature they neglected to turn off. The program runs a set number of stuff in a list and if it is allowed to use this or that it will because it is on the list. If the item like a "Super Weapon" is on the list and developers neglected to remove it from the list then the AI will use it.

This happens all the time and has nothing to do with learning or intelligence on the AI's part.

I got ya beat:
>Make orc shamans with fireballs
>Accidentally link player fireball nuke spell, instead of monster fireball nuke spell
>MOBs have no mana, dependant instead on timers
>Shamans shooting nukes every frame frying everything into oblivion that doesn't just crash from the onslaught of flame sprites.

Which, from the comments, is pretty much exactly what these guys did:
>a bug allowed them to mix-n-match weapon capabilities in a way a player cannot. For example, an AI ship could have a conventionally slow-firing weapon able to fire at the rate of a Multi-Cannon. This was clearly a bug and not at all as intended.

That isn't artificial intelligence at work -- that's natural stupidity.

The fact that the CDC keeps the "World of Warcraft Corrupted Blood Incident" logs on file as a case study as what can happen in the case of a pandemic is much more interesting. (And, well, near every MMO economy, and the efforts to fix them, is kind of an interesting phenomenon in and of itself.)

I laughed at the smartest human beings alive when they said something like this could happen, because being a retarded human, I naturally feel superior to the smartest human beings alive.

Who is laughing now?

No one.

You're so dumb i feel dumber for having read your post.

>You're so dumb i feel dumber for having read your post.
well today we all witness a miracle: the birth of negative IQ.

Yo mama so dumb she sucked mah donger and then died